Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-07-2008, 17:59

Default Guru

Has anyone mentioned Guru - I know in the past the reaction has been mixed but we went on our 2nd to last night in June....With quite low expectations. We chose the blackboarded specials (I had a delicious and massive plateful of chicken stuffed with a lovely garlic and cheese concoction and Mrs Wacker had some lovely lamb - both with sauteed potatoes and fresh veg - not that horrible pre blanched stuff you get in a lot of places - and our 2 year old had fresh chicken breast goujons with chips). It was all absolutely lovely and the service and atmosphere was just great. Can't remember what it cost but it was really reasonable considering the quality....
Sponsored Links
Old 17-07-2008, 19:08

likewise, eaten there many times and never been able to fault the food, service sometimes not so friendly on the odd ocassion but they were very busy to be fair
Old 18-07-2008, 11:34

We had a lovely meal there last year and it is on our list for visiting this year too. The food was really good and very friendly service.
It is owned by the same guy that owns Tiberi and Massakers.
Old 18-07-2008, 12:21
Founder

See http://puertopollensa.com/restaurantguru/ for more details and a sample menu.
Old 18-07-2008, 12:24

Thats right it is, the year it was opened the owner who knows us now asked us top go and try it and gave us free drinks when we went, we went and really enjoyed it, the food is good quailty, we have been back a few times and enjoy it each time
Old 18-07-2008, 14:10

Please may I post the inevitable question......where is Guru?
Old 18-07-2008, 14:17
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
Please may I post the inevitable question......where is Guru?
It's on the Formentor road. If you look at the link for the restaurant above you'll see a map below the menu.
Old 19-07-2008, 19:24

At last - I have often put excellent reports onto this site about Guru - realistic prices, excellent fresh food and friendly service. It is run by Ramon, the chef, and his lovely wife Concepcion, who tends to stay behind the bar and do the bills and drinks. 7 of us went there last night and almost all had different options and not one complaint - chicken strips with mandarin sauce was fantastic as was the special of the day ´veal with pepper sauce´ and the pasta tallarines with prawns in cava sauce-. They were very busy but the service was fast and the food was piping hot. The place is full every night with often people standing on the street waiting for a table - for a more peaceful experience I would suggest going after about 2130 as earlier it is very popular with larger families with young children. BON APETIT.
Old 23-07-2008, 20:30

We have just returned from first visit to PP. We ate in Guru twice, and found it excellent. Good for the kids as well, and they were friendly. It was one of the best meals and very good value.
Old 24-07-2008, 21:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
Thats right it is, the year it was opened the owner who knows us now asked us top go and try it and gave us free drinks when we went, we went and really enjoyed it, the food is good quailty, we have been back a few times and enjoy it each time
SWS,

Just browsing and came upon your post. When we first bvisited PP, we stayed in a flat above, what was then the ROTONDA, it failed two years later and re-opened as GURU. Many a happy siesta listeneing to the music blaring out in the afternoon while the evening service was being preped.

Ate there a few times and had a fantastic last night meal there two years back. But, In May this year, My wife and I asked for a table for two (yes busy), were seated, and totally ignored for twenty minutes. I do not care what anyone else thinks, I do not accept that kind of service or standard.

We walked out. sad really.

jimbo
Old 25-07-2008, 10:00

Default Guru

We ate in Guru for the first time last Saturday night and chose to try it based on the fact that every time we walked past it was really busy with both tourists and locals and from what we could see the food looked good.

We booked a table for 5 at 9pm which was ready when we arrived and there were also people waiting on the pavement outside. The menu is quite varied which is good when you have awkward teenagers to consider. We shared bread and olives, nachos, pimentos padron and onion rings with dip to start. For mains we had chicken with mandarin sauce, sea bream with rice and veg and three types of pizza. With a bottle of house rosado, a small jug of sangria, 3 water and 2 soft drinks the bill came to 102.45 euro and was delivered to our table with complimentary schnapps. The service was definitely on the slow side, but to be honest it was much the same everywhere we went and we liked the buzz of the place. We all enjoyed our meals and by the time we left after 11 the restaurant had completely filled up again with spanish families. We would return here.

LK
Old 25-07-2008, 10:29

Hi LK1960,

It's sounds like a nice place but I've never heard of it. We like to try places we havn't tried before. Where is it exactly?
Old 25-07-2008, 10:33

Sory, didn't realise there were 2 pages for the Guru post. I know where it is now.
Old 22-06-2009, 16:59

Hello here I am again, putting in a word for a great little restaurant after this year's visit to PP. Guru still great, staff still great, great for adults and kids alike as the menu (particularly the specials) is lovely for grown ups, but there's also a really good kids menu as well. Good mix of people, some families, some couples etc, tourists and locals. Did notice that they've become more family friendly though (good thing for us with a 3yr old) , probably in an effort to bring in more punters. They now have a really lovely manageress (at least I think she was, she couldnt speak a word of English and my Spanish is pathetic) who dishes out the crayons and drawing pads when you sit down. The kids then do the drawings/colouring in and get to stick their works of art inside the restaurant - went down a storm. Anyway, just though I'd refresh everyone's memory about it as it's a nice place.
Old 22-06-2009, 18:27

I am so glad you have resurected this post Wacker as Guru is my favourite place in PP. I love sitting watching the locals buzzing about in the side streets. The atmosphere is fine and staff have always been lovely. We went in May and I had the salmon in leek and walnut sauce which was delicious, the rice that comes with it is the best I have ever had anywhere. My son still talks of the calazoni he had last year and was jealous that I had been without him whilst he had a Pot Noodle whilst left back at home Hopefully I will be back in PP in September and Guru will be the my choice of menu for our first night out.