Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 17:25

Default Should auld acquaintance be forgot ?

There's a great scene in the cult movie classic " Withnail and I " when the two inebriated anti heroes stagger into a Yorkshire Tea Shoppe one afternoon. " Bring me the finest wines known to mankind !!!" Richard E Grant confronts the bemused owner.

Don't know whether the wines served at last nights Xmas Eve Dinner at Los Zarzales were quite in that category but they were pretty darned close.

Bonyladette had banned me from partying and all acts of gross silliness and insisted that New Year's Eve was a " time for quiet reflection" so thats how we ended up having a sedate dinner instead. It had to be Los Zarzales because, in our opinion, this was PPs Restaurant of the Year in 2008. We were not disappointed because the meal was superb. Can do no more than list the menu ( priced at 65 Euros per head including all wines, liquers etc)

A selection of delicious appertizers
Ragout of lobster with clams
Sangria of Iced cava with strawberries
Galician beef filet ,ravioli of mango stuffed with foie and reduction of Oloro Sherry Solera 1947
Chocolate Coulant with vanilla ice cream and sweet citrus
Assortment of Christmas Sweets

All washed down with a Vinas del Vero Chardonnay and a wonderful Rioja Reserva. Plenty of good Cava slopping around all night as well.

So you can imagine that by the time the clock struck midnight and we gobbled our twelve grapes we were feeling pretty well satisfied. Having greeted our fellow diners all round we staggered on out.

Determined to hit the night scene I headed for the Bar Cultural only to find that Mercedes and Manola had locked up and gone for the night. Mercedes did warn me earlier yesterday " No partying round here , BonysLad, I'll be tucked up in bed by 10 p.m. !!!! "

Time for quiet reflection, my a*rse !!!!

BonysLad

and a Happy New Year to all you readers !!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2009, 19:44

Brilliant!! Loved the intro!
Old 02-01-2009, 01:23

As always Bonyslad, a very entertaining read.

PeRu
Old 02-01-2009, 17:36

It takes all kinds and your one of them Great read as norm.

Look forward to that drink and chat sometime.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ~~ Come on you Horns
Old 04-01-2009, 00:30

Bonyslad said "There's a great scene in the cult movie classic " Withnail and I " when the two inebriated anti heroes stagger into a Yorkshire Tea Shoppe one afternoon. " Bring me the finest wines known to mankind !!!" Richard E Grant confronts the bemused owner."

Grant goes on to say "I want them here and I want them now" - as I recall
Nice to see one of my favourite films get some airtime on a Pto Pollensa website!

Another lovely review Bonyslad, I love Los Zarzales, There were reports of a "salt issue" reported on here earlier in the year, now happily resolved I think.
Old 05-01-2009, 15:45

[QUOTE=Alcanada;27047]Bonyslad said "There's a great scene in the cult movie classic " Withnail and I " when the two inebriated anti heroes stagger into a Yorkshire Tea Shoppe one afternoon. " Bring me the finest wines known to mankind !!!" Richard E Grant confronts the bemused owner."

Grant goes on to say "I want them here and I want them now" - as I recall
Nice to see one of my favourite films get some airtime on a Pto Pollensa website!

Great film Al Canada, Like a classic Ealing comedy resurrected in the 80's. George ( Baby Beatle ) funded it if I recall.

It's hell here today, wall to wall winter sunshine and the bay looks absolutely wonderful. Going for a rest shortly as the festivities kick off again tonight with the Three Kings procession terminating at 6.30 in the square.

Mind how you get home tonight , after a hard day back at work , watch that ice and frost now !!!!

Winding you all up

BonysLad