Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-08-2008, 14:14

Default Trencadora, Pollensa

Trencadora - Monday 11 August

Before having a drink in the square in Pollensa we booked a table at Trencadora - and were very glad we did because at 8.30pm, the place was almost full. It was a very good sight to see because I know this lovely restaurant has had a change of ownership and mixed reviews over the last couple of years.

The two female waiting staff were very friendly and attentive and we nibbled on bread and olives while studying the menu, which had a Germanic hint about it…a Berlin favourite of currywurst? In Mallorca? There is also a good choice of salads, pasta, seafood spaghetti and an ox dish!

My daughter was delighted to see alioli on the menu and ordered a dish with lots more bread as her starter. My son was famished so he opted for a portion of chips to start while hubby went for the pa amb oli and I chose a mixed salad.

The food was excellent - hubby’s large portion of toasted bread and tomatoes was delicious and my mixed salad of tomatoes, cucumber, celery, olives and various leaves had a very tasty dressing. But it was the chips that were the real star…crispy, hot and lightly sprinkled with sea salt. Scrumptious!

As things were going so well, we waited for the main courses with trepidation but we weren’t disappointed. Three of us ordered grilled chicken breast with potatoes and vegetables while my son went for the spaghetti bolognese. The chicken was moist and tender and covered in a mild curry sauce which was different and very enjoyable. Half way through the meal, my son pushed his spaghetti away but perked up when offered some of hubby’s chicken. They duly swapped and hubby pronounced the pasta very tasty.

We sat back in our chairs well satisfied, but in the course of duty, we felt we had to try a dessert. My son chose strawberry cheesecake while my daughter and I shared tiramisu. I felt that the desserts had been bought in (the tiramisu was still slightly frozen in the middle) but they were very good and were a nice ending to a lovely meal.

The bill came to 90 euros. It may be advisable to book a table and the restaurant offers a children’s menu.
Sponsored Links
Old 25-08-2008, 08:46

WE absolutely love the tranquill feel of this place which always relaxes after a hot day touring round Old Polensa town..MDD good value and quality excellent!
Old 25-08-2008, 08:54

Yes, I saw the Menu del Dia advertised at night and it looked very good value - I can't remember how much it was but I only saw it after I'd ordered!
Old 25-08-2008, 10:54
Super Moderator

Jane, just to say thankyou for all your reviews, i could almost taste some of the food. I can't wait to try some of them.
Old 25-08-2008, 11:05

Thank you, sparky!
Old 25-08-2008, 22:26

We went to Trencadora a couple of years ago and loved it. The restaurant at that time was run by the husband/partner of a very nice lady who was working in a clothes shop at the foot of the Pollensa steps (think it was called Moda Fresca). My wife had run up a decent bill in the shop (my credit card) and during the course of the ensuing conversation the lady told us about her connection with Trencadora. When I have been in Pollensa since then the restaurant has been shut - but glad to hear it's up and running again.
Old 28-08-2008, 10:34

May I have some directions, please?

Sounds like one to add to an ever growing list to have a nosy at..........so many meals.......so little time.
Old 28-08-2008, 11:03

OK...

Stand in the main square in Pollensa facing the Cafe Espanyol (there is actually an advert for the restaurant now on one of the terraces).

Turn right and follow the road until it comes to a crossroads. Go straight over and carry on along this residential street until you hear the sound of rushing water. The restaurant is on the left hand side of the street. At the entrance is a large water feature.

Hope this helps!

Jane
Old 28-08-2008, 13:54

Ta. Sounds straightforward - even with my legendary ability to get lost.

J
Old 05-09-2008, 20:23

Went last night. Awful, I'm afraid.

Aioli had clearly never seen any mayonnaise in its life. Tomatoes were tasteless. Service was bizarre and the puds were inedible.

Loads of kids running around, screaming at tops of their voices at 10pm.

Sorry - but not great!