Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 17:20

Default Dec '08/ Jan '09

Hi

I am back from PP a week now but have been suffering from the back to work blues so haven’t managed to post until now.

It was a great trip and, as usual quite different from other times of the year. At this time of the year I think you can actually see the working town of PP more so than in season.

The weather was great – blue skies and sunshine every day except one – more than we hoped for in December/ January.

We ate in Pollensa several times. Café I’illa in the Square twice for P’amb oli, burgers etc. Both times it was around €40 and was very nice and reliable as usual. It was lovely having lunch in the Square with the sun splitting the trees. We also tried Piccolo Forno for dinner one evening. BLE recommended this last year but we never managed to get until now. It is excellent. We had focaccia to start followed by pizzas. My veggie one was gorgeous and my son’s Margarita was very good as well. Husband was also impressed but as it had meat on it I didn’t try! We also ordered a Piccolo Forno Salad to go with the pizzas – what a star! It was brilliant – 3 cheeses: smoked, parmesan and the mildest, creamiest gorgonzola I have ever tasted. This was a real find and we will be back. It is very popular with local folks and English. The bill came to about €60 including several rounds of drinks.

In the Port itself we had a snack lunch in JKs one day was was great. It took a little while to prepare but they were very good with my son was was very hungry getting him little nibbles etc until his toastie came. We also tried the Yacht Club (cant remember the proper name) for lunch one day. Again, I would really recommend this place. The staff were very good and the atmosphere was very relaxed in a lovely setting. Prices are very good value for money. I had Greek Salad, husband had a burger and son had sausages & chips. All were very nice.

One night we ventured out to Tango. I never liked Tango when it was off the Square – don’t know why. Since it had decided to stay open all year we felt we should try it. It was excellent. We had lovely bread, olives and aioli to start. This was followed by stir fry veg with noodles for me, roast chicken, veg and baked potato for husband and pork fillet and chips for son. Very good quality and everyone was pleased.

We also visited Café 1919 several times for Clown ice creams and hot chocolates. I have concluded that Café 1919 do the best hot chocolate in the Port.

A great trip – roll on April!

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2009, 17:34

Lovely report, Sharon! Just what I needed on a freezing cold, foggy day!
Old 10-01-2009, 17:45

Hi Sharon

Oh I'm so envious - sounds fab and great weather too. I would love to visit at this time of year - hopefully one day. I too have never been a big fan of Tango in the square but judging by some of the posts on here I think I'll have to relent and give it a try this year, though July seems a long way off at the moment.

Thanks for posting your trip report.

Linda
Old 10-01-2009, 18:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharonh View Post
HiI am back from PP a week now but have been suffering from the back to work blues so haven’t managed to post until now.A great trip – roll on April!Sharon
Sharon, Great report but don't be too blue at the return to work cos the weather has been appalling for most of this week. People heading for the slopes to experience the snow with cold and wet most of the week. Fortunately back to lovely sunshine and the bay back to it's best this p.m.

So glad you liked Piccolo's, a real find for us last year and very italianny tasty food in my opinion.Like a glass of vino too much otherwise would be there most weeks ( drink/driving ) !!!! La Piazza can't compete in my book
(Opening up again tonight) Interesting to hear about the hot chocolate at Grand Cafe cos our friends never seem to get one that they like ( usually too much chocolate and little milk).

Cheer yourself up by thinking that April is usually lovely here and generally in the low 20's. You must have been lucky missing all the rain in Nov thru mid Dec.

Maybe see you in April

BonysLad
Old 10-01-2009, 21:59

Quote:
usually too much chocolate and little milk
BLE, they may not like Cafe 1919. The chocolate is thick, you could nearly eat it with a spoon. But for me what makes it good, apart from the taste, is that you only get a small cup. You almost want more, but not quite! Yum scrum!

Your friends may prefer C'an Ignatius (think that is the name). It is the bakery/ chocolate shop on C/Mestral just off the Square. His chocolate is thinner but still tastes very good.