Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-04-2010, 19:54

Default Blood Brothers ??

Life's strange , ain't it ??

Didn't even know Snowy six month's ago but now find out we have so much in common and met through this very forum . Both love the best footy team in the country ( Watford ) , married within six weeks of each other for 40 years at nearly adjacent churches, had our wedding suits made at the same tailors, reception at the same venue, went on the pull to the same honey haunts , his wife's aunt was a neighbour of me Mum & Dad ........ It's like finding yer long lost twin brother after most of yer life !!!!

So it was really spooky to find out we'd both voted for the same wines at the Pollenca Wine Fira yesterday afternoon.

We took the bus in and by 4.30 p.m. were getting down to some serious tasting . Thirty eight stalls of Mallorquian wines ( reds, whites and blancos ) all set out in the lovely setting of Pollenca Cloisters . For five Euros entrance you get a free wine glass , nice carrier bag and wine guide plus pencil for jotting down your findings ( to be honest this goes by the board after about six tastings !!!! ) . Anyway at about seven thirty ( exhausted by spitting so much wine out !!! ) we head up to the main square for a couple of large beers to refresh our palates and onto El Temple for din dins.

Went for meal of the day at 16 Euros ( wine extra) and all , apart from me, went for wild mushrooms cooked with garlic followed by pork iberican in a red wine jus ( I mean there's just soooo much booze you can take !!!! ). I had a vegetable crepe ( grossly overcooked ) followed by a pretty tasty beef stew . Think my companions thought their sauce/jus was too pungent but the meat cooked well. We washed it down with copious amounts of very good house redwine followed by chocolate mousse.

When we had coffee , the lovely patron left a full bottle of brandy on our table , which, Snowy and I , being the sociable souls we are, decided we were'nt going to offend him by not trying a glass or three !!!!

Total bill about 50 Euros per couple, nice place and bags of atmosphere being Saturday night . Food OK but probably unfair to judge on one visit .

Tried to get a cart and horse to take Snowy home , but couldn't get up the narrow cobbled streets so we sort of carried each other back to the cab rank.

He ain't heavy, he's my brother !!!!

BonysLad
Sponsored Links
Old 18-04-2010, 20:03

What a brilliant post BL......sounded like a great time......So you won't mind putting him up now for a few days if needs be
Old 18-04-2010, 21:25

Lol @ favie! Nicely said! It is truely amazing how like minded souls find themselves eventually, you two make a great couple! The day sounds great, just how it should have been and I hope the headaches are not to bad now. I just pity the long suffering BLadette and Snowylady. Great report BL.
Old 18-04-2010, 22:16

Brilliant post BL!! How jealous are we that we couldn't be there with you all

Instead we had our very own wine Fira in the garden with the friends that should have been with us in PP...they are from Watford as well! The weather was warm and sunny and no sign of any volcanic ash in the clear blue sky! I even managed to cook lunch (between tastings) and was voted the top eating place in Bucks ( for one day only!!!) I even volunteered to sing for them but they declined my kind offer

Tell snowy he's welcome to doss at ours if he promises not to hold all night parties and doesn't let the rif raff in!!! Also if he can redecorate before he leaves it would be much appreciated

Last edited by debz1; 18-04-2010 at 23:30.
Old 18-04-2010, 22:50

Debz - anybody is welomce to doss at our our place if they redecorate - they could be there until the next eruption some where in the globe though
Old 18-04-2010, 23:05

So glad you didn't miss out totally on the wine then debz, hope they were Mallorcan wines - always go down well with friends in any country! Missed out again. As for the singing
Old 18-04-2010, 23:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
It is truely amazing how like minded souls find themselves eventually

Love that line Bella.....it is indeed truly amazing how you all met throught the forum......sounds like amazing friendships!

PS Do you think the Blood Brothers are snoring in unison right now after all that wine!!
Old 19-04-2010, 13:31

LOL! More than likely, and with the Blood Sisters standing over them with pillows at the ready!
And yes, these friendships just get stronger and more get added over time
Old 19-04-2010, 14:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by favie View Post

PS Do you think the Blood Brothers are snoring in unison right now after all that wine!!
Favie,

Don't underestimate us , we were back boozing by midday Sunday and a great liquid lunch in El Posito by 1.30 Sunday !!!! That's another tale for a seperate post !!!!

BonysLad
Old 19-04-2010, 15:19

Wow.....how I envy your stamina!! Oh! to be young!

Look forward to your next tale then....El Posito is on my list for this year.
Old 19-04-2010, 17:37

"Oh to be young"!!!!! At heart maybe! Never yet tried El Posito - hope we dont get banned by association!
Old 22-04-2010, 15:21

Banned we told him to dust the chairs before you arrive and sweep up the dog ends of the floor. Oh what a lunch that was. Now back in good old UK and its back to Pams cooking wonderful as it is.
Old 22-04-2010, 20:02

Serioiusly we had a wonderful, wonderful lunch ( Thanks Tony , sorry about Barca !!!! ) . Arrived about 1.30 p.m. pre prandial beer with Tony. MODD about 16 Euros . Flaky pasty seafood and fish dish, wonderful !!! . Followed by Suckling pig ( Snowy , got confused and thought he'd ordered squid !!!!! ).Loads of Tony's wonderful vino !!! All followed by lovely deserts and a few brandies.

Must have been about 4 p.m. when Tony kicked us out . (Well to be honest folks. he kicked Snowy out !!!!)

chat with Sparky & Colin who were about two hours behind our time zone !!!

Great, great restaurant

BonysLad