Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 20:18

Wink 8 days eating

1st night in PP we arrived fairly late and so decided to have a quick pasta meal in Don Corlene's I had carbonara and hubby had pizza ,couple of bottles of san miguel and coffee .Tasty and reasonably priced ,30 euros

2nd day- decided to treat ourselves to Sunday lunch at La Lonja ,seafood paella and our first bottle of Macia Batle .It was the marjorcan paella with noodles not rice and was really good. So nice sitting up on top with lots of Spanish families eating in the restaurant. This was a surprise as I did think this was a more touristy type of place that would not attract locals .
I could not resist a pudding so I had dark chocolate pudding with ginger ice cream . Mmmm. This was such a nice meal we decided that we would go back again for dinner.I think this came to 60 euros .

That night we went to IRU were I had my only steak of the week and it was excellent .Fillet with black truffle sauce hubby had salmon and we both had the chocolate soufflé with red berries .This was the best dessert of the week and was worth the wait .Did not have starters or bread because we had eaten quite late at lunchtime but with wine it came to 70 Euros I think.

3rd day El Posito this was our star find and I cannot fault anything we had to eat .Starters of stuffed peppers with seafood ,so tasty and quite filling .I followed on with john dory with garlic and hubby had another sea bass .Yet another bottle of Macia Batle 14 euros this time and despite being stuffed to the gills we managed after a wee rest to have creme brulee which was one of the best all week. With drink beforehand ,a small bottle of cava for me vodka and tonic for him wine ,three courses brandy's and coffee this was not cheap but well worth every penny or should I say euros . 92 of them in total . Really liked the feel of the place although my first thoughts were that this was a bit gloomy but Tony and his wife (a Scot ) made us feel very welcome.

4th Day Stay tonight .Now this is one of my favourites and it did not disappoint.Although La Lonja and El Posito are now creeping ahead.Stuck to the menu of the day Soup with Riesling and prawns for me smoked tuna for hubby both enjoyable ,Dorade filet's and pork escallops in a cream sauce for mains and the special desert of the day which to be honest was not at all special a mousse type thing with ice cream .coffee and as usual you get the brandy's on the house. Believe it or not this was one of the cheaper meals due to us sticking to the menu of the day .Around 70 Euros including drink's before hand .

5th Day Ca'n Costa started with the venison carpaccio and prawns for hubby both yummy. steak for hubby and cod for me really good. No room for pudding tonight and it was a bottle of red I think so I only had the one glass.
Strange this was not a lot of people in on the night we were in so lacked a little in atmosphere .Cant remember the total cost but around 90 again but less food so this was probably the most expensive night we had.

6th Day We went to Maxims and I cant say I enjoyed the food that much or the general atmosphere .Ordered a bottle of wine and it arrived in double quick time.You guessed it Macia Batle .Food order taken very quickly and we had hardly taken a sip of wine before the starters arrived I started with the stuffed mushrooms with seafood and it was tasteless .It had the consistency of glue and arrived so quickly along with hubby's starter of garlic prawns that I was immediately suspicious that most of the food was already pre cooked and blasted in the microwave. My main course was chicken curry was was ok and hubby had beef stroganoff which he said was ok nothing more. It appeared that that waiters were on a bonus scheme to serve and get you out in double quick time to fill the table again. No dessert as I just wanted to leave . Will not be back.Although I doubt they will be bothered as it was a very busy restaurant .

7th Day La Lonja Hubby did not want a starter but I had the fish soup which came in a big serving bowl and had enough for two people ,you could smell the essence of the sea from the dish as it arrived and the clear broth was delicious we ended up sharing this as there quite a lot for one .It came with lots of fresh prawns muscles and clams, very good . Hubby had duck with an intense reduced orange sauce which he said was excellent . I had the monk fish and clams mariner and it was so fresh and full of flavour,so glad I ordered this. Could not resist the chocolate pudding but again we shared this .A really excellent meal with coffee and brandy's on the house . Around
80 euros .

8th day Los Zarzales -Peppers stuffed with seafood, yummy, as good as El Posito ,Hake with prawns for me and sea bass for hubby both pieces of fish were super fresh and worth getting my only disappointment was the creme brulee not quite up to scratch but this would not prevent me going back to this lovely restaurant. Well run and with no air of panic despite being very busy . I think the bill was around 85 euros with wine and drinks .

For lunch it was sandwiches on the terrace of our hotel room .

Scotty Lady
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2008, 20:33

That's a great review - thanks. Must try La Llonga - nver been there, but we too discovered El Posito last week and.....I thnk I'm in love!
Old 01-07-2008, 20:37

OMG....I am hungry....fantastic review Scotty Lady....I read it with my tongue hanging out!!! Sounds as if you had a fab holiday and your room at Daina sounded perfect too !!
Old 01-07-2008, 22:08

Default Scotty, great read, really enjoyed your review.......

the sort that would motivate us (or otherwise!) to try different places.

My wife and I visited PP early May for the first time and posted a resume of the week.....we felt Stay was head and shoulders above any meal we had (Los Faroles was the next best, easily) and El Posito was just average but "he ho",. loved reading your post.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:03

Great review, Scotty Lady!

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:37

Thanks for the post Scotty Lady.

Enjoyed reading about your experiences, specially when I've been in some of them so very recently.

Particularly La Llonja, in May when there, we felt it was a bit fresh to eat on the terrace, and didn't want to go inside, definitely would try it with the current weather!

Thanks again!

Porto
Old 02-07-2008, 10:17
Super Moderator

Mouth watering here, great post Scotty Lady. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:42

Where is El Posito?
Old 04-07-2008, 11:54
Super Moderator

Look on the left of this page, "Eating out", El Posito advert has a map at the bottom, hope this helps.
Old 04-07-2008, 14:55
Founder

See http://www.puertopollensa.com/elposito
Old 04-07-2008, 15:23

We have just returned from our first trip to PP. Loved it. We ate in El Posito, food was great. But childrens meals on the pricey side.
Old 04-07-2008, 23:30

Default Stay

Stay always does it for me (bit biased ,got engaged there 1997) got to be the Mallorcan octopus followed by mixed grilled fish and a bottle of albarino, roll on August!
Old 07-07-2008, 20:49

We've been back for over a week now and I've been meaning to post....but you know how it is!

We were in PP for two glorious weeks from 14th June, with unseasonably warm weather and the usual fantastic time. We've been coming here as a family since 1994 but now, in addition to our two sons (24 and 25 now) we also have their delightful "better halves" in tow - long may it continue.

On the eating out front I won't bore you to death with a menu for each venue, but offer the highs and lows of each restaurant, and thoughts on our very first visit to a couple of new (to us) places, and quote prices to give a guide for anyone who's not been before.

Please bear in mind that we are six adults (allegedly!), so every venue has a round of 4 X G&Ts, 1 X Campari and soda and a large beer to start with, three bottles of wine and 4 X cafe solo's to finish. You get the picture?

Brisa Marina: We always start and finish here, with a meal in the middle of the holiday. Stuffed Mussels a speciality, and wonderful. Superb Mussles as a starter. The Gazpacho is really good. Garlic prawns are pretty decent too. For mains, great Lamb Chops, Entrecote, Pork Fillet and (my favourite) probably the best Mixed Paella in the port (and the seafood one's not bad too). Cost for six averages at 195 Euros.

La Goleta: Another old favourite where we have stayed in the excellent rooms above three times now. Two visits this year with brilliant Frito Mallorcan, the biggest Garlic Prawns in PP and (my favourite) Carpaccio of Beef to die for as starters. For mains a truly succulent Chateaubriand, great Entrecote and tender rare Fillet Steak. Pork Loin wrapped in cabbage is a local speciality and well worth a visit. Average cost for six at 250 Euros.

Las Zarzarles: Lots of you love this place and we've been countless times. Garlic Prawns on a par with La Goleta, Stuffed Peppers very popular but the main event is the Roast Suckling Pig, which I didn't think could be bettered but.....more of this later! We discovered Mallorcan Almond cake too! Yum. Cost the highest of the trip at 294 Euros.

Celler La Parra: Now we're into a new experience. Advertised as a typical Mallorquin restaurant this was our first visit. Generally a good experience. I had Tongue with Capers - sounds horrid, but came in a rich sauce and was really tender and nice. Interesting Prawn Cocktaily things and Croquettes were decent starters. For mains Entrecotes (cooked as ordered and tender), Lamb Chops and Roast Suckling Pig were all successful. The Pig portions were not up to Zarzarles (perhaps a good thing - I can never finish one there!) but was a little salty. Finished with more Mallorcan Almond Cake and Almond Ice Cream - absolutly delicious. Cost for six 239 Euros.

El Posito: The discovery of the holiday! After 14 years I really cannot belief we've missed this one before. For a Mallorcan restaurante this has to be the best I've been to. I know many of you like O'Lome (tried it once and it didn't tick my boxes) but this really is a star deal. Starters of Stuffed Peppers, Frito Mallorcan and the most absolutely delicious Baby Squid out of the bay. Follow this with Tender Shoulder of Lamb, Mallorcan Style Sea Bass (in potato and veggies with an olive oil based sauce and absolutely no bones, and (wait for it), Roast Suckling Pig that eclipses Zarzarles at 75% of the cost. More Almond Cake (because we've become addicts) and the warmest welcome and service I've experienced outside Brisa Marina. Absolutely fantastic! No wonder this restaurant features so consistently in so many people's top five! Cost for 6 - 238 Euros.

We supplemented these great dining experiences with BBQs at the rented villa, adding to yet another great family holiday in PP. So that's that for another year for the whole family - but Jane and I will be back in September for sure and I know which restaurants we'll be heading to!

Enjoy your holidays everyone, and thanks for such great feedback and good-natured comments on the forum.

TTFN

Last edited by Disorderly; 07-07-2008 at 20:53.
Old 07-07-2008, 21:00

What a fab review Disorderly....all your choices sound Fab. Glad you had a super family holiday.
Old 07-07-2008, 21:12

Thanks for the review Disorderly. I really enjoyed reading it.

Sharon