Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008, 17:30

Default Dakota

Has anyone even been there?

Is is any good?

I dont understand how there is 3 of them, never seem to be that busy, as much as I dont want to support it, I want to know what the food is like.

Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2008, 18:24
Founder

Please only respond to this post if you have actually been there and can comment on the quality of the food. Thank you.
Old 08-08-2008, 18:56

We went there on our first night. We arrived late,dropped our bags and went to the first place we come to. It was only burger and chips, edible but nothing to write home about. We didnt use it again all holiday except for a drink. So if you only want a burger it would be ok i suppose.
Old 08-08-2008, 21:30

We have only eaten in the Dakota at the Pine walk once, last year when we had friends with three young children, although not usually our type of restaurant I would have to say the food was fine.
As for not being buzy? everytime we have passed any of the Dakota's in the last three weeks they looked very buzy indeed.

PP76
Old 08-08-2008, 22:51

We ate there first time in PP and don't know why really, mainly down to my son wanting to go there. Wouldn't pick a restaurant of this type in the Uk, from what I remember the food was ok but rather greasy for my liking. but when you are abroad all tastes have to be catered for and if you enjoy this tex-mex style of food then maybe its for you, each to their own.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:43

I went there alst night for dinner, to the one in the square. And it wasent to bad, although dont think id go again, but that is just because there is such a selection of good restaurants in the port.

Had the ribs, they were good, although probably pre-cooked and microwaved, but they were ok. the others had chicken burger which didnt seem to apealing and no one seemd to enjoy, the chicken was gray and tastless.

Price wise, I think most of there products could do with being abit cheaper, seeing as the kind of establishment it is.

You get a review card with your bill where you can rate the service, etc.

the guy in charge there was very nice, made you feel welcome, which is good.

All in all, not a bad place, but there are many many palces I would choose before it.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:58

Ate there once food going to tables looked good but didn't enjoy ours so never went back but people still eat there so something must be alright with the place
Old 09-08-2008, 14:56

We went there and food came really fast and waiter was lovely but was normal fast food and a little pricey for what was served as it was nothing special . Was still cheap though
Old 10-08-2008, 18:33

Food is very good, kids like it, my wife had a salad which was very good value, nice selection of burgers, and of couse the Mexican food which although we didn't have this year have had it before and again is very good.

Last edited by pollensa; 10-08-2008 at 20:48. Reason: have removed potentially provocative comment
Old 11-08-2008, 11:31

food is ok, however i wouldnt suggest a romantic dinner or special occasion, unless the occasion is a child's birthday.
Old 14-08-2008, 19:43

Went to the Dakota in the square on the day we arrived and although not expensive it tasted like cheap burger and chips so even the kids weren't keen to go back. Much better restaurants to try and they are not try to take over the port!
Old 14-08-2008, 20:11

Ate there one when the first one opened - Nicos was full. Was like chiquitos in the sun but without any of the things I liked about chiquitos (and that's not many) They certainly squash you in and rush you out. Battery hens have more elbow room and eat better IMO
Old 14-08-2008, 20:18

Default Dakota

We have eaten here a few times and the food is quite nice but it is expensive for what it is. Also the drinks are expensive. Our teenagers love it but we are not so keen and would prefer not to see this type of restaurant in the port. We think Nicos is a much better choice if Tex Mex is what you require. You may wish to look at my post under Two Weeks of Dining to read about our unfortunate experience with our bill at Dakota last week.
Old 14-08-2008, 21:09

We ventured in a couple of years ago after some badgering from the kids but it was awful. I will be honest in saying though that I not a great lover of tex-Mex food.There is much better grub at much better value round the corner in Centric.
Old 18-08-2008, 16:17

Don't bother with dakota's, ! If you're after mexican food, then NICO's in the square is the place. Seriously, we steer clear of all the 'fast food' type places, but we give in to our daughter's wish and would only go to Nico's. The burgers are handmade, and delicious, the fajita's are amazing.
the coconut iced liquer served up with your bill, is great too.