Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 22:49

Default Eating Out August 2008

I have finally got round to posting on our eating venue - sorry for the delay. At the outset we decided to try to visit as many new places to eat this time as we could. We had got into the habit of going back to the same places (because they are good!). However, the many reviews on the Forum inspired us to be a bit more adventurous.

Neptuno – We have never eaten in Neptuno but on the recommendation of the Forum we decided to give it a whirl on our first day. We had P’amb oli Queso and P’amb oli Jamon – both really lovely and a bargain at €6.50. Son had a cheese & ham toasted sandwich. It was really good and very relaxing. We enjoyed it so much we returned a few nights later to try the Tapas. I really enjoyed the Tapas son had carbonara that could have been better – very little ham, which didn’t go down well. Though we had ordered garlic mushrooms as one of the tapas and son ate most of those as a ham substitute!

Diablito – I had been here before on my last visit in May but it was my husband’s first visit. Husband & son shared a pizza. It was described in the menu as for 1 to 2 people. It would easily have done 3 or 4 if also eating salads with it. The pizza was lovely and they both enjoyed it a lot. I had pasta & vegetables – again it was really good.

Makassar – Again I had gone here on my last visit but it was husband’s first visit. I couldn’t look past the tumbet. I had it last time but it was even better this time – it just melted in my mouth. Husband went for the set menu for €15.90. He started with nachos which we all ate followed by rump steak which he said was excellent and finished with apple cake which was good. Son had carbonara (!) Better this time with more ham.

Brisas Marina – A Forum favourite so we thought we would give it a try. There was little choice for the veggies. I had pasta & grilled veg – it was ok. Husband had turbot – he said it was ok. Son who had been really looking forward to ‘fish from the sea’ was also not that impressed. The child’s meal was described as fillet of fish, which I assumed, would not be battered – I was wrong. Husband tasted it and said it was ok. We may return but it wouldn’t be on my ‘must visit’ list.

Los Zarzales – our first visit here. I had always avoided it on previous occasions as I thought there would be little choice for the veggie. I was very wrong – the menu is excellent. I know there have been a number of comments regarding salt in the food but our food was perfect not a problem. I had a vegetable & rice dish – it was gorgeous. Husband had suckling pig and was very pleased and son had lamb chops and chips – very good he never uttered a word whilst he made his way through them!

Centric – Again we visited inspired by Forum recommendations. We all had pizza but were not impressed. Much prefer Diablito or Tolos.

Mollies – Husband hadn’t been to Mollies and he was impressed. He had a steak and onion baguette, which he declared excellent. I had baked potato with cheese & sweetcorn and son had two sausages. Everyone was very happy with their lot.

Nicos – last meal before we made our way to the airport and we wanted somewhere with reliable service as did not have lots of time. I had veggie fajitas, son had hot dog and I can’t remember what husband had. We shared a cheesecake for desert. It was all very good.

La Font del Gall – we had lunch here as we have not had the courage to bring our young son in the evenings yet. I had a lovely wild mushroom ravioli – really good. I can’t remember what hubby had and son had bacon buttie and we shared a portion of chips. As always it was excellent. Good value and relaxing.

Il Giardino – for lunch. I had goats cheese and honey salad. I love this dish and it was as good as I remembered. Husband could not look past the salmon pasta that he has enjoyed many times before and son finally got his ‘fish from the sea’. He had a beautiful bit of Sea Bream and really enjoyed it. We all had ice cream from the hut in the square to finish.

C’an O’lesa – we love the pizzas here. We all had pizza which as usually was excellent and to finish we shared profiteroles – divine, and absolutely smothered in really good chocolate sauce.

Baguettes & Co – we used this shop a few lunchtimes for a light lunch by the pool or beach. We usually got baguettes with cheese & onion and cheese and ham and a toastie for our son. It was not expensive.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2008, 00:47

Great posting thanks
Old 06-09-2008, 09:27

Great to read your post, Sharon!

Thanks!

Jane
Old 06-09-2008, 11:27

Hi Sharon

Must admit I have been looking forward to your review and as always it's an excellent read. Plenty of idea's too. I have never really considered Diablito but we will give it a go next time. Thanks for posting.

Linda
Old 07-09-2008, 16:04

Thumbs up

We tried Diabilito while we were in PP in July. It was far nicer than La Piazza