Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Little Italy (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/3367-little-italy.html)

charlotte 28-06-2008 14:42

Little Italy

Hi

Does anyone have the telephone number for Little Italy?

We are due to arrive in PP about lunchtime in three weeks time and seen as we can't access our villa until 3.00pm I thought a great start to the holiday would be a leisurely lunch here sat near the Sea. Also thought it might be wise to reserve a table.

Thanks

Charlotte

pinewalkstroll 28-06-2008 15:10

Hi Charlotte,

The telephone number is 971 866 749.....enjoy !

charlotte 28-06-2008 15:29

Hi Pinewalkstroll

Many thanks for quick reply

Paneraiman 28-06-2008 23:28

Good luck...

we booked a table in early May, and after a long walk we arrived for it to be taken by somebody else.

They could not have been more arrogant and unconcerned... I know we are probably in a minority but we will never darken their doorstep again.

sleepyboaby 28-06-2008 23:47

Got to agree with you there Paneraimane.We went there last year for lunch and felt that the staff working there that day did not want us to be there.We have not been back since>P.S. The food is very good though.

charlotte 29-06-2008 10:53

Thanks for all your comments.
We have also noticed the staff are less friendly than some other restaurants.
Could be because they are so busy??
Food is always good though.
Still might give it a try or maybe go up to the I'lla Dor instead.
Anyone had lunch there lately?

Charlotte

its cd 29-06-2008 13:40

Little Italy

I think I have said before on this forum , that we avoid Little Italy in high season due to the crowds

We were there in early April and the food was fab and the service was great with the French partner ( sorry forgot his name ) being particularly engaging

So , yes , it may be their arrogance is due to them being busy, but it is a shame as this is really no excuse

So we probably won't eat there in July , but almost certainly will in October

So Charlotte ........... lets think of some nearby alternatives

Well the Illa D'Or is an option .............. but I would go for the Bahia .......... we have had several great lunches in there .......... and the Service is friendly - even in August. It may be a touch slow , but hey you are just starting your hols and its not too much hardship to while away a few hours on their terrace looking out across that fabulous bay is it

Said with feeling as I am sitting in my conservatory at the moment being deafened by what I can only describe as a tropical storm ..........

JMD40 29-06-2008 18:09

We had dinner there last night - the food as always excellent and the view just perfect on a warm summer evening with the kids playing on the beach whilst we enjoyed our wine. We did feel a little `ignored´by the staff - although it was totally manic - I think it filled three times last night!! We had booked a table for 4 but we had to wait until someone else finished and we were then perched on a table which would be better for 2 or 3 - especially due to the size of their pizzas - the plates simply did not fit on the table!!! I have been there many many times so it would be nice to have a bit of appreciation and care. However, what did really concern me most was when I checked the bill there was 2.80 euros for `pica pica´(4 x .70) which translates as `a taster or nibbles´which we were not offered. When we queried this the French guy strugged his shoulders and muttered to speak to the waiter who proceeeded to come along immediately and took the bill and money and said - no problem, sorry. I could not help wondering whether this is placed on everyones bill and goes un-noticed. I have never had any `nibbles/bread sticks/olives´placed on the tables there unlike other places - can anyone comment . Was this a genuine mistake or has this happened to others - anyhow, check your bill and would love to hear comments. I recommend this place to a lot of people and would not like to think that they are trying it on. Final summary, best pizzas, best location but maybe not so service orientated - athough sadly I have to say there are very few places that provide a good service in August.

Ruthie Scandal 04-07-2008 22:33

We found the staff very unfriendly even when it wasnt busy. But food suited us and the kids so we did eat there a few times. We loved PP, was our first trip.

easylife1 11-07-2008 17:32

Little Italy

Just returned from PP - we never eat here in high season for reasons already mentioned, manic atmosphere and brusque service. Noticed that since Katy's closed Little Italy are slowly spreading their tables further along the pine walk - in fact they are storing their spare tables and chairs on what was Katy's patio. Can't see their service improving if there are even more tables than usual at already busy time of season.

pinewalker 12-07-2008 10:43

Little Italy

Have to agree with most of the comments; avoid at busy times as they just can't cope and don't seem that bothered BECAUSE they are busy,(shades of Maxim's here!).

However, if you're lucky enough to be walking by just as a table becomes vacant then grab it. You have to be fortunate though, because from about 6.00 to 9.00pm, there seems to be people pacing up and down, waiting to do just that. Also, as someone on an earlier posting mentioned, they don't appear to hot on honouring reservations either. You may have booked a table, but if they can let it to someone else in the meantime, they will.

The best time of day to eat here is mid-afternoon, when, like a lot of establishments, it quietens down for a couple of hours. We had a very enjoyable extended liquid lunch there one Sunday last year, arrived about 3.00pm and staggered out about 7.30pm. To be fair to the staff, once you are seated, they don't encourage you to leave after an hour or so.

Corkey 12-07-2008 18:02

Never had a problem with Little Italy, we always book and always get the table we want and on a Friday or Saturday in the summer.

The only thing that winds me up is large groups/families who cannot control their kids:mad:

Lala70w 13-07-2008 09:16

Not been subject to bad service in all the 8 years that we have been visiting Little Italy - oh wait a mo - there was a "Un Momento" guy back in 2000 who was a grump, but the French guy is soooooooooo charming and completely gorgeous - those eyes... ahem... back to topic. We always have great service - especially if hubby wears his Italian top. ;)

Have witnessed reservation signs sitting on tables at night whilst they turn away lots of trade. They do hounour reservations but if you are late for your reseveration you have had it - can't say I blame them, and we have never had a problem when we reserved a table.

As Pinewalker says our fav time for visiting is early afternoon for a leisurely lunch where we can watch the folks on the beach. Did that just last week. The food was wonderful, the French guy looked after us very well and was easy on the eye too! ;)

Lala :)

debz1 13-07-2008 15:42

Hi Lala!

Agree with you about being totally scrummy... and the pizzas aren't bad either ;)

Debs :)

gers1873 13-07-2008 21:12

really quite shocked to read that some honestly enjoy eating there

the thought of people bumping past your table while walking along the pine walk when i'm trying to enjoy my meal really doesnt appeal i'm afraid

just me i suppose