Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Eating Venues part 2. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/3503-eating-venues-part-2-a.html)

JEPSET 17-07-2008 10:31

Eating Venues part 2.

Cantonet. This one really gets the thumbs down. Lovely venue in the old town. The food was less than ordinary and there wasn't much of it either! One of our party had something off the extensive ravioli menu as a main course when it arrived there was maybe 5 little parcels, not much for a growing boy! Once again the staff were lovely but the food very disapointing.

Can Cuarassa. We must have driven past this place hundreds of times over the years, but never ventured in. Having read a really good review on the forum before going on holiday thought it might be a good place for lunch on our last day. The menu of the day i think was 29 euros and worth every penny. We sat outside sort of, it was very hot so the waiter pulled over a type of canvass so we were in the shade but got the nice breeze. Back to the food 3 courses wine, water, coffee and liquers. Fantastic!!! Wished we had tryed it sooner. I understand stay is under the same ownership, so that will be on the list for next time.
Have to just add. some of our best evenings were spent lazing around the wonderful villa ours for just 2 weeks. Enjoying the lovely warm evenings, barbeques, glass of wine or two!!! In the company of our daughter, sorry i just have to share this with you. i have to tell everyone, Whilst on holiday she found out after 3 years of very hard work she got a 1st class honours degree in law!!!! We are so proud of her.
Anyway look forward to reading lots of postings over this summer period. Happy holidays!!!!

sws97sdg 17-07-2008 10:51

Hi jepset
Firstly congratulations to your Daughter, it must have been hard work for her, you are rightly very proud of her.
Really enjoyed your posts, we are going next weekend to the town and eat at must of the ones you tried, especially La Font Del Gall which is our favourite and never fails to impress us every time we go.
Glad you had a great time. :)

debz1 17-07-2008 11:35

Jepset great news about your daughter you must feel so proud!

Loved your review..Ca'n Costa is my favourite restaurant as well, closely follwed by Los Zarzales. I agree about the saltinessof the food in Los Z although this has only been a problem in the last few months. I think the 'head waitress with the lovely smile' you mentioned must be Yolanda, who is in fact the owner! I'm going out tomorrow and will mention that people have been complaining although I know she reads this forum. She will be mortified !!

Debs

Sparky 17-07-2008 11:45

Hi Jepset, many congratulations to your daughter. Debz it would be great if you have a word with Zarzales owner re:saltiness, hubby and i have thought about trying it but we have to be really careful with salt. The recent posts have put us off going there.:eek:

JH02JLH 17-07-2008 12:21

Great reviews, jepset. I'm really glad you included Cantonet as I was planning to eat there again this year. We had a disappointing experience there a couple of years ago so I'm doubtful as to whether we'll go back after your review. It's a shame because we had a fantastic first meal there just after I joined the PP forum in 2004 and the location is wonderful.

Thanks very much and congratulations to your daughter for doing so well!

Jane:)

Sharonh 17-07-2008 19:31

Jepset

Thanks for the review. I was considering trying Cantonet on my next visit - but maybe not!

Well done to your daughter.

Sharon

jiggggy 18-07-2008 01:25

Jepset's daughter got a 1st class honours degree!!!! Yay!!:D well done!
We've been meaning to try Can Cuarassa, as you said , it is owned by the same peeps as Stay, which is our fav restaurant.