Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Ca'l Lloro, Pollensa (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/3751-cal-lloro-pollensa.html)

JH02JLH 24-08-2008 14:31

Ca'l Lloro, Pollensa

Ca’l Lloro - Thursday 14 August

I’m not saying that Ca’l Lloro was second best, but we hadn’t originally intended to eat at this restaurant in the square tonight. We’d been walking past El Temple again and again in the hope that it would open its doors, but it wasn’t to be.

So after looking at various restaurants nearby, we decided to book a table at Ca’l Lloro as we had enjoyed a meal there last year. Pollensa tonight was very busy, with a lovely atmosphere as people chose which restaurants to eat at and the places at the bottom of the steps in the main square were especially packed with very few empty tables.

My son kept up his game of football throughout our meal, only appearing to gobble down his plate of spaghetti and then run off again, but the rest of us thoroughly enjoyed the relaxing ambience of Ca’l Lloro and watching the never-ending stream of people walking by.

Up until now we’d got away with not spending a lot on meals out, but I had a feeling that tonight was going to be different. My husband wanted a starter so he went for the cheese, grape and walnut salad, while I reluctantly went for the grilled vegetables, a bit pricey at almost 14 euros. For our mains we chose shoulder of lamb and chicken breast stuffed with Mahones cheese and sobrasada covered in a bechamel sauce. It was the third night in a row I’d eaten chicken and I was beginning to grow feathers and start to cluck, but it sounded delicious on the menu and I couldn’t face a huge piece of meat as the evening was still hot.

The children’s meals arrived as we were having our starters and both were delicious - my daughter had chosen the chicken burger and it came with a satisfying pile of chips and a side salad.

My starter was huge and consisted of tomatoes, mushrooms, asparagus, peppers and some other unidentifiable vegetables which were delicious. They had been very lightly grilled and sprinkled with sea salt and I’m sure I had my five-a-day in one go! Hubby’s salad was good, but again, he said that he does a better one himself at home. :rolleyes:

I’d chosen a local wine to go with our meal, a red from Mortitx which was very good - soft and fruity and priced at 17.50 euros.

The service was very relaxed and although we waited a while for our main courses to arrive, it was not a problem as we were so content to sit and talk. When they did arrive hubby commented on his lamb being a bit thin (a size zero lamb?) but when he started to eat, he said it was absolutely delicious and very succulent. My chicken was equally good and very tasty. Both dishes came with a small pile of grilled peppers and two potato wedges so maybe the starter was a good idea after all!

We enticed my son back to the table with a promise of dessert which in his case was chocolate mousse while the rest of us ordered chocolate ice-cream, apple crumble and Mallorquin pudding (crème caramel). They were all very good.

It was a late night for us but it was great to linger over the last drops of our wine and see people making their way home after their evening out, tired children in their arms.

The bill came to a reasonable 126 euros - Booking essential in high season.