Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Hells Kitchen - Balaixa Chef (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/4019-hells-kitchen-balaixa-chef.html)

chicoancho 21-10-2008 16:58

Hells Kitchen - Balaixa Chef

Has anybody tried the new restaurant called Hells Kitchen ?

It is next door to Tots on the same pedestrianised street as Mollies Cafe.

The chef is Ian who was at Balaixa. As well as the usual standards he does Indonesian specialities and several really good curries.

It will be open all winter apparently and is well worth a visit !

ohjay 22-10-2008 15:51

Yes tried it before change of chef to ian david, who is my son, didnt like to post thou in case it may have been advertising.

gina39uk 30-10-2008 23:46

Hell's Kitchen

Returned home last Monday after a week in Puerto. Visited Hell's Kitchen to look up my old friend Dave and checkout his new venture. I was pleased to see he had joined forces with Chef Ian and we decided to stay for dinner.
It was the best decision of the week. The food, service and ambiance were first class. So good in fact we ate there 3 times during our stay and the food was superb!

They will be staying open throughout the winter with various special evenings planned so if any of you are planning a visit to Puerto in the winter Hell's Kitchen is certainly worth a visit!

its cd 31-10-2008 00:40

Hells kitchen

I'm kicking myself now

We walked past this restaurant and it didn't appeal

Wish we woudl have tried it now

Trying to remember why it didn;t appeal and I think it just looked a little bit too "Magaluf / Brits on holiday" , which clearly it isn't from the reviews

Will give it a try next time we are over

rolloboy 31-10-2008 14:08

We did the same ,walked past it few times but the wife did'nt fancy it (probably the name), will definately try it next time.

Lillianna 31-10-2008 22:01

This place has been recommended to me loads over the last month. Think we'll have to give it a try as well!

chicoancho 08-11-2008 17:18

They are now doing a set four course menu for 17.50 euros including wine on a Friday night with a live singer as well. Excellent food and value.

Golfaholics 08-11-2008 20:59

Hells Kitchen

Just back from PP and went there last Thursday. Only went in because Ca'n Ferra was closed but delighted we did. There were four of us and we all gave starters a miss as had eaten at lunch. However the mains we had were:

Calves liver with mash, bacon and onion gravy.
Steak kidney and guiness pie with chips and excellent veg.
Mixed grill with all the trimmings.
Chicken Tikka Marsala with basmati rice etc.

We had a couple of very acceptable wines and the whole bill was 65 euro's including a tip.

Yes it is a bit English but they also do a couple of madras curries and a couple of indonesian dishes. The best bit is the quality of the food which was excellent and the service by a very spanish looking waitress who happens to be very English but with a Spanish mother! The ambience was also fine.

During the summer we would probably go there a couple of times over 14 days due to choice and we do enjoy local food but in the winter when a lot of restuarants are closed it will definitely be on our regular list. Roll on January.

Gommar Goffer 09-11-2008 12:24

Golfaholics - I am suprised to hear c'an ferrar was closed - do you know if that was a one off or have they closed for the winter (which would be unusual). My wife was planning to go there next week.

Portofan 09-11-2008 15:10

Walked past this place on our recent visit, following on from the post here.

Don't like the name, not very appealing.

Looked at the menu, for consideration for evening eating and while all the items were appealing to us, we felt it was all too "English" as we like to try Spanish or Majorcan food while in PP.

Other reports compliment the food and I am sure it is very good.

Every success on the venture but I wonder now that the main season is over will locals eat there?

Who will be the customers?

Based on the favourable reports, I would give it a try on another visit to PP.

Golfaholics 10-11-2008 10:48

Hells Kitchen

Hi Gommar Goffer. Your wife should be fine next week. As far as I know they close every Tuesday ( not Thursday as mentioned in previous post - a bit too much vino! ). and are open at least until the end of this month. However they are planning to close for a couple of months this winter as they did last year - probably mid December to mid February. We are out for 3 weeks in January so will miss Ca'n Ferra but will definately give Hells Kitchen a visit or two but agree its not a very appealing name

Mark1875 16-11-2008 20:10

Having lived in Indonesia a long time, did anyone notice what the Indonesian dishes were?

gina39uk 17-11-2008 11:17

Re Menu

As I am in the process of building a website for Hell's Kitchen I happen to have a few of their specialities to hand as follows:-

Nasi Goreng...Fried rice with spicy meats, vegetables, chicken satay,

pineapple, banana fritter topped with a fried egg.
9.50€

Bami Goreng...Fried noodles with spicy meats, vegetables,

chicken satay, pineapple, banana fritter topped with a fried egg.
9.50€

Chicken madras...medium hot with basmatic rice & pappadums.
9.50€

Prawn madras...medium hot with basmatic rice & pappadums.
10.00€

Tandori chicken tikka masala with basmatic rice & pappadums.
9.50€

Vegetarian spring roll on a bed of biryani basmatic rice.
8.50€

Naan bread

I hope this will not be MISCONSTRUED as an attempt at 'free advertising' as I am only answering a legitimate question.

Mark1875 17-11-2008 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by gina39uk (Post 26533)
As I am in the process of building a website for Hell's Kitchen I happen to have a few of their specialities to hand as follows:-

Nasi Goreng...Fried rice with spicy meats, vegetables, chicken satay,

pineapple, banana fritter topped with a fried egg.
9.50€

Bami Goreng...Fried noodles with spicy meats, vegetables,

chicken satay, pineapple, banana fritter topped with a fried egg.
9.50€

Chicken madras...medium hot with basmatic rice & pappadums.
9.50€

Prawn madras...medium hot with basmatic rice & pappadums.
10.00€

Tandori chicken tikka masala with basmatic rice & pappadums.
9.50€

Vegetarian spring roll on a bed of biryani basmatic rice.
8.50€

Naan bread

I hope this will not be MISCONSTRUED as an attempt at 'free advertising' as I am only answering a legitimate question.

If it is any help, the Indonesian word is Bakmi, not Bami for fried noodles. Otherwise thanks. I could do the whole lot in Indonesian if you want? My wife is from Java and I am fluent in Bahasa Indonesia?

gina39uk 18-11-2008 08:26

Hell's Kitchen-Indonesian Menu

What a very kind and thoughtful gesture Mark & very much appreciated.
I am an amateur at this website lark (just doing a favour for very good friends) so to have the Indonesian translation would be great. It would certainly add 'spice' to the menu (couldn't resist that:) )

Perhaps it might be better to send this direct to my message box don't you think? Or I could send you my email address?

Many thanks again!

Gina