Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-07-2008, 10:24

Thumbs up Heavenly Ca'n Costa!

After a (too) quick drink in Bar Juma with some lovely PP Forum/ Tapas Bar friends, hubby and I set off to Ca'n Costa for a romantic last meal together before the family descended the following day.

We were not disappointed - it was a beautiful setting, the food was wonderful and the service absolutely perfect.

Ca'n Costa is in a little side street in the old town. You enter through a grand foyer with a sweeping staircase and leather sofas. Once through the doors, you are met by a softly spoken, friendly waiter who asks if you would like to start with a drink in the pretty area off to the right with squishy sofas - so tempting but as we'd already indulged in Placa Mayor we went straight to our table.

It is an old cinema and there are relics of that dotted around the large room -cameras and such. It's cool in here with air con, and the soft candlelight, crisp white linen, red roses on the table and tinkly music make it a very romantic setting indeed. The place was quite quiet with only 4 or 5 other occupied tables but even a large party of 10 behind us didn't take away the romantic, intimate feel of the place. It's the sort of place where you automatically lower your voice. I think they should run meditation sessions! It's a stress free zone!

Ok the food - We started with warm bread and olive oil for dipping, then enjoyed a delicious little appetiser of smoked salmon crostinis on the house. We skipped starters and I had a cappacio of beef with a pepper sauce and hubby chicken breast with black truffle something or other. Both absolutely scrumptious and presented beautifully with perfectly cooked vegetables. Dessert - hubby poached pears with and amazing dark chocolate sauce (essentially Pears Bel' Helene) and I had the banana Tarte Tartin - superb.

Price? Add a delic bottle of Jaume De Puntiro Carmesi, 2 waters, and 2 beers and the total is €88 - exceptionally good value for the quality of the food and the wonderful setting.

Oh and ladies - pop to the loo! The handtowels are individual face cloths scented with rose which lingers on your hands after you leave.

For those of you who haven't visited Ca'n Costa before - you absolutely HAVE to go!!! This was our first visit and I just can't think why we haven't been before. Definitely top of my list for our next visit.

Got a special occasion - this is the place to go.

Lala
Sponsored Links
Old 13-07-2008, 12:11
Super Moderator

What a lovely picture you have painted Lala, i wonder if it is open all year. Would love to try it in the winter.
Old 13-07-2008, 15:52

Told you you'd love it Lala

Did you see what I meant when I said about the 'Arizona desert' man?

Sparky I'm afraid it's not open in the winter.

Debs
Old 13-07-2008, 17:05

Yep Debs - what a sweetie! I mentioned your daughter too and they sent warm regards. You should have come with us darling! Next time. L xxxx
Old 13-07-2008, 17:27

Thumbs up

Oh it always brings back memories when I read these posts! There is always something to jog a smile. For our family with Debz's family it was the coffee! Or was it the lack of it?? Such a classy feel to the place, but still warm and friendly. Have never eaten there and been drowned out by a rowdy crowd but always a comfortable level of "buzz". Has never let us down yet - well, not totally!!