Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 16:02

Default Manducca

I know that there is another post on this but I can't find it!!

We have just got back from PP (now in post holiday depression) and I had to post on Manducca. We have always really enjoyed this restaurant but what has happended to it this year. Oh I know - they have taken on the Gok Wan lookalike who couldn't organise his way out of a paper bag!!

It is such a shame as the food is really good but he seems more bothered about the way he looks and making sure that his pals are ok that he seems to forget that it is the customers who pay his wages.

We went the first time and just thought it was a bad night so decided to give them a second chance. The other staff are great but he really lets the team down and it is spoiling the restaurant.

We know it gets busy so called by earlier in the evening of our first visit to book and were told that they didn't take bookings. We called back and luckily got a table so all was ok. He brought my husbands starter and main course at the same time thinking that he wanted two starters (one was a pizza!). After our meal we waited ages for the plates to be cleared, dessert menu to be offered, etc..
As I said, we went a second time. We arrived to find 4 empty tables outside, so were delighted. We asked for a table for 6 and were told that the four outside were booked so we would have to wait! Obviously just didn't like taking a booking from us!
He was a little better at the beginning of the evening but after an hour or so, some friends of his arrived and he then proceeded to virtually ignore the rest of the restaurant and leave the other staff to run about.

This restaurant still serves lovely food at a good price but they need a new manager (or front of house) otherwise people won't go back and that would be a great shame.

Interestingly we saw the man who used to be at Manducca at Makassars which is definitely a gain for them.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2008, 20:57

Default Manducca

Oh dear. We attempted to go to Manducca twice in July - on the first occasion it was closed and on the second we were also told they didn't take bookings so we didn't bother in the end. We usually really like it here but sounds like it's not so good this year. I wondered where the other man had gone - he never seemed to be there anytime we walked past.
Old 12-08-2008, 21:12

I was planning on trying Manducca during my next visit - maybe not!
Old 14-08-2008, 20:21

Used to be a favouite of ours despite the slow service but this year we only had one meal there. New - and admittedly more attractive - staff but something was missing. I don't know what - missed the guy that used to be there - he always had a smile for us. The newer "models" only had smiles for my pretty 12 year old niece.

They had reverted to their old menu - still lots of old favourites though but the food was somehow just ok. That is except one dish which was a really unpleasant rice thing. When we tried to complain we got a shrugged shoulders and a suggestion that we order something different the next time

Sorry guys - I've always recommended this place but it was a disappointment to me this year. We will probably give it another go for old times sake - one day.

Lala