Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-07-2008, 15:18

Default dining experience 1st to 14th july pt 2

la fortalesa

wife had usual, my eldest and i had crab crocquettes for starters, my main was rabbit and onions, kids had usual. chocolate mouse type dessert and ice creams for the kids. 3 glasses wine, water and diet cokes, bill under 75 euros. i could have eaten here for the whole fortnight and worked my way through the menu. fantastic restaurant, fantastic host - very helpful and informative, food thoroughly enjoyed and just had to return again.

2nd time, wife usual, eldest had crab crocquettes i had prawns in light batter. eldest main, childs portion of rabbit and onions and i had the stuffed pork loin wrapped in cabbage. youngest had usual. ice creams for children. and the usual wine water and diet cokes. bill roughly the same

honestly couldnt recommend this place enough, very good food and reasonable prices and just to top it off passed by the daina and there was a guy playing acoustic guitar cant remeber his name but we promptly took a seat, ordered drinksss and had a very enjoyable evening.

tribeca
wife had usual, i unfortunately had a late lunch so didnt order starters my main was fillet steak in peppercorn sauce. kids usual and usual drinks. excelllent food in a lovely chilled restaurant. returned for a 2nd visit, ordering the same as above, and had starter of tuna and cumin fishcake and side order of wok fried greens. only negative comment we could give this place was that it was extremly poor value for money, but to contradict, well worth a visit. would certainly return.

torre playa
wife usual, my main was shoulder of lamb. kids usual. we ate here twice last year because it was so good. disappointment this year.

we also ate in luna del mia chinese, kashmir indian, tex mex in square i wanted to try nicos but kids over ruled me (bloody baloon and party bag!), however the pork loin and chicken skewer with peppercorn sauce was gorgeous so i suppose i was happy enough. chinese average. kashmir good. also ate in little italy but have repoted on that elsewhere.

whilst pp is generally reported to be more expensive that other spanish destinations, i found that it was the strength of the euro that made it expensive this year. a wonderful time was had by all and will most definately return.

regards

gary

ps anyone know a butcher who could lend me a bacon slicer. i need to take a good ride on one
Sponsored Links
Old 17-07-2008, 19:42

Gary

Thanks for the excellent postings. I have never eaten in Tribeca but have it on my list for August - or possibly October when my parents (aka babysitters!) will be with us.

Sharon
Old 17-07-2008, 19:53

Default tribeca

would definately recommend it, but as said - poor portions - make sure you order the side portion of wok'd greens - yummie, and as for the tuna fish cake, yummie yummie. the lamb looked delicious also, but i abstained as dont like mint sauce and somehow i think it needed to be ordered that way.

do enjoy as im sure you will

regards

gary
Old 18-07-2008, 08:22

Sharon - I'd avoid the steak. Twice I have had Pedigree Chum (and the last visit it was terribly under-done and then incinerated) but the burgers and pasta are good. Agree with Gary that the portions are small.
Old 18-07-2008, 20:10

Thanks for the tip Lala.

I will definitely avoid the steak - I am a veggie!

Seriously though my husband always goes for steak when we are out so I will pass on the info.

Sharon
Old 19-07-2008, 10:21

Scrap all that - I am being a complete twit. It was thinking of TIBERI and it is there that the steak was a poor quality cut.

Sorry TRIBECA - and sorry guys for the confusion!

Lala