Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-07-2008, 12:32

Default July eateries

Eating out part 1
First night in the town so we decided to go to one of our favourites from last year Can Olesa in the square, we had Gazpaco, Padron peppers for starters and 3 pizzas for main, excellent as usual. Two vodka and cokes, two lemonades, two large beers and two coffees for 60 Euros. Afterward drinks in lilla in the square, large beer costs 3.50, vodka and coke 5.50.

Second night we went to Il Gardino, sat inside as it was busy, we had two Bruscheta and one honed goats cheese and rocket salad, and for mains mushroom Ravioli in cream sauce, pine nut and basil spaghetti, tagliatelle with sundried tomatoes and garlic. Two beers two lemonades and a bottle of red Macia Batle cost 80 Euros

Third night we went to the port the port and went to our favourites there Tiberi. Great atmosphere there again, very friendly staff. Had Padron peppers, onion rings and tempera vegetables for starters, followed by two Thai stir fried vegetables in a coconut sauce, and one roasted vegetable pasta, bottle of red wine two large beers, two cokes, water cost 80 Euros

Fourth night barbecue at the villa followed by drinks at the hotel Juma, drinks beer 3.50, vodka and coke 6.50.

Fifth night anniversary so went to a special place La Font De Gall just up from the square, this is probably our favourite place in the town, the food is absolutely fabulous, and the people are so friendly.
We had butternut squash risotto with roasted leeks, vegetable soup and baked fennel with pears with a rocket salad. For mains we had two wild mushroom open ravioli and one goats cheese with roasted vegetable in filo pastry with a spinach sauce. For sweet we had berry sorbet, key lime pie with berry sorbet and one sticky toffee pudding. Two beers, two lemonades and a bottle of Rosado Maria Batle, all for 100 Euros, excellent value and the best tasting food by far.

Tonight we are off to Manducaís before heading back to town for the Marcha Fresca, where the square is transformed into a night club and everyone wears white, great fun I hope.
Sponsored Links
Old 31-07-2008, 13:29

Wonderful to hear from you, sws!!!

Your meals sound great and I'd like to include them in the Vegetarian Eating out ideas in the Restaurant Reference guide.

I remember the Marcha Fresca from two years ago - we wondered what on earth was going on!

Enjoy the rest of your hols!
Old 31-07-2008, 14:35
Founder

I hope I haven't got this wrong but looking at what you ate I assume there are 3 of you? I just thought this would be useful for people to know who are wondering about prices. If not you are 2 very hungry people!

Thanks for all the detailed information. (Just had Torrential rain in Colchester! )
Old 31-07-2008, 18:55

I'm glad youre having a good time, sws. enjoy the rest of it!
Your meals sound delicious.
I'll be there tomorow!!!
Old 31-07-2008, 19:05

Oh sws reading your comments just made me wish I was there!

Ah well this time tomorrow night I will be in the sky and a little bit closer to pp
Old 31-07-2008, 21:17

SWS

Thanks for the great veggie review. I am also a vegetarian and also list as my favourite restaurants the ones you have mentioned.

I am looking forward to your review of Manduca as I have never eaten there.

Sharon
Old 02-08-2008, 13:46

Hi SWS - nice to hear you are having a great time! Looking forward to hearing more!

Lala
Old 11-08-2008, 12:53

Hi Sharonh
didn't make it to manduca as forgot it is closed on Mondays
Old 12-08-2008, 12:51

Thumbs up eateries July/August part 2 El Mojito

Just to clear up we were in fact a group of three, not a hungry group of two, so prices for three.

We were hoping to eat at Manducas but they were closed, but ready the reviews elsewhere it was probably for the best, the menu defiantly seemed to have changed. Anyway we decided to go to El Mojito, one of our favourites although there have been negative comments about it. The owner welcomed us and found us a table, he seemed to recognise us, or you like to think they do. A good choice of vegetarian dishes as usual so we decided to go with gazpachio, melon and port and garlic bread for starters and I went for tumbet, which I had before and was great, and wife and son shared the vegetable paella. We had a nice bottle of wine for 18.50 euros and with two beers and a large lemonade the bill came to 83 euros. The gazpachio was homemade and almost the best I have ever had, and as for the tumbet it was the best dish of food I think I have ever had in a restaurant, it just melted in the mouth and tasted sublime. The paella also got the thumbs up but the only problem with both was the portion size, enormous, hence no deserts. This truly was one of the best eating experiences we have had in the port, the food and service was faultless. I did hear a few complaints from other table, but some people do not seem to be happy unless they do, one table was complaining about the steak not being cooked, they has asked for a rare one so what do they expect, and one said that the chicken was tasteless, they got away with out paying so I suppose they went away happy. Morale is always go for the veggie option. This was the start of the heat wave and staff as well as customers were starting to suffer, the poor waiters were running around sweating and trying their best. As we left I made a point of telling the owner how good the food was, and we decided then we would be back.
Old 12-08-2008, 13:07

Default Cala St Vicente - Bistro Mar

We had a day at Cala St Vicente, on the beach first then decided to have lunch there, it was in the mid 30's by then so even just walking around was beginning to be a chore, so we headed for the resturant with the most shade which seemed to be the Bistro Mar above the Cala Molins beach next to the torrent. It is a modern looking place with a definite bistro feel, nice music and decor, posh plates and cutlery. We went for the tapas menu and had Tortilla, patata bravas, pan de ajo, patata fritas and trempo. All was very nice, all fresh cooked and real chips as well. The full menu looked equally tasty well worth and evening trip, but I would recommend booking as I am sure it is very popular at night. With four soft drinks and a bottle of water came to 32 euros which was great value considering it was so fresh and tasty. Definatly worth a return trip next time.
Old 12-08-2008, 13:33

Default And finally

The following week we had return trips to our two favorites in the town, Ca níOlesea and Il giardino, both excellent as usual but before long it was the last two nights.
We went back to El Mojito in the port for the last meal there, food was absolutely beautiful again, I had the paella this time which now takes pride of place as the best paella in the port beating the long time holder of the title, Tangos by a long way, then a trip around the boats before heading back to the town for a night cap, a great last night in the port.

Next day it had to be back to La Fond del Gall in the town for the final dinner, once again they didnít let us down superb food and such friendly service, you cant fault it, we feel like friends there now instead of guests, quite a few night caps in the cafe Iíille in the square before heading home, a great last night in the town.

The final day so we decided to have lunch at Manducas before heading to the airport. Once again disappointment, not open again at 12.45 on a Saturday. Anyway headed for Gurus as we hadnít made it there yet. We went for nachos onion rings and gazpacho, for starters and pizza and pasta with gardens vegetables, with three soft drinks came to about 60 euros. Great fresh food, quite a lot of locals in as well, worth and evening trip if only there were enough nights.

Anyway general thoughts, prices the same as last year, food seemed better, but less waiters working in some places so they had to rush around, not a good idea when its 39oC, and portions seemed huge, much too much to eat comfortable. Didnít have a bad meal anywhere as usual, except when we went to the airport and got some sandwiches and drinks at the first cafe there, food was disgusting and at 25 euros for two sandwiches, three packets of crisps and three drinks a rip off, its not called Ars for nothing. So I hope you all enjoy your food there, still a great choice of places to eat, something for everyone.
Old 12-08-2008, 21:22

sws97sdg

Thanks for the brilliant veggie reviews. I really enjoyed reading them. I can't wait to get out to PP again. The choice for veggies is excellent.

Sharon
Old 13-08-2008, 16:31

Hi sws97sdg
Great review of veggie options, just what I'm looking for!
Many thanks
NV