Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   The Fussies hit town part IV(15 -17 July) (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/3534-fussies-hit-town-part-iv-15-17-july.html)

TheFussies 19-07-2008 12:39

The Fussies hit town part IV(15 -17 July)

15th July It was The Friends last night and their choice so it was the The Ivy Garden. Only visited this restaurant once and I'd have to say the food was satisfactory if a little pricey from recollection also I've noticed some unfavourable comments recently but not wishing influence the group did not mention this. The problems, table did not have side plates, seating was director's chairs which may be fine for some are rather low for the table, menu's were not left at table when we were seated (we had to ask for menu's when waitress arrived to take orders). When wine was ordered then poured Mr Friend asked if they had wine coolers, yes they did. After about what seemed like ten minutes I offered the suggestion yes they do have wine coolers but we failed to ask the supplementary question could we have one? We asked the question and got one.

The food nice bread, pickles and olives hence reason side plates might be in order.
Starters for me chorizo and hummuos, none for Mrs Fussy, Friends tomato and pepper soup. Mains Lamb tangine for me, vegetable lasangne for Mrs Fussy with friends the chilli and potato wedges. I was more than happy with the food the lamb tangine was beautiful friends less so with the chilli but it was edible. Wine was good enough to order a second bottle, well now that we had a wine chiller we had to use it. No desserts no coffees cost 75 euros a couple.

16 July Having missed out on the jazz at the Hotel Sant Jordi we decided to visit La Placeta the hotels bistro restaurant. A nice setting but unfortuantely only one other diner when we arrived. Started with gazpacho for me, Mrs & Miss shared a goats cheese and walnut salad (very good) mains consisted of a lamb shank for me, lentil chilli for Miss Fussy, and chicken stuffed with dates for Mrs Fussy. Miss Fussy was either very hungry or very pleased with her selection as she cleared her plate. Lamb was very good, chicken was a tad dry for Mrs Fussy but coupled with a good white wine she ate most of it. Finished off with coffee before returning to the port. Cost for three 65 euros

17 July - The last night, a big decision, always we return to one that has pleased us during our visit, been twice already to O Lume and it doesn't have the setting so we elected to visit Tribeca as all the Fussies can eat something there. There were some minor problems though, Tribeca owners had had to return to UK for 4 days leaving Maureen and Kenny in sole charge which made some issues regarding service during evening with what was essentially a full restaurant. In addition this had to be the evening that a number of families were present with children. When children become bored they often become noisy well to other diners at least. Having said all that the food was up to the usaul high standard and worth the wait.

Starters pear beetroot salad & mussels mains sea bass, chicken in mustard sauce and filo pastry and goats cheese. This was rounded off by a fine bottle of wine and a couple of coffees 85 euros. Despite minor problems we would all return a fine end to our holiday.

The Fussies have already rebooked apartments for next year so we'll be back

Sparky 19-07-2008 13:49

Thanks for the reviews Fussies it made very good reading. Glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday and that you will be back next year.:D

Sharonh 19-07-2008 14:43

Great reviews! Thanks.

Sharon

Mark1875 20-07-2008 07:53

I dont think you are Fussy at all, great read and had me salivating about my trip mext week.

Portofan 20-07-2008 10:45

Hi to the Fussies!

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for your posts.

As soon as I saw the name , I thought "this will be good", and so it has been.

The style, the comments, the telling it as it is, and of course knowing at least some of the restaurants, helps too.

So pleased you enjoyed, and are rebooked for next year.

May I ask that you continue to post on any topics, many will look forward to your posts!;)

shotokan 23-07-2008 22:35

thanks for your entertaining and informative posts...luv 'The Fussies' title!