Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-01-2009, 13:59

Default Casa Isabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
actually the address is probably Roger De Flor which is the main road
El Posito is in Calle LLebeig i think

also takeaway is Casa Isabel which is fabulous
owner used to have Restaurant El Pozo

mrs s
I agree 100% my wife and I were reading the Casa Isabel menu last night after chatting about how much we like it!
Sponsored Links
Old 19-01-2009, 13:00

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1875 View Post
I agree 100% my wife and I were reading the Casa Isabel menu last night after chatting about how much we like it!
Any chance of posting the menu Mark??

Walked past many times but never tried it. Is it just takeaway or can you sit in?
Old 19-01-2009, 18:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleywanderer View Post
Any chance of posting the menu Mark??

Walked past many times but never tried it. Is it just takeaway or can you sit in?
Its takeaway only, but you can sit outside and have a drink whilst you wait for the food. I will type up last years menu into English, stick in the 2008 prices and add it. Where would I post it? On a new thread for Casa Isabel?
Old 19-01-2009, 18:55
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1875 View Post
. Where would I post it? On a new thread for Casa Isabel?
Have done that for you!

webmaster
Old 20-01-2009, 12:21

Where can you view the menu - I can't seem to find it?

thanks
Old 20-01-2009, 12:49

I don't think Mark has posted it yet - watch this space!
Old 20-01-2009, 15:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensa View Post
Have done that for you!

webmaster
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandyproc
Where can you view the menu - I can't seem to find it?

thanks
As we say in sunny Scotland, 'Haud Yur Horses wummin'. I will type it up, translation and all and add it when I get a momento? Do you think Casa Isabel will give me a wee discount/ post an advert on here if we do this?
Old 24-01-2009, 12:57

Casa Isabel menu 2008

I have listed the menu in Spanish and English with a wee translation to help

Menu – Spanish/ English 2008 Price in Euros

Gazpacho/ Gazpacho Soup – Andalusian Chilled Tomato Soup 3.25

Ensalada Rusa/ Russian Salad – Cubed mixed peas, carrots and potato in mayo. Very popular in Spain and bit like our potato salad. A good tapa/ starter. 3.75

Macarrones/ Macaroni in light tomato suace 3.75

Espaguetti Bolognesa/ Spagetti Bolognese – A kids favourite 3.75

Canallones/ Canalloni – Lare pasta tubes stuffed with meat (and cheese?) in a light tomato sauce 5.00

Lasana/ Lasagna – Needs no translation 5.00

Conejo Con Cebolla/ Rabbit and Onions – This is delicious and one of our favourites 6.75

Trampo Mallorquin/ Mallorcan Summer Salad – Made up of chopped green and red peppers, onions chopped together and mixed with some olive oil. Compliments many of the other dishes. Another one of our favourites. A good tapa/ starter. 3.50

Pollo Asado/ Whole Roast Chicken – Forget the UK and Irelands dried up supermarket battery servings, this chicken is large, tasty and the gravy it comes in is to die for. Will feed three or four no problem. Another one of our favourites 8.50

Roast Beef – We have never tried it. 7.00

Albondigas/ Meatballs – Handmade meatballs in a light tomato sauce – My kids love them. 6.50

Escalopes – Pork escalopes in a light breadcrumb 5.25

Frito Mallorquin/ Mallorcan ‘Fry’ – Frito is a mixed bowl of liver, kidney, sometimes other ‘offal’ chopped small with garlic, potato and pepper and fried in a little oil. A good tapa/ starter. 6.00

Berenjenas Rellenas/ Stuffed Aubergine – Aubergine stuffed with, from memory rice, tomatoes, onion and garlic. They are great as a starter (one portion serves 2) or compliment a main course. A good tapa/ starter. 5.25

Tumbet/ Mallorquin Ratatouille – Excellent dish which again is great as a starter (one portion serves 2 or 3) or compliment a main course. A good tapa/ starter. 5.00

Paella Mixta/ Mixed Paella – usually served with chicken, rabbit and seafood. Best to order earlier in the day for collection later 9.00

Paella Ciega/ ‘Blind Man’s’ Paella – is a paella with the bones removed from the meat. 9.00

Paella Marisco/ Seafood Paella – Normally served with squid, mussels, white fish, prawns etc. 9.25

Frito Marinero/ Mallorcan Seafood Fry – This Frito is a mixed bowl of seafood chopped small with garlic, potato and pepper and fried in a little oil. A great starter for 2 or 3 or served as a main course with local bread. Lovely. 6.50

Bacalao/ Cod – Cod, baked in the over with a rich tomato sauce. Delicious. 7.75

Mejillones Rellenos (12 Unidades)/ Stuffed Mussels (12 no) – Mussel shells stuffed with a seafood filling, topped with breadcrumbs. Makes a nice starter. 6.25

Calamar a la Romana/ Deep Fried Squid Rings – I love squid but have never eaten them from Casa Isabel, can the first one to try add their thoughts here? A good tapa/ starter. 6.50

Lomo con Setas/ Pork Loin with ‘seta’ mushrooms – My wife loves this dish 6.50

Pollo al ajillo/ Garlic Chicken – I have never tried it, although it looks lovely. 6.75

Lengua con Alcaparras/ Tongue and Capers – Sliced tongue served with capers in a light sauce, my better half loves this. 6.50

Croquettas De Pollo/ Chicken Croquettes – The ubiquitous Spanish potato and chicken croquette, served as a portion of 12, makes a good tapa/ starter. 5.00

Racion de Patatas Fritas/ A portion of chips – Superb chips, loved by kids and adults alike. Sometimes they are handcut potato chips, other times spanish chips. 2.75

Pulpitos/ Deep Fried Baby Octopus – Gorgeous. 6.50

Specialities of the house, order on request:

Mero con Lechona/ Grouper & Roast Suckling Pig – Sounds nice, never tried it and the price is a ‘market price’, meaning it depends on how much the fish and wee pigs are selling for at market. Market Price

Paletilla De Cordero con mile de romero/ Shoulder of lamb in a Honey & Rosemary Sauce – I don’t like lamb but my wife rated this dish. 12.00

Pato Asado/ Roast Duck – Never tried it from Casa Isabel 18.00

Lechona Asada/ Roast Suckling Pig - Sounds nice, never tried it from Casa Isabel and the price is a ‘market price’, meaning it depends on how much the wee pigs are selling for at market. Market Price

Pescados Al Horno/ Oven baked local fish - Sounds nice, never tried it from Casa Isabel and the price is a ‘market price’, meaning it depends on how much the fish are selling for at market. Market Price

Snacks

Pizzas

Margarita (Cheese, Tomato & Ham) 6.50

Caprichosa (Cheese, Mushrooms, Tomato & Ham) 6.75

Napolitana (Tomato, Anchovies, Cheese & Capers) 6.75

Casa Isabel - (Tomato, Cheese, Salmon, Bacon & Capers) 7.25

Salami - (Tomato, Olives, Salami, Cheese & Capers) 7.00

Quartro Estaciones/ Four Seasons – Ham, Mushrooms, Onions, Red Pepper, Tomato, Olives and Cheese 7.25

Atun – (Cheese, Tomato & Tuna) 7.00

Bocadillos/ Baguettes and Rolls

Jamon York (Pronounced Hamon York) – Boiled Ham 3.00

Jamon Serrano – Cured/ Parma Ham 3.30

Queso – Spanish Cheese 3.00

Atun - Tuna 3.00

Pepitos de Lomo – Hot pork loin medallions served with tomatos on a baguette, superb lunchtime food. My boys love them sin tomat (without tomato) 3.90

Hamburguesas – A Burger 2.85

Omelettes

Tortillas Al Gusto – A selection of omelettes 13.00

As previously mentioned, we as family find Casa Isabel as cheap and good as cooking ourselves, so if you fancy a lazy night on the balcony, I thoroughly recommend it. It’s on the left hand side as you drive along Roger De Flor just before you turn up to El Posito. The couple that run it don’t speak much English, so go on, try a bit of castellano spanish whilst your in there, if all else fails, point at the menu or at the large display fridge they have full of food and use you fingers to show how may of each you want. Portions are quite big and having tried many of the dishes I have to say it suits us when we want to laze around with a good book and a bottle of Macia Batle and the kids are tired or fancy a night in.

Last edited by Mark1875; 24-01-2009 at 13:00.
Old 24-01-2009, 16:20

What a brilliant job Mark. Thank you for taking the time to do this. I am really looking forward to trying Casa Isabel in July.

LK
Old 24-01-2009, 16:38

Thanks Mark, hopefully will try out next week, hope they're open.
Old 24-01-2009, 19:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleywanderer View Post
Thanks Mark, hopefully will try out next week, hope they're open.
Could you bring us back two portions of rabbit and onions please?
Old 24-01-2009, 21:01

Brilliant Mark . Thanks for that . I love the sound of the bacalao and the roast chicken. We will try this at Easter when we next visit , as I`m sure lots of other members will too. I love a few evenings in the apartment just watching TV with a bottle of wine , so this sounds perfect.
Thanks again TT
Old 26-01-2009, 12:56

YUM! Now all I have to do is work out where it actually is! Thats our March weekend sorted out then!
Old 26-01-2009, 15:26

Thanks for posting that menu - by the sound of it we will certainly try to use it one night, only thing is we are only there for a week this year (shame) and to forfeit my evening meal out may be hard - suppose we could always have a treat one lunchtime if they are open during the day - also do you know if they are open every evening?
Old 26-01-2009, 16:30

Just realised Casa Isabel under "I" not "C" for directions in A-Z of Restaurants!
Well, I have got the flu at the moment after returning from PP last week - thats my excuse!