Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 15:47

Unhappy smoking

I know, I moan a lot, but one of the downsides of PP in the winter is when you have to go inside and be stuck in a cloud of smoke.After coming from Scotland where this is outlawed, it is hard to wake up to a smelly, smokey wife again.When I opened my wardrobe the smell of smoke from the night before would knock you out.If Glasgow, Dublin and New York can manage it could they not do something about it here.We actually avoid certain pubs and restaurants because of this, in fact some of the bar people are the worst offenders, serving you with a fag hanging out of their mouth.Luckily today the sun has shone and we were able to sit outside and breathe in the fresh air, Tonights another matter, masks at the ready. Gpm
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2009, 12:05

Default Smoking in PP

This subject always brings out lively debate, as a non-smoker myself i agree with your every word! If memory serves me correctly then Majorca actually instigated a ban before the UK, but as usual it was half hearted and now seems to have evaporated all together. How can you have half a restaurant non-smoking? Does the smoke just hang over the smoking section and not bother the non-smokers? The only way it would work is total ban or not. As you say if they can force the hard men of Glasgow to smoke outside then pp should be a dawdle.

I 'm toying with the idea of popping over to PP at the end of the month but after reading your post i really don't think i'll bother.
Old 06-01-2009, 18:06

Red face

It wont stop us from going over as most people in restaurants do now behave with some consideration and it is certainly better than it was, but the smaller restaurants do hold the smoke too much for non smokers liking. Its a bit like when the airlines used to allow smoking at the back of planes!
Old 07-01-2009, 20:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
As you say if they can force the hard men of Glasgow to smoke outside then pp should be a dawdle.

I 'm toying with the idea of popping over to PP at the end of the month but after reading your post i really don't think i'll bother.
Smiddy, "Hard men of Glasgow" ? You having a larf ??? Get yerself down the " Smoke" ( sic) and I'll show you some hardmen !!!!

Seriously , As a total libertarian and a smoker ( small cheroots) I accept responsibility that when the excercising of my liberties impingies on the liberties of others you cross that line of acceptability. It really ain't any hardship to step outside and have a puff. It's also a great way to meet other people huddled together . I've met some great people all over the world this way ( and lots of whacko's). Don't let it put you off , get yourself out here.

Regards to Mrs Smiddy.

BonysLad
Old 08-01-2009, 12:20

You see! Thats what I like to hear, a responsible smoker!
The only other gripe i have now is that obviously, and fairly, the gardens of all restaurants are available for smokers and by default they are now more full of smokers than they used to be so it is now more healthy to stay inside than go out into the fresh air!! Not a moan - just an observation on that!
Old 09-01-2009, 12:40

Default Smoking in restaurants.

Belladona, I agree with your observation, non-smokers can't have it both ways, but some smokers do seem to take umbrage too easily, we are not "health freaks" they've got to understand how abhorent non-smokers find it when your trying to enjoy a meal and it is ruined by someone constantly puffing away in the next table,(is it me or do people smoke even more on holiday?) All we ask that they step outside and enjoy their ciggy. Not difficult in a warm climate.

Bonnyslad, Hard men? I've just been watching the news, couple o' nights of minus temperatures and all you soft southerners are all running for cover. Up here we've still to get our jackets out of the closet.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:29
Super Moderator

Quote:
Belladona, I agree with your observation, non-smokers can't have it both ways, but some smokers do seem to take umbrage too easily,
I am one of the "unclean", but would not dream of lighting up where people are eating, but i do find a lot of non-smokers ALSO take umbrage too easily and some are downright abusive even when i am outside.
A bit of tolerence on both sides is what is needed.
Old 10-01-2009, 15:09
Founder

Hi all,

please can you try & keep this thread on track & discuss smoking in Pollensa.

Thanks.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:15
Super Moderator

Hi Pollensa, i was talking about smoking in PP.
Old 16-01-2009, 11:45

Default Smoking

Sparky, I agree with you, as i said we non-smokers can't have it both ways, if only everyone was as considerate as yourself and BL.
Old 16-01-2009, 15:11

Quote:
Sparky, I agree with you, as i said we non-smokers can't have it both ways, if only everyone was as considerate as yourself and BL.
Smiddy,

There's a great big bonfire built right outside your flat for San Antoni tonight !!!! Cigarette smoke will pale into insignificance later !!!!

BonysLad
Old 17-01-2009, 11:13
Super Moderator

LOL at Bonyslad, hubby and i had a wander around the fires last night and some of them were pouring cooking oil on the wood to get it burning. I have never coughed so much in my life, give me a ciggy any day
Old 17-01-2009, 14:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLadenEspana View Post
Smiddy,

There's a great big bonfire built right outside your flat for San Antoni tonight !!!! Cigarette smoke will pale into insignificance later !!!!

BonysLad
No wonder the building needs painted, i'll send you the bill
Old 18-01-2009, 15:31

Quote:
No wonder the building needs painted, i'll send you the bill
Eeeerrrrr Smiddy,

Don't quite know how to break the news to you, but do you know any good builders ????

BonysLad
Old 18-01-2009, 15:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
LOL at Bonyslad, hubby and i had a wander around the fires last night and some of them were pouring cooking oil on the wood to get it burning. I have never coughed so much in my life, give me a ciggy any day
Sparky,

Absolutely, did you see them emptying that drum of used oil outside of Smiddy's ??

Great fun wasn't it, were you in the square ?, did you make the meet up at O'Lume's?

Awesome fiesta, isn't it ? Will post when I have retrieved my brains again from Friday night !!!!

BonysLad