Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-09-2008, 21:32

Default Two weeks

(sorry, posted this in wrong section before)

Another two great weeks in PP.

The Euro has been a little daunting but didn't affect our appetite for some magnificent eating and drinking!

This year we were joined by different people at different times so found ourselves back in some old favourites a couple of times.

Top of the list was LA FONDA. We went last Sunday lunchtime. The rain was falling on the market and loads of locals were huddling in the bar looking for shelter from the rain. We ate in the back room, surrounded by Spanish families enjoying sunday lunch. The Frito Mallorquain was such a success we had to order another one for everyone to try. i then got the last portion of Roast Suckling pig - fantastic with a bottle of Macia Battle.

SON BRULL divides opinions. It's always been a personal favourite since a fantastic 50th birthday party a couple (a few?) years ago. The service is strange - largely because it's a hotel first and foremost, then a restaurant. However 365 advertises itself as a restaurant independently, so it really should act like one.

Basically you're pretty much ignore when you walk in to the pool/bar area and have to ask for menus, pre-dinner drinks etc.

However, once you're seated, the service becomes phenomenal: attentive, friendly and charming. The Head Waitress would be at home in front of house at any of london's top restaurants.

Let's be honest: you come here for the experience and the ambience. If the weather's good, the jazz is playing and you're sitting by the pool, then it can be heaven. It needs to be a special occasion and at 100 Euros a pop, it certainly ain't cheap - especially these days - so it's not everyones's cup of tea. Personally, once a year, i love it

Il Giardanio never fails to impress. It's a highly impressive operation which runs like clockwork and the food is to die for! This yer the goat's cheese salad got everyone's vote, the spaghetti with basil was top of my list followed closely by the Pork Maie (?). Stick with Hugo's wine recommendations - they're highlighted on the menu in red. One's a chardonnay the others a Vino de Carcere (Help me, Jane!) Neither is more than 16 Euros. Both are delicious.

Richard Branson and a party of ten were sitting on the next table last night. They seemed to be enjoying it too!

Trencadora. Trencadora. Trencadora. Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear Have already written about this elsewhere. Terrible disappointment. Less said the better.

Los Zarzarles was a joy as ever. Two visits - once in the road and once in a courtyard under an awning tucked away in a corner. My sister in law commented that it was like being at a wedding and not evry close friends of the family!!! Strange. But made up for by the ever-effusive and charming service and wonderful, wonderful food. The pork wrapped in cabbage is simply amazing. And the Tumbale is fab.

That's it for now. Got to go and get my last emsmaidas of the holiday. Look forward to hearing peoples; comments and reactions. Hopefully back in six weeks for a bit of golf!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 15-09-2008, 18:04

Thanks for the review Graham. I tried Los Zarzarles for the first time in August and was very impressed.
Old 15-09-2008, 20:34

Thanks for that Graham. I love Los Zarzales and Il Giardanio, the food is great at Il G but location is about as good as it gets. I've never seen Branson in Pollensa before although I've bumped into him in Deya a couple of times (not literally, just seen him in the village!). I haven't been to Trencadora for a couple of years and it was ok then, but all these places have good and bad phases, in fact many of them have good and bad nights to be honest. I'm also out for some golf at the end of October! Can't wait..