Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Another food diary! (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/3722-another-food-diary.html)

ironmanuk 18-08-2008 21:02

Another food diary!

Just back from a superb week in a villa between Pollenca and PP ,did not eat out as much as I expected due to the fact the villa was amazing with a wonderful terrace for al-fresco dining ,big barbeque area and even a wood fired oven!.Anyway heres how it went,

Sat -Spent 300 euros at the refurbished Eroski hopeful it would last the week (how wrong can you be!) lunch on the terrace with jamon, mahon curado cheese ,pa amb oli (with olive oil from Soller,the best) pulpo, salad ..etc and a few Cruzcampos.
Dinner on the terrace again,stuffed peppers with seafood to start followed by Hake with peppers onions tomatoes and garlic , gin and tonics ,a few beers and 2 bottles of Macia crianza(there are 4 adults by the way!)

Sun-after the morning on the beach lunch at Brisa Marina following recommendations on this site,Calamares,croquettes,stuffed mussels ,house salad ,bread and 2 beers,great honest food ,friendly service and our 2 kids (2 and 4 years) tried and liked everything.
Dinner on the terrace again with squid on the barbeque and salad ,bread etc and a bottle of Obac 05.

Mon-lunch on the terrace then Stay in the evening para dos,romantic table on the terrace ,I started with Octopus Mallorcan style followed by mixed grill of fish ,my wife had partridge raviolis followed by pork loin with a madeira /port sauce ,two glasses of cava rosado and a botle of Albarhino,I think the bill was around 130 euros,great food ,setting and service as usual.Good memories of when we got engaged here in 1997.

Tue - drove to Cas Xorc for lunch ,a boutique hotel between Soller and Deia which we wanted to show my wifes parents as we come here every year for a weekend without the kids and have been telling them how spectacular it is,3 goats cheese salads, 1 mallorcan hake and 2 fresh pastas for the kids ,bottle of albarhino,2 beers water and juice around 138 euros .
Went to Placa Major in Pollenca in the evening ,sat at Hotel Juma and just had a few tapas,frito,croquettes,pa amb oli and stuffed squid etc had a few drinks and watched the kids play in the square making friends and wishing life could be like this everyday,perfect!

Wed-took a trip to the beach at Formentor ,glad we got here early as by around 12pm 3 boat loads of people had arrived and it was getting packed so took off back to the villa ,cooked a massive seafood paella with a bottle of Macia Blanc de blancs and chilled by the pool.
Dinner at the villa ,just had a few tapas again as we were all full from lunch,bottle of Sio by bodegas Ribas ,probably the best red I had on the trip.

Thurs- Morning on the beach at the pine walk then lunch at a place I can`t remember the name of,it was next to the american diner near the vora mar supermarket,there were 2 waiters one as happy as larry but we got the one with a face liked a smacked a***,he took the drinks order then when we said we need 2 minutes to decide on the food he hung around instead of getting the drinks,everbody had a sandwich but when I asked for pa amb oli con jamon y queso he said it was not possible and I would have to order a full plate of ham and cheese and the pa amb oli I asked if the chef could put some ham and cheese on and he said no so I gave up and ordered grilled squid he then waited until the food was ready to bring the drinks which annoyed us slightly , the food was fine but the service of this particular chap put us off.
Dinner at El posito ,it was a choice between this and O`lume but we came across this one first and the kids were getting fed up of walking,all shared some starters of stuffed peppers,tumbet and frito ,the tumbet and frito were the best I have had ,followed by suckling pig for me ,skin could have been
harder but still very good,wife had fish and the kids had fish and chips ,all good food and great friendly service ,what was impressive was I was choosing between 2 wines on the list ,one was one I had not heard of and the other the Macia crianza ,the first one was around 10 euros more expensive yet the waiter told me to go for the Macia .

Fri-last day- lunch around the pool then spent the evening in Pollenca in the square at c`an olesa, did not reserve so had to wait for about a hour,kids went for pizza ,my wife had grilled squid,mother in law chicken with almonds ,father in law stuffed aubergines and I had frito mariscos,bottle of Luis Canas Rioja and coffees,very enjoyable,not sure how much it cost as my father in law got the bill!,then watched the kids play again with a empty feeling knowing we were leaving in the morning.

One of the best holidays I have had,first day back in work today still thinking about it and how long it will be until we are back again............

Mark

LK1960 18-08-2008 21:21

Great review Mark. Sounds like you all had a wonderful week. If you had lunch at Corb Mari on Thursday then I think I know exactly the waiter you're talking about - perfect description!

ironmanuk 18-08-2008 21:24

Thanks LK1960 Thats the one!

debz1 18-08-2008 21:24

Great review Mark it sounds as if you had a wonderful holiday!!

Who's the chef in your family...very impressive!! Please can I come for dinner next time you're out in PP ;)

Debs

Sharonh 18-08-2008 21:35

Brilliant review Mark.

I really enjoyed reading it. Yes - definitely Corb Mari!

Sharon

snowy2007 18-08-2008 22:15

Great Review O'Lume next trip a must

PeRu 19-08-2008 00:08

Lolvely review. It makes me smile to think that the area holds the same magic for so many people.

PeRu

Linzzzz 19-08-2008 01:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by debz1 (Post 24218)
Great review Mark it sounds as if you had a wonderful holiday!!

Who's the chef in your family...very impressive!! Please can I come for dinner next time you're out in PP ;)

Debs

Haha Debs, i was thinking the same thing - next time you can invite me to dinner on the patio - sounded idyllic!

jiggggy 19-08-2008 07:00

Great reveiws, Mark. We went to Corb Mari a couple of years ago, and we wernt too impreesed either.
1st day back in work for me too, after a fantastic 10 days in PP.
I WANNA GO BACK!!!!

sandy 19-08-2008 08:33

Mark, you're the first person I know who's been to Cas Xorc. We spent our wedding anniversary there in April and it was absolutely beautiful. The views over Soller to the sea were stunning as was the suite we booked along with the food. Well worth a visit if you have the money!

ironmanuk 19-08-2008 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linzzzz (Post 24228)
Haha Debs, i was thinking the same thing - next time you can invite me to dinner on the patio - sounded idyllic!

Everyone back to mine 2009 then!

Mark

Belladonna 19-08-2008 09:46

Please count me in - sounded just fantastic!
How long does it take to drive to Cas Xroc by the way!
Great post.:)

ironmanuk 19-08-2008 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 24236)
Please count me in - sounded just fantastic!
How long does it take to drive to Cas Xroc by the way!
Great post.:)

It`s about 50km but the roads are a bit twisty , around 45mins or a little longer if you get stuck behind a coach!

Mark

40 something 19-08-2008 21:21

Excellent post. I read this, close my eyes & I could be there again! Have I only been back in this rain soaked country for 2 weeks.....