Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2008, 16:56

Default I have to eat my words at Tangos!

Ok, I admit I have changed my mind about Tangos! We were tempted by the cost of the MDD E16 (sorry, cant find my euro key!) and decided to have an evening meal there.
We arrived just before 8pm and managed to get a table by the window. We usually sat by the window when it was Ca Vostra and cant get out of the habit, but it was difficult to see out once it got dark as the glare of the restaurant lights made the windows act as a mirror!
Anyway, it came with;
Plenty of bread and olives
1 gazpaco soup - delicious with lots of extras, onions, peppers etc put in
1 french onion soup - too much for hubby to finish, large crouton (sllice of bread) and plenty of onion in it.
1 beef steak in pepper sauce with veg - good, but maybe steak just a little on the thin side.
1 pork fillet with veg - again maybe just a little thin.
1 pudding of the day - two chunks served very prettily with caramel sauce.
1 cheese cake - could have had lemon, strawberry or cheese.
1 whole bottle of Faustino VII - I was VERY impressed by a whole bottle being left on the table, I fully expected it to be taken away after one glass each!

The only extras we ordered were 2 coffees and a bottle of water.
The total bill came to E40 for 2 of us.
The background music was soft jazz or singing.
The service was fautless and the waiters were attentive but not obvious, which was lovely as before it was one of my annoyances that they were just too noisy.

I have no doubt that we will go there again and perhaps try sitting downstairs to see how the ambience is there.
I will always remember the original restaurant fondly, but I think the new Tango's will do well. It maybe because it is out of season, and may well be noisier in the summer, but we all choose which restaurants to go when dont we?!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2008, 21:10

Bella

Do you know if Tango is open all year? Your review has tempted me to try it again. I tried it in it's old location in summer '07 and wasn't that impressed but you seemed to have had a good meal for the price.

Regards

Sharon
Old 08-11-2008, 22:17

Default Tango

I believe that it will be open all year at its new Ca Vostra location as it used to be in the Square.

My familly and I are already booked up for Christmas Day Lunch!
Old 09-11-2008, 08:56

James

Thanks for the info. We are next out on 27th Dec so hopefully we will eat at Tango sometime then.

Sharon
Old 09-11-2008, 12:06

Default Tango

Hey Bella - so glad you went

We also recommended it to Chels and Debz when we saw them a few weeks ago - Debz did you give it a try ?

We have now been in summer and winter and although it was busier in the summer, it did not have the slightly manic atmosphere that the old place in the square used to sometimes have.

When we went a few weeks ago , most of us had the MDD but my friends teanage son had a Porterhouse Steak which he declared to be the best steak he had ever eaten and this is a boy who has just spent a year studying in America and was fortunate enough to have a very wealthy host family who dined out a lot and so he had the opportunity to partake in many steaks.

It's not a Stay or a C'an Costa but for quality and value for money I don't think it can be faulted ........ lets face it we could all think of a few "chain" establishments in the port which would charge you far more for much less.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:15

Recommended it to debs and they were due to try it out before they left. She also wasnt a great fan of Tangos, but tempted by me giving in and giving it a second chance. Looking forward to seeing if they agree.
Old 10-11-2008, 17:21

We also went to Tango twice in fact once evening once for lunch both times had MDD both very good value and good food very nice steak in the evening.
Old 10-11-2008, 17:33

Went to the new Tango for the first time at the end of October. I like the layout of the place. The head waiter is still whistling at everyone and food was much the same as it was in the old days. They always used to do a good filet steak and we were delighted to see that hadn't changed. The only negative is that we used to be able to walk there and its way too far now!
Old 10-11-2008, 18:14

Yes cd we did give the new Tango a try after yours and Bellas recommendations! I much prefer the setting and ambience of the new restaurant and the MDD is certainly amazing value at 16. Chels chose better than me with a succulent corn on the cob for starters and half a roast chicken for mains. I had the french onion soup which was so hot..bubbling when it arrived.. I think most of the flavour had been boiled away. It took ages before I could attempt to drink it, and I had a very burnt tongue by the time I finished I then had the steak which unfortunately was really tough and grisly, and in retrospect it was a silly choice, as for the price it wasn't going to be the best cut of meat. I wished I 'd had the salmon!

Although in my case my choices made it not a very enjoyable meal, chels said his was really good, and we will certainly go back again.
Old 11-11-2008, 17:17

Just goes to show that some choices have to be considered according to the restaurant! Hope tongue better now debz, hubbys was lovely, just too much of it! I agree with the steak not being the best choice though, they are thin cuts of meat rather than chunks. For the 16E though, Ill go back and try the other choices!
Old 11-11-2008, 18:54

If you have steak at Tangos it's best to have the filet and avoid any of the other cuts. It's about 16 Euros if I remember right.
Old 11-11-2008, 22:13

Im sure the meat cuts on the a la carte menu would be better, but there was only 4 choices on the MDD if my memory serves me rightly; fillet of pork, peppered beef steak, 1/2 chicken, and salmon. As Debs said, I think the better choices would the main courst of MDD are the salmon and chicken, although hubbys pork was nothing to complain about either!
Old 11-11-2008, 22:48

So glad you guys have tried it, and have enjoyed. Really enjoying this thread .
The paella is great too, don't just stick to the set menu. We had a couple of lovely meals there a couple of weeks ago.
Cheers

Pops
Old 12-11-2008, 09:52

Quote:
Hope tongue better now debz, hubbys was lovely, just too much of it!
Bella what are you try to say ??
Old 12-11-2008, 16:23

Exclamation

OMG! Trust you Snows! Obviously I meant the Onion Soup!!