Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Tangos (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/3491-tangos.html)

jimbobs37 15-07-2008 12:42

Tangos

Hi
Can anyone tell me how far it is from the roundabout in PP to tangos.
Is it down past polensa park hotel?

Sparky 15-07-2008 12:48

It's a long way past Pollensa Park, the other side of Llenaire towards Alcudia. I would suggest you take a bus or taxi.:eek:

jimbobs37 15-07-2008 12:48

thanks

Many thanks.

its cd 27-07-2008 22:35

Tango Ca Vostre

Went here twice in the 12 days we were in PP

Its a shame its so far out and that meant one of us had to drive

But,

Food was good and great value and I know I have read a post that said it lacks atmosphere but I disagree ......... we sat downstairs amongst the large wooden wine vats and listened to the singer as we ate and I thought it had a great atmosphere. Almost every table wa full and people were having a great time and you could feel a buz about the place ..... lost of the same staff from the "old " tango were there and they were clearly really pleased it had taken off

I wish them well over the next couple of years , clearly they will return to their old base, but in the interrim, I like their temporary home and will certainly visit again

pops 28-07-2008 00:39

Hi CD
Well said! Totally agree with you.I also read on here that Tango lacks traditional charm, when the place apparantly has hardly been altered from when it was cellar C'an Vostra.

The restaurant is full of traditional things, including olive and grape presses as well as the wooden wine vats you mentioned.

They even have some tapas dishes on the menu now.

Cheers,

Pops

Joanne 28-07-2008 06:13

Does anyone have a phone number for Tango would like to try when we are out in a couple of weeks but as we are staying on the Pine Walk dont fancy hiking up there only to find it is fully booked.

Thanks

Belladonna 28-07-2008 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by pops (Post 23215)
Hi CD
Well said! Totally agree with you.I also read on here that Tango lacks traditional charm, when the place apparantly has hardly been altered from when it was cellar C'an Vostra.

The restaurant is full of traditional things, including olive and grape presses as well as the wooden wine vats you mentioned.

They even have some tapas dishes on the menu now.

Cheers,

Pops

Not sure if that was one of my previous posts on Tango - probably was as I agree with it!!
What I may not have put across clearly is that it used to be a really traditional restaurant when it was Ca Vostra - with real locals and hardly any English spoken. Yes, the wine vats are still there - they cant actually be taken out as they were put in through the roof, but other traditional bits have been added on.
I have a really soft spot for the old restaurant for reasons which I have gone into before, so I apologise for not having the same excitement as many others now that it has become Tangos.

pops 07-09-2008 01:02

Tango

Hi belladonna

I hope you do give Tango another go however, I know its hard when a restaurant you have special memories of is taken over by some one else.

I was so pleased to see that even though Tango are out of the port now, ( I know its quite far cos I used to run along the front from the port past Tango and back-that was at the start of my hols, can't say I kept it up- tho wish I did), they are still so busy and don't seem to have lost much trade if any?
There are taxis dropping people off constantly and even coach loads during the day. They don't just attract tourists, there were many Spanish. (possibly spanish tourists )Especially Sunday lunchtime . And I loved watching people turn up for a "take away paella", Spanish women were being helped putting huge paella dishes into their cars, (Why is it always the women??) and I must say their paella was the best I tasted this year.
I so enjoyed sitting outside looking across the sea, hills and in the evening, the lights of PP.

Pops

Hamcas 07-09-2008 18:43

6 nights time and we will be in Tango, first night of hols must go to Tango, its the law, its a relegion. We have done so for years and can't break the habit.

whaleywanderer 08-09-2008 22:14

Visited Tango on Saturday afternoon, went for a recky to find out where it was and decided to eat there and then - we were not disappointed, hubby had the menu of the day at 16€ - comprised of started French onion soup, main Salmon with vegetables, Desert Fresh fruit salad, wine and bread and olives included. I had the most delicious lamb that I have had in my life, it was a full shoulder and was cooked lovely and crispy served with Jacket potatoe and vegetables. The bill with extra water and beer came to a very reasonable 35.50€.

Bus ride to LLenaire (The Galleon) and then a ten minute walk towards Alcudia, well before the new roundabout.

pops 08-09-2008 23:34

Tango

Hi hamcas

Have alovely time and enjoy your meal at Tango.

Whaley so glad you wern't disappointed.

Pops

shotokan 15-09-2008 18:20

Great quality, quantify and value...if you get a table overlooking the bay...what more can you ask for...oh yeah!...Faustino for the standard MDD house wine!...
(;-)

Mariquita 16-09-2008 08:15

Had a great evening at Tangos on Saturday. Booked so that we could get a window seat overlooking the bay. Good food and service as usual.

Joanne asked for the telephone number in this thread - 971 866 708.