Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-09-2008, 17:22

Smile Our two weeks in PP - Part 1!!

Firstly want to say thanks to this forum as it helped to make our holiday in PP this year much better than the previous 2

1st night after reading so many good things about Brisa Marina went here first and weren't disappointed. menu of the day spaghetti and whitebait to start, lovely, chicken in peppercorn sauce, hubby had John Dory, son (7 years) had pork escalope, ice cream and choc mousse, bottle of wine and a Fanta - 41 euro - what can I say brilliant food at a brilliant price!!

2nd night off to O'Lume, menu of the day again. Got a complimentary appetizer, both had tagliatelli with prawns - bit salty, followed by mixed fishe marinere? really tasty, son had half portion of chicken in peppercorn sauce which he loved, sweet of mixed ice-cream, bottle of wine, fanta and a liqueur and chocs on the house (chocs are delicious) bill was 52 euro - excellent value again!

3rd night El Posito, frito and salad el posito style, shoulder of lamb and suckling pig, both were delicious and a good selection of veg and potatoes too. Kids meal was grilled beef steak and chips, was really good and probably the biggest kids meal my little one had, bottle of house white and fanta, didn't need deserts, 66 euro great!

4th night - AWFUL - were going to Trio's, stopped to look at the Indian next door Mirch Massala?? said we would try an Indian this year (normally never bother, consider it a bit of a waste) seemed a fair few people in so we asked for a table, again set menu 13.95 looked good value, special kids menu too. Order taken after about 15 mins and brought our drinks, not bottle of wine just a tiny glass. We waited and waited - over 45 minutes at least and still no starter, I was furious, after all only about another 5 or 6 tables being waited on. We were going to order a bottle of wine, but on principle I wouldn't, personally I would have just paid up for the drinks and left but hubby complained and they eventually brought the starters and the childrens meal over, nothing great, main course followed about ten minutes later and mine was awful, supposedly beef jalfrezi, but there wasn't a decent piece of meat in it, to be fair hubby said his korma was ok the naan was the best (ordered as extra) after a quick sweet of ice-cream hubby got up and paid the bill and although we got no apology we were only charged 30 eruo. However when he was paying the bill someone else was complaining that they too had been waiting 45 minutes - definitely won't be going there again!

5th night - Los Zarzales, menu of the day 22 euro, broad beans and tuna salad starter, cod and chicken for mains, both excellent, not too impressed with the kids meal, very small portion for the price, chicken burger no salad or anything and about 6 chips! first one my son didn't like, wine and fanta - cheesecake for sweet - just ok, service was fine bill was 58 euro, good value for what we had, would recommend the set menu but went last night of our hols and disappointed (review in part 2)

6th night - La Goleta - mixed feelings about this one. Starters of seafood frito and nordini of mushrooms, both nice enough - hubby had wild boar which was really chewy and he didn't like at all, pork in cabbage for me which was ok, childs spaghetti which was decent portion, bottle of wine and the usual fanta bill was 73 euro, was ok but would pick others in front of this one.

Part 2 to follow!!
Sponsored Links
Old 19-09-2008, 20:42

Hi,

Enjoyed part 1 of your balanced review and look forward to part 2.
Old 19-09-2008, 22:39

Mandy

I really enjoyed reading this review.

Thanks

Sharon
Old 20-09-2008, 08:22

Good reading Mandy, have El Posito introduced a Children's menu?
Old 20-09-2008, 11:18
Super Moderator

Thanks for the review Mandy a good read. Look forward to part 2
Old 21-09-2008, 14:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1875 View Post
Good reading Mandy, have El Posito introduced a Children's menu?
All the waiter did when we asked was give us a few options of meals for him, think he did mention the usual nuggets etc but as I said the steak my son had was really good, think it was about 6 euro!
Old 04-02-2009, 19:18

Default Mirch Massala

In response to your negative acclamations about Mirch Massala, I would just like to point out that it clearly states in the Set Menu that you receive 1 glass of wine, therefore to emphasise the fact that you did not receive a bottle of wine seems irrelevant.

I regularly go on holiday to Pollensa and to find that a new Indian had opened was a joy, since the food at the other Indian restaurant, Kashmir, is absoloutely appalling. I found the staff at Mirch Massala to be extremely helpful and polite, it was a rare relief to actually find staff who spoke fluent English. Most importantly however, the food was excellent. The set menu is one of the cheapest around, but this in no way comprimised the quality and taste of the food being served. I have many friends who actually live in Pollensa, and the restaurant has definitley acquired a name for itself in the short amount of time it has been open. It is quoted as being 'the best Indian on the port". I would reccommend Mirch Massala without any reservation, along with the Cantonese restaurant La Villa and Nicos.

Food for thought - GOOD FOOD TAKES LONGER!
Old 05-02-2009, 16:47

I am sorry if I offended anybody with my comments about Mirch Massala - that wasn't my intention - as others have done with their reviews I only gave our honest opinion at the time.

We had a bad experience there which will not warrant a second visit for us. There are lots of other restaurants in the Port that suit some but don't suit others. As people have stated before one mans meat !!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 20:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandyproc View Post
I am sorry if I offended anybody with my comments about Mirch Massala - that wasn't my intention - as others have done with their reviews I only gave our honest opinion at the time.

We had a bad experience there which will not warrant a second visit for us. There are lots of other restaurants in the Port that suit some but don't suit others. As people have stated before one mans meat !!!!
I don't think you did Mandy, its your opinion and you are perfectly entitled to give it.
Old 05-02-2009, 20:40

I've not been to the Mirch Missala but the service and the food sound pretty awful from what you say Mandy. Although Justin has offered a spirited defence of it you can only speak from your own experience! This forum is littered with differing views on the restaurants in the Port - just look at the very different opinions on somewhere like Stay. As it happens I would disagree with Justin on his opinion of Kashmir, which I have never found to be "appalling". We had a thread on Kashmir some months back and I think the words used were "does what it says on the tin" .

Last edited by Alcanada; 05-02-2009 at 21:03.
Old 05-02-2009, 21:12

I agree with Mark and Alcanada. In my reviews, I just state what happened and what the food was like. I didn't find your comments at all offensive, Mandy. We are all entitled to our own opinion and if we find a restaurant doesn't live up to its reputation, then it's not our fault!