Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-09-2008, 18:34

Smile Our 2 weeks in PP - Part 2!

7th night and we finally make it to Trios - as you will see from the rest of the review this is one of our favoured ones, we regarded it as a good all rounder - is this ran by the same people as Tango? we had set menu - loads to chose from both had trio mussels to start which were gorgeous, my lamb was so tender and hubby had beef and pork kebab, kids pizza bottle of wine (Faustino white) and a fanta of course, choc mousse and ice-cream, faultless and the bill was 41 euro!! One thing I have to say about this place too is the portions of bread and olives are huge too - a big hit with my husband who eats bread with practically everything! we enjoyed it so much that we went back there the following night, had a Seafood Paella, a Trio Salad and fries between the three of us - recommend the trio salad was beautiful - had everything you could think of in it - portion of fries, wine and soft drink bill was 50 euro

9th night and we went back to O'Lume starters of salmon and bacon salad (spoilt am afraid by a bit too much oil) but I had seafood spaghetti which was delicious, childrens meal was spiced pork loin, I had veal with a mushroom sauce, again beautiful, hubby had shrimp and scallop kebab but he wasn't that keen - that too was oily, usual chocs and liquer which I think is a lovely touch, will go back on our next visit but would put others before it. Bill was 63 euro

Off to Brisa Marina again the next night set menu this time I had Sea Bass and hubby chicken, fish was beautiful, kids meal sausage and chips and wine, fanta creme brulee, ice-cream 36 euro - unbelievable good value

10th night wanted somewhere quick (football governed the night!!) Trios opted for - not too far to walk home from! set menu - starters of scrambled egg and prawns, spinach cannelloni, salmon and beef medallions, childs roast chicken, applie pie and ice-cream wine and soft drink again only 45 euro

Our last two nights were difficult to choose - didn't want to risk anywhere new this late in the day so we went back to Brisa Marina, I had mussels an d hubby had stuffed mussels, monkfish and prawn kebab for me, best meal of the hols for hubby monkfish marinere, and it was superb I tasted it too and was quite jealous!! childs spaghetti ice-creams and almond biscuit for me wine and sprite - delicious all for 66 euro.

Last night we went back to Los Zarzales and was disappointed, we had really enjoyed the set menu and maybe our expectations were too high. Starters of Frito which was huge and got a bit tedious to eat after a while, stuffed peppers with seafood - nice but rather oily. I had chicken stuffed with prawns and leek sauce which was very dry and other main was pork with black pudding - again average. The big disappointment again here was the childs meal, real poor portion, fish and chips, piece of fish no bigger than a fish cake and again about 6 chips. Maybe we got a bad night but we felt the quality of the food was not terribly good and feel compared to others its very over-priced for what it is. Had wine and soft drink and think the bill was about 80 euro.

On the whole our two weeks were excellent - not visited any of these restaurants on previous visits to PP - and there are still others that we need to try - certainly next time we go we will be adding a few others to our list. Brisa Marina and Trios were a favourite with us - they both gave excellent service, all the staff were friendly and they serve really good food at good prices. - heres hoping we get back there soon!!
Sponsored Links
Old 21-09-2008, 20:27

Great reviews!! Thanks very much!

Jane
Old 21-09-2008, 20:31
Super Moderator

Yes very good review, thank you.
Old 21-09-2008, 22:06

Mandy

Thanks for the excellent review. I really enjoyed reading it. I think you may have enticed me to try Trios when I am out in October. My Parents are out in PP at the minute so I will pass on the Trios recommendation.

I have to say I accept your point about the small child size portions at Los Zarzales. We ate there in August and my 4 year old ordered lamb chops and chips. The chops were lovely but not a huge amount - 2 chops and 6 or seven chips. I was quite glad though, I thought it was a reasonable portion for a 4 year old who had been 'pigging out' on bigger portions elsewhere! Though I think you mentioned in your first post that your child was 7 and I don't think there would have been enough on the plate to satisfy a 7 year old.

Thanks for the review once again.

Regards

Sharon
Old 23-09-2008, 14:17

Smile

Thanks Sharon - hope you and your parents like Trio's - for the price I thought it was excellent and there is a good choice on the fixed menu, about a dozen at least of starters and mains and almost as many sweets.

Yes your right my boy is 7 and he was hugely disappointed with his meal in Los Zarzales, he loves eating out with us and always has some of ours anyway but on this occasion he wasn't fussed on our food either!!

Hope you have a good time in October - no doubt you will post your review on your return!