Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 19:40

Default Adios Fortelesa ????

BLT and I out this p.m. for our constitutional along the Pine Walk noticed Lease Transfer signs posted in La Fortelesa windows ?? Haven't seen Martin or Pauline for several weeks now so does anyone have any info ?

Don't say another PP landmark is biting the dust !!

BonysLad
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2009, 02:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLadenEspana View Post
BLT and I out this p.m. for our constitutional along the Pine Walk noticed Lease Transfer signs posted in La Fortelesa windows ?? Haven't seen Martin or Pauline for several weeks now so does anyone have any info ?

Don't say another PP landmark is biting the dust !!

BonysLad
I am ashamed to say that whilst we oft popped in to La Fortaleza, (the rabbit platters were superb and they were one of a few places who did a reasonable Lomo Con Col).........in 2008 we did not go once. Again, the lack of a good kids menu and a slightly formal service always went against it. Sorry to hear its gone though. Probably replaced by a Bloomin' Tex Mex.
Old 03-01-2009, 14:43

i do hope they are just moving to different premises. i for one, found this a fantastic restaurant and could have honestly ate there for my entire fortnight last year (but wife didn't want to be seen eating the same meal all the time!!). i thought the menu was varied and as for kids menu (9 and 5 year old girls) they offered the complete menu but in kids portions. must agree, the rabit and lomo con col was very good and 9 year old would concur, the varied starters and tapas portions were also superb. as the kids said "yummie yum yum , in my tummie tum tum" they even had me saying it whilst it will be a struggle to get to pp this year (euro completely killing the idea), this little gem of a restaurant would have been one of the reasons for tempting me.
i hope its just a relocation.

regards

gary
Old 04-01-2009, 13:55

[QUOTE=gary;27040]i do hope they are just moving to different premises. i for one, found this a fantastic restaurant and could have honestly ate there for my entire fortnight last year
i hope its just a relocation.

Gary,

Be very surprised cos I suspect they are hanging up the aprons to retire. Chef may stay though but I suspect we will see many changes here with restaurants next year. Have been berating Jose since I've been here to tell him there is no way the Brits are going to pay 5.50 Euros per drink this summer. He's flown off to Columbia to be godfather now to Natalia's ( who works in Bonys) child.

Take care

BonysLad
Old 05-01-2009, 10:46

aaahh bl, its a crying shame, but i suppose we all have to retire at some time. i have to say though that for the first time reading posts over the last three years i feel a bit depressed im sure all the regular visitors to the restaurant will be feeling the same. may the owners have a happy, peaceful and prosperous retirement.

regards

gary