Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 18:40

Default 13 Nights in PP Part 2

Meal 4 – Thursday July 24

Chose Ca n’ Andreu, once again after the good reviews from the forum, we chose a table outside, next to the church, not many tables were occupied when we arrived, Susie & I opted for the MDD at 18.00 Euro for 3 courses, with wine & water, there were around 4 or 5 choices for each course. James chose grilled sardines off the starter menu, which the very attentive staff quite happily added chips to, as it was his only course, the girls shared a child’s spaghetti bolognaise. The children had the usual soft drink.

Susie chose the melon with Serrano ham to start, nothing out of the ordinary but perfectly edible, James enjoyed a good proportion of the ham!! I chose the Mallorcan fritto, it was tasty although rather heavy on the oil, with a lot of residual oil left on the plate, perhaps its meant to be that way! James enjoyed his sardines; he likes stripping them down to the bone & holding them by the head! The girls enjoyed their spaghetti. For main course Susie chose lamb in honey, which she found very enjoyable, I chose sole in a caper sauce, which was fine but I could not detect a great deal of caper flavouring, both came with the usual vegetables & boiled potatoes. For desert Susie chose chocolate cake, I chose a brulee.

The bill came to an extremely reasonable 52 Euro, the evening was very pleasant, three staff looked after us, two ladies, one man, all were very attentative without being intrusive.

Friday July 25

A late one around the pool and ate in.

Meal 5 – Saturday July 26

Can Ferra was the venue, once again chosen after reading rave reviews on the forum about its paella, sangria & aloi.

Susie & I (unsurprisingly) chose paella! Jim a huge mixed grill, Lily a burger & chips, Grace chicken nuggets & chips. Drinks were the usual coke/ lemonade for the children & a litre of sangria for us. The aloi was indeed good, as was the sangria!

Jims mixed grill was huge, chops/ beef & pork steaks, chicken and more than I can remember which he some how managed to put away, the girls enjoyed their respective burger & nuggets.

The paella was good, with a range of prawns, mussels, squid & meat.

With water the bill was 60 Euro.

Meal 6 – Sunday July 27

Tonight it was Brisa Marina, for the first time on the holiday we ate inside, we were seated upstairs, James stated once sat down that it was “well posh”. Susie & I opted once again for the MDD at 14.95 Euro including wine & water. James chose grilled pork & chips from the children’s menu, (possibly still full from his gargantuan meal from the previous evening!) The girls had chicken nuggets & chips.

Susie chose the mixed salad for starter, with egg, black olives etc which was rather bland, I had the deep fried white bait, which I enjoyed, as did the children!

For main Susie had chicken fillet in a mushroom sauce with potatoes & vegetables which she said was fine, I had the grilled hake which was plain & simple.

Susie chose crème brulee for desert which she loved; I had a chocolate mouse accompanied by squirtly cream.

The bill came to 49 Euro, very good value and the couple of Spanish families I saw eating there, emphasised the place is held in high regard.

Meal 7 – Monday July 28

A lunch at Café Espanyol is an institution in our family and today was the day. We ducked out of the searing heat of the old town & under an umbrella in the main square. We had a round of soft drinks whilst we browsed the menu, Susie commented that the waiter had worked here for years & did not seem to age, I suggested a stress free life may help! Jim was happy with a plate of chips; the girls shared a bacon & cheese toasty, Susie had a tuna baguette, I had a cheese & bacon baguette, both garnished with olives, we shared a portion of chips. It was all very civilised as we people watched whilst nibbling away, the children would get up, have a run around the square then retreat back under the shade of the parasol.

With a further round of drinks, the bill came to 33 Euro.

We had a late one at the beach that evening & had dinner at home.

Still to come a return visit to the old town, an aborted visit to Los Zarzales, a poor experience at Hotel Galleon & James rejects his fish fingers on a return visit to Ca n’ Andreu!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2008, 19:26

Default 13 Nights in PP Part 2

Can't wait for Part 3. What a great review and a lovely read!

LK
Old 09-08-2008, 19:46
Super Moderator

Thanks 40 something, excellent review looking forward to the next part.
Old 09-08-2008, 22:12

Really enjoyed reading parts 1 and 2 , looking forward to the next instalment. Also glad to hear that an old favourite C`an Ferrer is as good as ever.
Regards TT.
Old 10-08-2008, 18:08

Brilliant review 40 Something. I am really looking forward to the rest!

Sharon