Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 15:01

Default October 2008

Late October Eating.

Wouldn’t normally be having a holiday in PP as late as the last week in October, however gave us a chance to experience the place when it was really winding down.

First night, as resident there, the Hotel Miramar, which did a three course dinner for E19, plus your drinks.
Macaroni in a cream sauce with chopped bacon, very tasty and Minestrone soup for Sherryfan.
Roast beef, plenty of it with small roast potatoes and mixed vegetables for us both. Very English it was in style but with fanned sliced apple atop! Unusual but good!
Pudding for me, a bit nondescript and chocolate mousse followed.
A bottle of Protas Tempranillo, 15 E went well with the roast beef.
Pleasant enough meal, taken inside as it was not a night for outside dining, but the place was quiet and lacking in atmosphere , end of season no doubt..

Non residents can dine in but better to book.

Second night we went to Kashmir in the square, again it was an evening for inside.
We always find Kashmir clean and well presented, were well served by the owner and his Indian waiter.
Always enjoy the three bahji starters and then I had lamb curry and Sherry had the chicken curry, a bottle of Anares Rioja to wash it all down.

Bill about 44E and we saw the owner smile, unusual occurrence, not to us mind you!

Walking down toward Bony’s afterwards, Jose came past us at a rate of knots and I called “Ola” to him.
He turned and lunged at us, shaking our hands then onward in to Bonys, dressed unusually in white shorts!

Third night, a more pleasant night, lots eating outside, we headed for Los Faroles, which we’d been in in May.
When you look in here at the front the large dining area at the back can’t really be seen , pleasantly decorated in soft greens, tables well spaced and with white table covers.

Juan the owner, took our order, I had a very thick potage, excellent with the bread alioli and olives and tomato soup for Sherry.

Followed by minted lamb for us both, ie roast lamb with plenty mint sauce , very “English” style again ,roast potatoes and vegetables, and a bottle of his house red to go with. Absolutely fine!

Noticed at another table a boy of 10 or 11 having the shoulder of lamb, which on arrival at the table brought gasps from his family! But he was a big boy and did it justice!

Forty Euros roughly the bill.

Fourth night we decided to try Centric, totally new to us. Good numbers eating outside . We went in and took the MDD at 15E, including the wine.

Bread and olives came , tomato soup for both of us. The alternate was gazpacho or spag bol.

The main was either lamb stew or fish, asked the boss what fish, he thought it might have been swordfish, wasn’t sure and went to find out , coming back and said Lampluga a local fish.

We both went with the lamb, as did most diners on the MDD. All the vegetables were in the stew, which was homely type cooking, and with roast potatoes, or was it chips?

Both of us had the crème caramel which was fine, have had much nicer versions. Red wine of course to quaff? What was it? Don’t remember!

Fifth night, we were back there again as early evening there had been thunder, lightning, torrential rain, the works, so we didn’t want to go far, and wanted only one course having been for lunch that day at Bodega des Port in Puerto Alcudia ,but that’s another story!

We had Pizzas each and a bottle of red. The pizzas were huge and we really struggled but we did finish the wine!

Bill, cant recall, wasn’t much.

Sixth night,was raining again and didn’t want to venture far.
Looked in La Fortaleza, behind hotel, was closed.

And so a couple of steps along in the heavy rain, in to Brisas, again a first for us. Two parties of four in , and us. The two previous nights their terrace out front had been choc a bloc, with diners.

To food then.

Bread olives and alioli to start, both of us on French onion soup, lovely and thick with properly browned onions.

I followed with langoustines in a light curry sauce with rice, excellent, tasty, no worries, while ma’am had lamb moussaka, which I also had chosen but there was only one portion left.

A vanilla mousse with chocolate topping to finish and a bottle of red to go with.

A place we’d never been in before and on a piddling wet night as a port in a storm was fine.

As the other diners left we noticed our waiter unsetting the tables. Paid the bill and shot along in to our hotel for brandies. Next morning, lovely bright day the two waiters in Brisas were stripping all the electrics and so on outside and all the tables and chairs were inside., stored for the winter

We’d been the last diners of the season.

The bill, about 55E.

Last night numero seven.
Again the choice was La Fortaleza and again it was closed.

Los Faroles here we come!
Tomato soup for me and vegetable soup for Sherryfan, bread olives and alioli of course.
My soup was very flavoursome, the vegetable was a bit too bland.

Lomo con col for Sherry. The loin of pork in cabbage with raisins and pine nuts was pronounced excellente cocina. I had John Dory with the spinach, tomato sauce pine nuts and raisins and boiled potatoes. I had the same dish in May in here and felt it was better on that visit, nevertheless enjoying this visit.

Complimentary brandies and a bill of 42E.

Plenty of restaurants to eat in, choice not a problem, weather more than anything in the evenings influenced us.

In to November now, many of the “tourist” places will have closed down.

That’s it for 2008, I’m afraid!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2008, 15:13
Super Moderator

Great review Porto, pity about the weather but sounds like you had a good time.
Old 09-11-2008, 15:26

Thanks for the review, Porto...made for very interesting reading.
Old 09-11-2008, 16:32

Thanks for the review Porto - an enjoyable read.
Old 09-11-2008, 17:20

A great read as usual, Porto. The weather sounded a bit of a mixed bag, but i'm glad you had a good time.
It was typical of Jose to be running around
Old 09-11-2008, 18:57

Really enjoyed reading your trip report Portofan. Thanks for posting.
Old 09-11-2008, 20:10

Normal great read.
Old 18-11-2008, 17:55

God I 'm hungry after that and I don't even like lamb!
Old 18-11-2008, 23:25

A great review Porto. We don't have anything booked until June, so very envious.
Old 19-11-2008, 16:47

Yes Mark!

I know you like your Majorcan food!

Porto