Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Eating Out 9-23 August (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/3783-eating-out-9-23-august.html)

Joanne 30-08-2008 17:48

Eating Out 9-23 August

Saturday 9 August

We normally go to Tangos on our first night in PP but as they had moved we went to Pepys Bar. Cant remember exact prices but it was good value for money starters of mussels, sardines and tuna salads all of which were very good, mains of chicken curry, chicken breast in pepper sauce and I think Spag Bol, choice of potatoes or chips, only complaint was the curry was slightly too salty think it worked out with soft drinks about €15 euros a head. Quick walk along the front to check nothing had changed and a stop at the ice cream hut for dessert.

Sunday 10 August

Went to Pascailinos and it was my daughters 14th birthday, 20 people mixture of adults and children, staff very helpful and friendly as always, had chicken sweet and sour, chicken curry, egg fired rice, fried duck, chow mein, beef in black bean sauce, all very tasty. Waiters came out with packs of Pokermon Cards for the children, fans for the ladies and a big doll for my daughter, with drinks including 3 jugs of sangira, 6 large beers, coffees, fresh orange juices, couple of rounds of cokes , water €17.50 a head. Very enjoyable evening.

[B]Monday 11 August[B]

Maxims, The Square seemed very quiet when we go here about 8pm, managed to get a seat outside at Maxims, turned out there was a powercut inside and the lights when out in the Square briefly a couple of times during the evening. Starters of Mussells approx €7.50, ravoli in curry sauce €8.50, soup of the day €5, pork in pepper sauce, chicken in pepper, sauce, beef borguinon (cant spell) cant remember the other 2 mains, all came with nice roast potato wedges and a small arrangement of vegetables rice with the beef b, which were very nice, 3 chocolate fudge cakes for desserts, cafe con leche, 3 bottles of water, 2 jugs of sangria, apple juice, 2 fresh orange juices, bread and ali oli, the bill came to €213 for 5 which we felt was a touch on the dear side but it was a nice meal and although the starters and main course came quickly we were allowed to linger over dessert and coffee.

Tuesday 12 August

Eolo. Managed to get a table for 6 outside which we havent been able to do for a very long time. Nice friendly staff. 5 pizzas, 1 escalope milanese, 2 portion of chips, salad eolo (lettuce, onion, tuna, egg, sweetcorn amongst other things) and a tomato and mozzerella salad (very tasty) bottle of wine, 2 bottles of water, 2 large beers 2 fresh orange juices and an apple juice came to about €15 a head. The pizzas were cooked just right for us and very tasty

Wednesday 13 August

Jumped on the bus €1.10 per person to the Old Town, got a table at Cafe I'illa and had mixed tapas €14 for 2 people which comprised russian salad, meat balls, anchoveys and a couple of other things which I cant remember, burger and chips and a chicken nugget and chips with a couple of large beers, bottle of rose, couple of fresh orange juices, coffee, vodka and oragne came to about €15 a head, very nice place to sit and people watch, do like the buzz at the Old Town.

[B]Thursday 14 August

Pizza restaurant opposite Trios I think in the flora apartrments. Not a huge choice on the menu but enough pizzas and pasta to choose from, meat/vegetable lasagne was about €8.50 and was very nice.

[B]Friday 15 August[B]

La Piazza

4 adults shared a Piazza started which consisted of deep fried mozzerella sticks, onon rings, deep fried courgettes and broccolli with a couple of dips, very tasty and I think about €8 we also shared a deep fried mozzerella with a sauce (sorry cant remember what) which was about €6 none of the deep fried dishes were at all greasey, 2 portions of garlic breads for the teenagers which looked very nice for about €3 euros each, lovely bread and ali oli, sangria and other usual drinks, mains consisted of plain chicken breast and chips, chicken in gorgonzola sauce with nice roasted potatoes and vegetables, sorry cant remember what everyone else had. Aobut €30 head and worthy every penny. Seemed to be very bush in the Square this night which was nice to see.

[B]Saturday 16 August[B]

[B]Trios[B]

Think the menu of the day was about €14.50 and still represents excellent value.

I had spinach canneolli to start which had a lovely creamy cheese sauce and was big enough to have been a main course. Other starters with soup, mussells and tuna cocktail all of which went down very well. Mains of spag bol, beef, lamb, chicken, puddings of chocolate mousse, cheese cake, ice cream. Thinik with the extras like milkshakes, water, beer, sangria was in the price it was about €18 a head. The quality is always good here at Trios.

During the week we had various sandwiches, hamburgers, omelletes etc from Al Fresco for lunch which always maintains the same quality and also had some filled bageuttes from the Voramar supermarket ham, cheese & salad for €2.60 is good value IMO. Also had some very nice savoury snacks from the Spar Supermarket near the Bellereguard apartments, of a morning they have some very nice crossiants, muffins, doughnuts, emermaders (spelling again) - its a good job I wasnt weighed on the way home at Palma Airport.

Second installment to follow.

JH02JLH 30-08-2008 18:43

Thanks for that great review!

Looking forward to reading the next instalment!

Jane:)

jimbobs37 02-09-2008 21:40

Great review heading out on the 6th and will take on some of your experience.
Nice one thanks