Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-10-2008, 22:46

Default restaurants and bars visited this october

a little of my thoughts on quality, value for money and service on the places we ate and drank in this october :-

el posito - top quality sea food, not cheap but well worth every penny, the john dory and mushrooms were to die for, probs the best sea food dish i've ever eaten.

can pancho - mallorcan frito was excellent, good value.

nicos - marcos has to be one of the best waiters in pp, great manner about him, 4 of us ate here, 2 starters, 4 mains and 4 drinks 48 euro, cant be bad and food was basic but very nice.

guru - not as good as last year, would'nt be near top of my list of places to eat next year.

dakota in the square - waited 40 mins after order was placed, still no food, walked out, wont be back.

iru - very nice, expensive though, not much else to say.

more restaurants to follow

bonanza bar - may be the boys last year as lease is up for renewal, friendly but expensive for drinks, 6.50 euro for vodka, bacardi etc and coke, food good but basic, expensive too.

mulligans - good music and good atmosphere, elvis was on, vegas must be old news now.

boulevard austrailian bar - rubbish! very few customers, mostly local youths.

bonys - never noticed it before although must have walked past 100 times, went for a drink as seems popular on here with many, sorry just dont get it, 5 euro for a beer and 7 euro for a short and mixer to sit in the street and watch british tv, not for me i'm afraid, good measures though.

jk's - very nice people that run it, 3.50 euro for a large beer and 4.50 euro for a short and mixer, good value.

more to follow.

Last edited by gers1873; 19-10-2008 at 22:57.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-10-2008, 11:41

Enjoyed reading your reviews Gers - only one we have tried is Guru, May this year. It was a dreadfully wet night and we went in really to get out of the rain (wasn't actually planning to go there) but we were not disappointed with the food or service.
Interesting to read about Bonanza, although we don't eat there, we have often called in for a nightcap on the way back to the apartment, the Brothers are ever so funny, wonder what their plans are!!
Old 20-10-2008, 12:53

Default restaurants and bars visited this october - bonanca

Would be sad indeed if the guys were not to stay on at Bonanca. Been friends for a long time. Anyone got any more information at all ?

Cheers
Old 20-10-2008, 20:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by belter52 View Post
Would be sad indeed if the guys were not to stay on at Bonanca. Been friends for a long time. Anyone got any more information at all ?

Cheers
having become friends with the brothers over the last 8 or 9 years i would'nt really like to post "their business" on a public forum

watered down version is that juan is 62 next year and is retiring, raffa and miguel want to continue, the lease was up at the end of sept and the owner would prefer to sell rather than lease again, his value of the property is higher than theirs and they really would prefer to lease again for 5 years, its with the lawyers at present.
Old 20-10-2008, 20:38

ivy garden - just the wife and i on the friday night, kids left in apartment with a chinese takeway, excellent quality food, nice relaxed atmosphere in nice surroundings, expensive but was expected, i'd say worth it, customers not my type of people tbh, i'll say no more.

bodega can ferrar - very good traditional mallorcan food, good honest grub at a reasonable price.

coral - getting pricey, still got to be best bacon roll in pp though the youngest tells me, lemon sole was my choice on menu and was 1st class.

chinese on formentor rd (cant remember name) - lunch time meal del dia, 4 x 3 courses and drinks 36 euro and very tasty too, probs our best lunch in the week, too much for me at lunchtime though.

snacked at various other places at lunchtime but dont want to comment as only had lite bites, not enough to judge on.

bars

fletchers - nice owners, fair prices.

golden lion - not impressed, wont be back.

nags head - closed.

the spanish bar on the corner of square (forgot name) - cheap as chips, not too friendly staff, noticed locals pay less than us, wont be back, should be one price for all.