Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 12:53

Default November 08

We were lucky enough to spend 3 weeks in PP in November, the weather was mixed, hot and sunny some days and cloudy others, we had 2 days of rain but was still warm, well to us anyway, the spanish were all wrapped up for winter. When it was sunny I wore shorts and tee shirts but I got some very funny looks from the locals (mad English woman!) Our roof terrace gets the sun all day and is sheltered from the wind so we actually came home with a nice tan.

We only ate out 4 times and these were all excellent meals, twice at Trio where we always find the atmosphere warm and welcoming and twice at Brisa Marina where the 2 waiters are so obliging, nothing is too much trouble.

We look on PP as our second home - A typical day - Breakfast of cereal & juice taken on the roof while we discuss what are plans are going to be for the day. Go to the supermarket, followed by a walk, either along the front or around the town, after 4 years of visiting PP we are still finding new places that we had not discovered before.

This visit we decided to build an 'arbour' (not sure if that's spelt right) on the terrace, so most of our afternoons were taken up with this project. As we do not drive there were frequent bus journeys to 'Plomer' (the newish DIY store), which is between PP and Pollensa to purchase wood, screws etc. They charge 10€ for delivery to the port, this was a godsend as we would have struggled to put all the wood (8ft long) on the bus! We managed to finish it before we went home and, if I say it myself, it looks great, it just needs plenty of vines and colourful plants growing up it now, that will have to wait though until we are able to spend more time there, only the cactus will survive without water in the summer. The arbour also will give some means of shade in the summer and privacy from the apartments to the rear of ours (hopefully photos to follow).

All in all we had great time, restful but also productive (didn't want the other half to get bored!) Can't wait for hubby's retirement, when we will be there for longer periods, perhaps even permanently;
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2008, 13:44

Hi Whaley

Sounds like you had a lovely relaxing time and the weather was good - tans in November! Trip Reports are few and far between at this time of year so thanks for posting yours, I enjoyed reading it.

Lk
Old 09-12-2008, 20:48

Whaley

What a lovely posting - I cant wait until I return in a few weeks time. Thanks for taking the time to post, as LK says, reports are few and far between at this time of year!

Sharon