Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-09-2008, 21:35

Default Siete Dias en Septiembre

Just back from a week of mixed weather in PP, but the favourite eating establishments, and a new one (to us), didn’t let us down. So here’s a brief resume…..

Wednesday 17th: La Goleta. A regular for us – we go there every trip. A very nice Octopus Gallicia for me (not rubber bands!) and Prawns in Garlic for my wife, Jane. We both had a spicy Lamb Shank special that was delicious. Washed down with a bottle of El Coto, G&Ts to start and dos café solos to finish. A very reasonably priced 75 Euros.

Thursday 18th: Brisa Marina. This place is getting busy. Jane says it’s my fault for raving on about it on this website! We shared Stuffed Mussels to start with and Pork Fillet and Lamb Chops with Garlic and Peppers for mains. Washed down with a bottle of Marques de Riscal Reserva 2003 (18 Euros in PP and costs £13 in the supermarkets in UK – a good deal!) plus two G&Ts and café solos, the bill came to a bargain (here I go again!) 56 Euros.

Friday 19th: El Posito. Well, it’s thanks to all you guys that we tried this place in the summer and it really doesn’t disappoint. The guys that run it have a certain “raffish” quality and it’s got a really great atmosphere – so thanks fellow posters – we owe you one! I had Squid from the Bay and Jane the Seafood Stuffed Peppers, both sensational. For mains we both had the most “melt in the mouth” Roast Suckling Pig you could ask for. The crackling didn’t crackle, which was a shame, but it tasted superb. The usual G&Ts to begin, a bottle of Portia 2004 and café solos to finish, and all for 79 Euros.

Saturday 20th: C’an Andreu. Again, fellow posters, I salute you. This is your recommendation again and a very good one. Jane decided against a starter but I had lovely grilled sardines. Jane pronounced her Lamb Shoulder a great success and I tried, for the first time, a slow cooked Roast Kid Leg, very tasty indeed but with a texture you would expect from something sinewy that leaps about in mountains! All washed down with the usual G&T entrees, a bottle of Solar Viejo Crianza and two café solos each. What a lovely family who run this establishment, the daughter of whom served us charmingly and even complemented me upon my faltering (though I have to say improving) Spanish. 61 Euros for a great experience.

Sunday 21st: Caller La Parra. Our second visit to this restaurant, established in 1962, and run by two brothers. In June we sat outside, this time in a wonderful time warp inside. It’s full of clocks that chime on the hour at different times. In fact, one clock (confusingly) chimes twice. Great atmosphere and lots of locals. We both decided against starters (I’ll tell you why in a moment) and I had Lamb Cutlets (there’s something about the local lamb, don’t you think?) and Jane had Chicken Breast. No starters meant plenty of room for the Almond Cake with Almond Ice Cream. Trust me, this is TO DIE FOR!!! The very best I have tasted ever. The obligatory G&Ts, a bottle of Marques de Riscal Reserva 2003 (25 Euros to Brisa Marinas 18, note) and café solos brought our bill to 64 Euros.

Monday 22nd: El Posito. Just had to go back! We shared the Seafood Stuffed Mussels and both had a truly memorable Beef Fillet in Port Wine Sauce. You guessed it (!) 2 G&Ts, a bottle of Portia and café solos brought la cuenta to 79 Euros.

Tuesday 23rd: Brisa Marina. Our last night, and we never fail to spend it here. Again I did the starter solo, the Gazpacho which is really tasty. Jane had Loin of Pork in Pepper Sauce and I had Lamb Cutlets. Believe it or not, no G&Ts this time but we devoured a Marques de Riscal Reserva as usual. And the final meal out cost just 51 Euros.

Of course, everywhere you go there is bread and olives (+ aioli at Brisa Marina) for which a small cover charge is made (included in the above).

What I have found is that it is generally a good idea to book ahead nowadays. These places are mighty popular and just turning up may lead to disappointments. In fact I’m loading phone numbers of all my favourites into my mobile for our next trip – my Spanish has got to the point where I can confidently order a table over the phone (whether I can understand the response is a different matter!).

I’ve one or two other comments about PP that I’ll post in a more relevant area, but for those of you yet to go this year, I envy you, and thanks to everyone who posts on this site with advice – it really is very helpful and has certainly informed our choices of restaurants.

Bye for now.

Disorderly
Sponsored Links
Old 25-09-2008, 23:41

Excellent summary
Old 25-09-2008, 23:45

yeah cheers disorderly you have given me some Ideas for june when we return!YEY!
Old 26-09-2008, 09:40

excellent review disorderly and has confirmed - why ooooh why, did i not try brisa marina (after being advised by an ex employee may i add!!!)

cheers

gary