Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-12-2008, 15:13

Default Ding, Dong, Merrily at Stay

Twas Christmas Day in the workhouse. Well actually not quite cos we were in our apartment in PP. My " bah humbug" philosophy had prevailed this year so it's Christmas Day morning in the apartment and the Xmas decorations are confined to a fridge magnet Santa and another Santa on a rope ladder attempting to climb onto the balcony. Christmas cards all at home in the UK adorning the walls and shelves.

" I bet it's more Christmassy in downtown Baghdad " comments Bonyladette. I remind her of the minimalist mantra that less is more, but she doesn't smile.High grey clouds adorn the sky so it doesn't bode well for the day ahead.

As the church bells call everyone to Christmas Mass, Puerto Pollensa delivers as we know it always does. The sun comes bursting through the sky and the day explodes in glorious light. Off we go for a stroll along the Pine Walk that is bathed in sunshine. Pass just two or three people at most. Sea becalmed like the pound in the Euro market. Wonderful, just wonderful. Stop for coffee at Pacalinos as only place open ( Do they ever close ?, how about Chinese New Year ?? )and then home again.

Mr & Mrs Cratchett, our friends, arrive for drinks middayish. We consume a couple of bottles of the best Cava ( OK guys, it is credit crunch time !!! ) and then set off for lunch at Stay. Stroll past the " Bon Nadal" sign strung up over the marina and onto Stay for the menu del dia . This runs over Xmas and includes stuffed turkey breast or wild boar ( plus the usual veggie options ). Place three quarters packed but we have a nice table by the window. A couple of tables with stalwart Brits outside right by the waterfront , all wearing Christmas party hats. Come to dessert time am thinking would I swap this view for a large bowl of Xmas pudding and brandy sauce ? Take the standard dessert ( but still nice) . Half an hour later we move outside for coffee and brandy and I realise it's no contest. The lovely winter sun sets over the mountains and it's just heavenly. That's why we write and read about this lovely place.

Kissy, kissy friends goodbye . We stroll home in the fading light to watch " Strictly Come Dancing with the Royle Family on Ice " ( what wer'e you guys doing , eh ?? ). Seems like the end to what was a really nice day.

Off to bed but alas, three o'clock this morning the winds got up and I'm summoned by BLT to secure the "Santa on a rope ladder" as it's making a hell of a din. Look down and there's a pile of fresh reindeer poo on the front step.

Bah Humbug, folks

BonysLad
Sponsored Links
Old 26-12-2008, 16:53

Well BL what a read!! Thoroughly enjoyed that......your Christmas Day at Stay sounded perfect even although you never had your Christmas Pud and Brandy Sauce!! (which I must say I did and as always it was delicious) As you say the view and the winter sunshine would have more than made up for it!! Enjoy the rest of your stay and Seasons Greeting to you and Mrs BL

PS Hope the reindeer didn't make too much of a mess!!
Old 26-12-2008, 18:18

Great review, Bonyslad! Glad to see you're back in the saddle!
Old 26-12-2008, 18:24

That post has made me smile for the first time in ages Bonyslad! It sounds lovely over there, anywhere is better than starting my third week on the sofa with flu tho... I had a quick look on the webcam earlier and it looked like it was raining in Pollensa but PP looked calm. Happy New Year!
Old 26-12-2008, 20:53

Thanks for your replies guys, and all the best for Xmas and the New Year.

Just enjoy posting these little ditties whilst listening to the footy from the UK.

( Snowy, we are in the deep do do having lost today at home. Elton not a happy bunny this evening !!! ).

Would have committed murder tonight for a plate of cold turkey, mashed potatoe , pickled onion , best english ( Jimbo note English not scottish !!! ) cheddar and Branston pickle !!!!!!

Moral of story: Enjoy every minute of what you have.

Happy Christmas everyone ( well all three hours left anyway !!!! )

BonysLad
Old 29-12-2008, 21:59

Managed a point at QPR still not out the mire yet.

Great report.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Old 30-12-2008, 12:06

Loved the read - almost there with you in spirit! Would have managed the non trad Christmas Day meal - but miss out on the cold ham and mash on Boxing Day?? Difficult one that! Happy New Year!