Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 18:50

Default 9-23 August Part 2

Sunday 17 August

Bus up to the Old Town and then dinner in Il Giardinos, we love sitting inside in this restaurant. Most people had the bruschetta and tomatoes for starters very good as always as I think about €5, I normally have meat in this restaruant but had the tortellini in a cheese and ham sauce just the right amount, very tasty, think someone had fish, lamb etc, all very good.

It was my niece's 16th birthday and a cake from the Il Giardino patessire next door had been ordered, a lovely chocolate cake was produced and we all duly sang happy birthday and the cakes was then whisked off and we were all presented with a nice size slice (12 in the party) it was very tasty and had chcoclate mousse in the middle rather than icing so wasnt at all sickly think it was about €15. Plenty of wine and liquers, soft drinks, coffees, it worked out about €a head.

Monday 18 August

[B]Back to Pascalinos, very nice chinese as always and very friendly staff, about €15 a head.

Tuesday 19 August

Hisbiscus. Not been to the restaurant before but was very pleased. Menu of the day for €15.80 plenty to choose from. I had chicken croquettes to start and there was a hugh plateful, very sorry cant remember what everyone else had must make notes next year to give a more helpful review, had a nice chicken curry for mains with rice and vegetables, a small beer, half bottle of rose, coke, think I had cheesecake for desert. Very nice friendly staff and the food came up quickly. Would recommend

Wednesday 20 August

Tangos was advised to book a table in advance. Caught the bus, missed the stop and got off at Club Del Sol, walked along the cycle lane and had a lovely view of the port so was worth the walk. On entering the restaurant had a nice warm welcome from the staff. Liked the restaurant very much didnt feel as frantic as the old location, the food was just as good as ever and I was able to have my favourite pork fillet, think the menu of the day was about €16 euros which was very good value for money. We asked for 2 taxis which were with us in minutes and €6 back to the port which didnt cause us any pain. Will definitely visit twice next year.

Thursday 21 August[B]

Back to the Eolo for a nice pizza, nice quick service in here, we still had some last minute shopping to do.

Friday 22 August[B]

Had to think where to go for our last night as we used to always go to Tangos so decided on La Piazza. Was a nice buzz in the square. Selection of starters, the garlic bread is very nice and about €3 and some of us had the La Piazza mixed starters again and the deep fried mozerella which were very nice as always. Mixture of main meals I and pork escalope with a ham, cheese and tomato topping, served with roasted potatoes and vegetable, was a nice size bit of pork and with the topping was very tasty, someone had steak which was cooked just right, calzone pizza which was good, vegetable lasagne and some other pizzas all which were good, dont think we had deserts, nice jug of sangria, think it was about €30 a head.

Finished off with a drink at the I'la a Dor and then that was us finished for another year - defintely going for the afternoon tea at the I'l a dor next year.
Sponsored Links