Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 21:21

Default Meals Out!! Part 3

Day10
Little Italy - This is one of our favourites but we were wondering wether to visit it in the busy months as we had read reports that the service can sometimes be eratic!
We booked a table for 9.00pm outside and when we arrived it was ready for us.It was just starting to get dark and there were lovely views across the bay. We ordered a large margaritta pizza to share for a starter and then I ordered seafood spaghetti, hubby and son the crab filled ravioli and daughter a small portion of spag bol. All was as usual delicious so were the puddings of profitoroles and tiramisu. (Daughter went to sit on a bed on the beach to listen to her MP3 player) With a bottle of the house white and 2 cokes the bill came to 89 euros. There is just such a lovely bustling atmosphere around this place and it's great being so close to the beach and sea.

Day11
L'Aup - We had never visted here before but as it was in walking distance of the villa where we were staying thought we would give it a try.
It is just at the turning to Cala San Vicente off the main Pollensa road.
We sat outside on a pretty terrace and ordered a bottle of house white as we decided what to order. Hubby and I had fish soup to start and the other 2 shared a portion of the spicy fish croquettes. The soup was delicious and the croquettes were definitely home made and the best I have ever tasted.( I couldn't resist one!)
Next my daughter had grilled sea bass with chips.(10 Euros),my son lamb chops (about 6 or 7) on herb roasted potatoes, Hubby suckling Pig and I had free range chicken stuffed with sun dried tomatoes and sobrassada. For dessert daughter had a chocolate ice cream and both hubby and son ordered the assortment of desserts.
Both mains and desserts were excellent. We finished off with coffees and the bill came to 137 euros but this also included another 1/2 bottle of wine and a couple of soft drinks each for the kids. Although this was our most expensive family meal I felt it was worth it considering the quality of the food and efficient service. (This is now a close 2nd to Can Costa in my favourites list)

Day12
Can Ferrer - Back to see the little people and sample the best Paella in the Port.
we had the fish and crab variety for 3, whilst daughter had a hamburger.All as usual was great. Bill a very reasonable 55 Euros which included 2 jugs of excellent sangria and a large bottle of water.

Day13
O'Lume - We have visited here a couple of times before and although we sometimes feel it is lacking in atmosphere have always enjoyed the food.
We arrived around 9.00pm on a very hot and sultry evening ,there were about 4 or 5 tables already taken. We chose a table and directed a nearby fan directly onto it!
Jamie was quite busy and although he brought us the complementary vegatable salad and our bread we waited around 30 mins before the drinks arrived. With the heat we were getting passed our selves by this time.
We had starters of fish croquettes. frita marinera and scallops au gratin, which were all tasty enough. But we were disappointed with our main courses the pork loin medallions Son and I ordered were tough and tasteless, Hubbys
fish scallop was fine as was daughters cod. We had the famous fried milk pudding but skipped coffees as we had been sat in the humid heat for 2 and 1/2 hours and needed some air! (Can't even remember what the bill was)
We were offered the usual compimentary drink and chocolates which is always a nice touch.

Day14
Il Giardino - Another favourite of ours in Pollensa square. We ordered wine and decided to skip starters so we would have room for one of their lovely desserts. Hubby had Tuna with an advocado & tomato dressing, son had duck in raspberry sauce, daughter sea bream & chips and king prawn curry for myself. All were delicious as usual and the panna cotta, apple tart and creme brulee we ordered for dessert were as good as we remembered.
Bill with a bottle of wine and soft drinks was around 110 euros.

We had a wonderful holiday and I hope you find the reviews useful. I look forward to reading more of yours
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2008, 21:29

Another great review Charlotte. It's lovely to read about other people's experiences. There still seems to be so many places I haven't tried. Thanks for your excellent posts. LK
Old 11-08-2008, 22:35

We went to L'Aup for the first time in April...It was very good.We too shared croquettes and also pate...I had the chicken and hubby the fish casserole/stew.All delicious...Didnt get there in July but possibly make a return visit in October
Old 12-08-2008, 21:14

Charlotte

Thanks for the excellent, detailed review.

Sharon