Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-08-2008, 19:31

Default Favourite bars

We visited lots of bars while on holiday!

One of our favourites was the Cafe L'Illa in Pollensa. The service was very quick and one night the waiter remembered what my drink was and he'd only served me once before! We had breakfast here one morning - the children enjoyed their toasted sandwiches while I had a lovely look around the church in the Placa Mayor.

After our disappointing meal at La Placeta we ended the evening at the Bar Juma where my son and I had the strawberries and cream and my daughter had the chocolate ice-cream. Hubby treated himself to a large brandy which was deliciously smooth.

We also enjoyed a change of scenery and sampled a couple of bars at the bottom of the Calvari steps - Cafe Calvari is part of the chain that owns the Cafe L'Illa and has another cafe in PP. We also went to a bar called La Scalinata where I had a delicious and very fruity glass of the house rose.

We also liked the Bar Alhambra opposite the Cockerel fountain and it's a great place for people watching and gazing at the old shuttered buildings. They do Tapas dishes if you're looking for something lighter.

In PP, we had some very enjoyable drinks with Timberman and his wife at the Bar Cultural. It's becoming quite a tradition now every year!

And of course, we also went to Bony's. We arrived while the Newcastle-Manu U game was on and it was buzzing! It's great that you can access the internet - just ask for the password key to get on and have a drink while you surf! Jose was great! I have to give it to him that he works hard to promote his business and I can't see anything wrong with that. My son collected 53 sweets the night we were there and he attracted a huge crowd of people who were all laughing and smiling! The bar is certainly an institution and yes, the prices were on the steep side, but there are other places nearby if you want something different.

Cafe L'Algar is another favourite for ice-creams and needless to say, my two children sampled quite a few (and I have to admit to having one myself!).

We had a drink at the Daina one night, as it's tradition and I love to see the colours changing over the bay.

Last but not least was another old favourite - Bar Mallorca in Cala San Vicente. The waiter is very professional and always manages to keep hubby replenished with thirst-quenching beer!

CHEERS!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 25-08-2008, 01:36

Hi Jane,
Great report on all the bars you visited. We too had a glass (or 2) of wine in La scalinata in Pollensa. It was the 2nd time we'd been there, the other time was 3 years ago, they do great snacks too.
And, of course, what PP holiday wouldnt be perfect without a drink in our fav, Bony's. Jose made us feel so welcome there, and as you said, he never stops working, the man is a workaholic! One night he was throwing all his sweets for the kids, and they would all run into the square to catch as many as they could, only to get soaked, as Jose had a bottle of water and was soaking them all with it. then of course, he soaked all the parents as well, and i had only just washed my hair!!!!
Old 25-08-2008, 08:33

We enjoyed drinks at the Miramar sat inside one night as the breeze was quite strong very nice public areas and the drinks were reasonably priced, €5 euros for large gin & tonic, €1.75 for cafe con leche.

Also went to the I'la a dor a couple of nights, their public areas are very nice as well. Drinks were reasonable here as well considernig the setting, the waiters speak very good English. Noticed that they are doing afternoon tea €16 for selection of sandwiches/toasted sandwiches, scones, cakes, danish pastries and a selection of different tea/coffees, unfortunately didnt notice this till near the end of the holiday but put on our to do list for next year.
Old 25-08-2008, 18:33

1) Cultural
2) Fletchers
3) JK's
4) Neptuno
Old 27-08-2008, 21:31

1) Fletchers (best pint of Estrella Galaticia )
2) Panorma Beach hotel (Largest G & T i've ever seen !)
3) Palms (for the entertainment (don't drink the vinegar sorry wine !)
4) Cant remember the name but the other Bar on the 'strip' San Miguell 1 euro small bttl cold bttles but cold glass !)

1000) Trotters - Yeuch
1001) Pollensa Park - They show the bottles of smirnoff & Gordons but pour the cheap rubbish that look like the above & charge you stupid prices - Hate this hotel even though I wasn't a resident
Old 29-08-2008, 11:39

Default Favourite Bars

As a family group we always enjoy Pozo's (opposite the small Eroski, on the main street, a really good traditional bar for well priced drinks, snack meals and all the fun of a local bar. People watching is a great pastime there - there's the English lady who wins very large amounts on the one arm bandits on a daily basis, it's fascinating she must have a system. Many local & friendly Mallorquines, we don't know their names (well we are British), but we feel accepted as they have seen us there for a number of years & nod to us amicably. One day after the Moors & Christian battle there was the local British upper class drunken 'ne'er do well' still drunk after a 36hr session (yes he really was called Toby), and expertly handled by the lady behind the bar (reminded me of supernanny), handed a fanta limon and quietly defused.
Great place.
(I'll try to post a picture taken from Pozo's)
1919 has such a good position on the front corner and their Carta Nevada cava is well priced at 14€ (and I always thought Mr Mirs establishment were pricey I eat or rather drink my words).
Old 06-09-2008, 14:47

Smile el pozo tapas bar

I love sitting outside of el pozo and can be found there 98% of my holiday between 7 ish and 8 ish watching the sun going down. People and transport watching ,while sitting on the pavement served by Heleanor a pint (3 euros) free nuts and usualy someone to talk to. thats living.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandad View Post
I love sitting outside of el pozo and can be found there 98% of my holiday between 7 ish and 8 ish watching the sun going down. People and transport watching ,while sitting on the pavement served by Heleanor a pint (3 euros) free nuts and usualy someone to talk to. thats living.
Or Bombay mix, its a wee tradition of mine too, sit on the narrow strip watching the people go by. My missus loves the jewellers next door, which we discovered this year is owned by the sister of Toni in El Posito.