Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-07-2008, 12:56

Default Part one eating venues

Hello to all other Pollensa lovers. Have been a fan of this site for sometime dipping in and out for ideas on places to eat ect. As for the web cam, how addictive is that!!!
Anyway just returned after two wonderful weeks staying in a fab villa close to the old town. Just thought i would post my thoughts on the places we ate at.
La font del gall first port of call. As always the food and the service were excellent. Mr jepset always has the haggis and the lemon and orange cheese cake is sublime.
A first for us was can costa. WOW!!! The food was perfect. the presentation the attention to detail the service it was all just fab so much so we just had to try it again equally good. It goes to the top of places to eat list. the steak melts in the mouth prawns with saffron rice scrumcious and the sorbet with the vodka shot and the toffee spoon were delicious!!! I can't rate this place highly enough. The wierd thing was,there was hardly anyone else there. I know it's a bit on the expensive side about 220 euros for 4 adults. thats 3 courses with wine. Still suprised more people haven't discovered it!
Los Zarzales. Loved the little courtyard setting. this was also a first for us. Mr jepset had the lamb said it was the best he had tasted [praise indeed!!] I have to say like a few others have said on the forum i found the veg too salty. The head waitress had such a lovely smile we went back a second time. It was a Saturday night, very busy the food took for ever that was ok we weren't in a rush but it wasn't that good. the lamb which had so impressed was burnt. It is such a lovely venue we will give it another try next visit.
Clivia. This is a place that is being struck off our must visit list. The food is very good but sometime that is just not enough. I don't know if anyone else has the same feeling of being rushed. Once the food is ordered it seems one mad rush there is no let up no sooner have you put fork down after finishing the starter the mains are
slapped in front of you! Poor chap on the next table was still chewing the l
ast mouthful when his plate got wipped away! Part two to follow.
Sponsored Links
Old 16-07-2008, 13:41

Smile

Loved reading your part 1 review C'an Costa really is good and like you the night that we went in June the place was nearly empty. Still ,does not detract from the excellent service and great food.

Will never understand why certain restuarants want to rush you out the door unless you are in a fast food joint. Makes you think twice about going back again.

Looking forward to part 2 .

Cheers
Scotty Lady
Old 16-07-2008, 16:37

Thanks for the excellent review Jepset.

I have always been reluctant to try Can Costa as there is never much, if anything, on the menu outside for vegetarians. Does anyone who eats there regularly know if they have a reasonable vegetarian selection?
Old 17-07-2008, 02:05

Welcome to the forum, JEPSET. I might try Los Zarzales in Aug.