Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   REVIEW: Bar Alhambra - Lunch time titbits - Oct 2008 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/4027-bar-alhambra-lunch-time-titbits-oct-2008-a.html)

easylife1 24-10-2008 16:03

Bar Alhambra - Lunch time titbits - Oct 2008

Returned from PP yesterday. Me and my OH only eat a little at lunchtimes and usually share a couple of tapas or our favourite - Pa Amb Oli and Jamon Serrano. This year the best we tasted was at the Bar Alhambra in Pollensa - the mallorcan bread had just the right balance of garlic (not a lot), tomato and olive oil. We asked for the bread and jamon on separate plates, enough for us to share and we were charged 5 Euros. We had a bottle of the house wine at 6 Euros and that was very nice too. A delicious and inexpensive lunch we thought.

You may well walk past the Bar Alhambra, we had in the past - it doesn't look much and in all honesty the menus on the outside tables don't exactly entice you - they are those horrible things with faded pictures of plates of food.

Anyway it will be our first choice for a lunchtime snack whenever we are in Pollensa from now on. The bar is in the tiny Cockerell Fountain square.

JH02JLH 24-10-2008 16:31

We had a drink at the Bar Alhambra back in August - we'd never been there before but it was lovely to sit and watch people walking past. We'll definitely be back! It's great to see the place get a mention!

sws97sdg 27-03-2009 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by easylife1 (Post 26075)
Returned from PP yesterday. Me and my OH only eat a little at lunchtimes and usually share a couple of tapas or our favourite - Pa Amb Oli and Jamon Serrano. This year the best we tasted was at the Bar Alhambra in Pollensa - the mallorcan bread had just the right balance of garlic (not a lot), tomato and olive oil. We asked for the bread and jamon on separate plates, enough for us to share and we were charged 5 Euros. We had a bottle of the house wine at 6 Euros and that was very nice too. A delicious and inexpensive lunch we thought.

You may well walk past the Bar Alhambra, we had in the past - it doesn't look much and in all honesty the menus on the outside tables don't exactly entice you - they are those horrible things with faded pictures of plates of food.

Anyway it will be our first choice for a lunchtime snack whenever we are in Pollensa from now on. The bar is in the tiny Cockerell Fountain square.

The Bar Alhambra is one, see report above, also lots of small bars down side roads that are mainly locals only, you could try them

ray 27-03-2009 20:49

This is where the locals go for their tapas on a Sunday great food and good prices