Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 21:34

Default Meals Out!! Part 2

Day 5
L'Arca- This was a return visit to this restaurant which is situated in Old Alcudia. Tables are in a delightful courtyard setting. We shared starters of mixed croquettes and vegetable flutes,both were delicious. Mains consisited of mixed meat platter (for 2), chicken salad and salmon on noodles.The platter being the best choice as the chicken salad was lacking in chicken. We skipped dessert. Overall an enjoyable meal in an ideal setting.

Day 6
Engish Day - Breakfast at Mollies (very good) before a long day on the beach. Supper back at the villa with a fish & chips takeaway from the Codfather.

Day 7
Ca 'Nolesa - This is another favourite of ours in Pollensa square. Luckily we had reserved a table as it was extremely busy. We ordered 2 portions of green peppers to share - these were very nice but hubby was disappointed that there wasn't any hot one's (when we visited in May there were lots,perhaps it's a seasonal thing?)
For mains we all had Frito Marinero which was very tasty and for my daughter for we requested a small fillet of sea bass grilled with chips.
We all ordered desserts as we have tried most of them here and all are good.
It was an enjoyable meal but we had felt rather rushed by the waitress and it ended up rather pricey as in the past they only charged 10 euros for my daughters sea bass but this time charged a full 17.90 euros!

Day 8
Brisa Marina- We had never visited this restaurant before but again decided to try it after positive comments on the forum. We decided to go for the MDD at 14.90 euros. Service here was excellent with a very friendly waiter. We started with very tasty whitebait, excellent french onion soup and a large salad. For the main course we asked what the Fish of the day was and were given the choice of John Dory, Sea bass or Sea bream and then asked if we would like the fish whole or filleted which was a nice touch. We all chose a different fish and all were excellent. There was a choice of dessert but we all chose the creme catalana which was also very good.
Daughter had a childs spag bol and the price of this meal with a bottle of the house white and 2 cokes was the cheapest all holiday at only 50 Euros!!!

Day 9
Ca'n Costa- I have often looked at this restaurant in Pollensa town but always thought it looked rather pricey but Hubby and I had a night out without son and daughter so decided to have a romantic evening.
The place is lovely inside with nice decor and much welcomed air conditioning.
We had a pre dinner g & t sat on comfy sofas and were given nuts and olives while we browsed the menu. For starters we ordered the salt and pepper king prawns on a bed of rissotto and for mains Duck for hubby and herb crusted lamb for me. The prawns were absolutely fantastic! the best we have ever tasted! The main courses didn't disappoint either hubby enjoyed the duck and the lamb which was served on colcannon melted in my mouth.
With desserts things got even better the pink peppercorn chocolate tart was divine as was the pannacotta that was served with strawberries in balsamic vinegar. We had a bottle of the house white, 2 coffee's and the total bill was 109 euros. I thought this was reasonable considering the quality of the food and surroundings. I can't wait to return and this is now( I know along with many of you) my favourite restaurant.

Final part 3 to follow..........
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2008, 00:09

I'm really enjoying reading your reviews Charlotte. We also have never tried Brisa Marina so it's on the list for September..sounds amazing value!

Glad you enjoyed Ca'n Costa, it's my favourite restaurant as well...
not a lot of people know that

Looking forward to part 3

Debs
Old 11-08-2008, 00:18

Great reviews Charlotte.

PeRu
Old 11-08-2008, 09:23

Default Meals Out!! Part 2

Hi Charlotte. I'm enjoying your reviews very much. We stopped at Brisa Marina for a cold beer on the way home from the beach in July and thought the menu looked very good and did intend to eat there. Don't know why but we never made it. I regret that now. As for Ca'n Costa, I've never eaten there, just managed a peak inside, but it looked lovely and with so many fab reviews lately I think it has to be top of the list for my birthday in October.

Can't wait for Part 3 .

LK