Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-10-2008, 17:02

Default La Font del Gall

Last night [29th Oct] husband & I decided to go to La Font del Gall. We haven’t eaten here in the evening since March 2007 and it is one of our favourite restaurants. The awful windy weather from yesterday afternoon turned into awful, very wet and windy weather in the evening and we set off for Pollensa in what could easily have been the UK on an October night!

We arrived and the restaurant was quite busy. We ordered a bottle of Macia Batle Crianza 2005, some water and a beer and looked at the menu while we ate the homemade bread. We were served complimentary appetisers of duck and potato cake – husband had both and said they were very good. We decided on starters of Pate with Biscuits and a Goats Cheese and Sundried Tomato Tart. Both starters were excellent the pate was huge and my tart came with balsamic syrup – my mouth is watering just thinking about this as I write! If found myself saying ‘yum scrum’ – a saying my 4 year old has started to use when food is particularly good! For mains we ordered Belly of Pork with Colcannon and a Roast Veg, Menorcan Cheese and Basil Strudel on a Spinach Cream. Husband was really pleased with the pork and it looked very impressive – again a very large portion. My strudel was beautiful, the various ingredients blended really well – impressed. For pudding we shared warm chocolate pudding. It was good but, in my view, not as good as the starters and mains. This may be because I was comparing it to a really excellent warm chocolate pudding that I ate in Ginger Restaurant in Belfast recently which was like eating velvet. The Chocolate pudding from La Font del Gall had a lot to live up to and it didn’t quite make it.

The bill was €85 and all in all a very enjoyable evening – until we left. The heavens really had opened by then and I made my way down from La Font del Gall to the Square through what seemed like a river holding my trouser legs up!

Today the weather is much better but still a little windy.

Regards

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Old 30-10-2008, 18:17
Super Moderator

Fantastic review Sharonh, made my mouth water reading it. Shame about the weather but i would rather be there than here in Plymouth, there is a freezing wind blowing which gets right into your bones
Old 30-10-2008, 18:32

Glad to know that it is open for next week. Although also hoping Nacientes is open with its log fire! Case was under weight until the change of weather kept cropping up, so now its .... HEAVY!