Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-08-2008, 18:45

Default Ca'n Costa again...

Ca'n Costa - Friday 22 August

Our last night on holiday and we wanted to go home with fond memories, so again, we chose Ca'n Costa.

We'd booked the evening before and after a drink at a lovely little cafe at the bottom of the Calvari steps, we made our way back to one of our favourite restaurants for a last supper.

We studied the menu on the sofas (this time with a glass of fizzy water for us adults...hubby wasn't feeling too good) and I decided to go for the asparagus and parmesan quiche followed by the chicken.

Hubby had managed to persuade our daughter to go with the cod and asked if they could serve it without the sauce for her. My son went for the chicken breast again but opted for the vegetable soup for a starter along with my husband. He wanted to try the lamb I had eaten the previous week.

We ordered a bottle of the Son Bordils Syrah as it was our last night and it was wonderful to see it decanted at our table. My son's eyes were huge as the waiter poured the wine into a special decanter that "sprayed" the fluid against the sides.

"It's being woken up," I said, eyeing his expression.

"Wine isn't woken up!" he replied, laughing.

"It is," I said. And when, after a short while, I was invited to taste it, I can honestly say it was alive and kicking!

The meal was as good as ever. My quiche was delicious, the pastry light and crumbly with a gorgeous creamy filling. Hubby and son demolished the soup and I was careful to give my bread roll to my son, hoping that tonight I would have room for dessert.

My daughter loved her cod, pronouncing it the best she'd ever tasted. Hubby thought his lamb was delicious (especially the sauce) while I enjoyed my chicken which had been wrapped in bacon and stuffed with mozzarella cheese. The dish was served with a little tower of potato cakes and sliced tomatoes.

Amazingly, I found room for pudding - the ultimate comfort food - rice pudding with a fruit compote. Heaven!

The restaurant was pleasantly busy with a large party eating and several smaller tables occupied.

As always, the service was attentive, friendly and we were all made to feel very special.

The bill came to 149 euros.

Here's to next year!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 25-08-2008, 01:57

Jane, All of your post this year, have really had me thinking i was still there. I can just taste the chicken you had with the way you described it.
Weve not eaten in Pollensa in the evenings, but after your reveiws, we will definatly have to give it a go next year. Roll on Aug 2009!
Old 25-08-2008, 08:10

Oh jiggy, you have to eat in the old town - as you can see from my posts this year, we love it there and the atmosphere in the evenings is brilliant.

And please put Ca'n Costa on your list! You won't be disappointed!

Jane
Old 25-08-2008, 08:42

Glad to hear that CC is still alive and kicking too!
Old 25-08-2008, 12:29

Mmmmmmmmmmmm !!!

Jiggy agree with Jane the atmosphere in Pollensa is great,and there are so many fab restaurants tucked away in the little winding streets.

Debs

Last edited by debz1; 26-08-2008 at 00:17.
Old 25-08-2008, 23:40

Yep, there certainly are and wouldnt it be lovely to be able to print off all the names and directions to take with you - or give to your nearest and dearest to take with them on the next visit !!