Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 21:39

Default Ca n'Andreu

It seems like ages ago ( first week in May) when I wrote about the re-opening of Bon Profit at the Os Cachelos site in the Market Square. Unique, in that Mallorquian food back in the very heart of the Port which, lets be honest, are predominated by restaurants geared to the tourist trade ( not a criticism but a fact). It's for you , all to judge whether they are good value or not.

Big question mark I had then was whether they would be able to survive come the height of the season surrounded by the big battalions, particularly so cos I remember on their second night the charming local girls being taught how to pour wine. To me, didn't bode too well for the competition ahead of them.

Well, absolutely delighted to say they are really alive and kicking and seem to be doing well. Renamed Ca n'Andreu they are still pulling in the local punters at lunchtime and well attended at night as well ( Packed this evening, lovely night to be sat outside for the benefit of you rain soaked folks back home !!!)

They offer Menu del Dia at 18 Euros including wine, water and coffee and the food is local and tasty. Plenty of Mallorquian choices as well on the a la carte. Slight criticism is that the portions are on the generous side, however this may suit many folks.

Really good value and a good choice for those looking for honest, tasty , homecooked food and kiddies catered for well. You won't be ripped off and yes, the staff smile at you as well !!!!

Long may they survive

Bonyslad
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2008, 22:19

BLE

Good to see you posting again!

C'an Andreu is quite close to our apartment and most of our relatives who have been using the apartment since the season started have commented on how busy the restaurant has been. As you say it is good to see.

Sharon
Old 08-07-2008, 23:06
Super Moderator

Hey Bonyslad, how are doing i've missed you
Old 09-07-2008, 07:31

Thanks for another great review! Looking forward to reading many more!

Jane
Old 09-07-2008, 14:31

I have this place on my list of new eateries to try whilst over at the end of the month, sounds like its found its place and its great to have a Mallorquin eating place in the square.
Old 09-07-2008, 14:59

C'an Andreu is a great place, Andreu and his family have taken a giant leap in quality when you compare the new premises with the old. You really cannot go wrong with the lovely Rocio, she will always do her best to help even in her limited English. En fin great family, great food, prime location, I would recommend it without thinking twice.
P.S Try kid when it is on the menu, Andreu cooks this and his lamb for hours and hours until it literally just falls of the bone......hmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 09-07-2008, 18:11

We went here one night and watched the football with the locals...we were obviously cheering for Spain!!!

Great value menu del dia....the hugest chiperones to start in light crispy batter and another choice was mozzarella and tomato salad. Agree with you BL about the portions ..they are huge

I had the lamb which must have been nearly a whole leg or shank. Beautifully cooked and it fell off the bone BUT again far too salty for me and this spoilt a lovely dish. Had to take huge gulps of water (and wine!!) between each mouthful.

Nice feel to the place , although my friend and I thought the waitress a bit too familiar with my hubby...she leant on his shoulder while he decided what he was going to order!!! I've heard of being friendly but..... He was, apparently oblivious , as he was too engrossed in the match to notice...hmmm yeah right

Debs
Old 09-07-2008, 20:25

Hang the food....the waitress gets my vote!

Seriously, exactly where is C'an Andreu?
Old 09-07-2008, 21:16

Ca n'andreu is the restuarant located on the corner to the left of the front of the church in the main square, I think it used to be called Casa Gallega.
Hmm, you don't often hear of too many english ladies who don't enjoy the attention of a swarthy waiter..funny that don't worry Debz shes just a very friendly girl, and it does bring people back!!
Later
Old 10-07-2008, 09:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
We went here one night and watched the football with the locals...we were obviously cheering for Spain!!!

Nice feel to the place , although my friend and I thought the waitress a bit too familiar with my hubby...she leant on his shoulder while he decided what he was going to order!!! I've heard of being friendly but.....: He was, apparently oblivious , as he was too engrossed in the match to notice...hmmm yeah right

Debs
Debs,

Was that the Stick Insect with the built in waterwings ?????

Lovely girl !!!!

We went straight after Rafa's great win on Sunday night so tell Hubby I was able to give her my full undivided attention in sharing her very high emotions !!! ( Bonyladette was on a high too so very understanding !!!! )

Were you able to get to Zarzales ? Went a couple of weeks ago and asked Yolanda to pass on my regards.

BonysLad
Old 10-07-2008, 11:14

' Was that the Stick Insect with the built in waterwings ?????'

That's the one BL!!

Didn't make it Los Z last trip but back to PP on the 18th for a week and it's on the list
Old 10-07-2008, 13:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
' Was that the Stick Insect with the built in waterwings ?????'

That's the one BL!!

Didn't make it Los Z last trip but back to PP on the 18th for a week and it's on the list
See you at Stay for the fireworks on Sunday 20th then !!!!

Should be a great night as usual

BonysLad
Old 10-07-2008, 14:36

I've never eaten at C'an Andreu or Los Zarzales but want to give them a try next year. Which is the better restaurant of the two?
Old 10-07-2008, 19:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty perera View Post
I've never eaten at C'an Andreu or Los Zarzales but want to give them a try next year. Which is the better restaurant of the two?
Monty,

" Better" is a very subjective adjective !!!!!

Let me say that you can walk out of Ca n' Andreu having spent 36 Euros for two and for the same deal at Los Zarzales probably double that but the food is more individually cooked and more upmarket.

The whole point of my post was that you can get good value food in the square that is

a) local
b) tasty and c) good value.

For example I paid over 40 Euros for two congealed pasta dishes at La Piazza
with wine and bread !!!!!

Suggest you try both next year

BonysLad
Old 10-07-2008, 23:34

Four of us had lunch at Ca'n Andreu last Friday.
First Course:
2 Gaspacho which was very good
1 Trampo proclaimed to be very nice
1 Arroz ditto

2nd Course:
3 Albondigas Superb
1 Fish in Tomato ditto

Drssert:
4 Crema Catalan Moreish!
Bread, Olives,a very drinkable bottle of Tinto, water and Gaseosa.

The Bill: 36€. Excellent value, nice atmosphere and service.

PeRu
Closed Thread