Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 14:08

Default May 2008 eating in PP

First of all, sorry for not being able to give any prices, but I let hubby deal with all that this time (which was very liberating for me!) We are an average family with 2 young kids tho, so cannot splash out on anything too expensive.

Sat - Little Italy - we arrived about 5pm with our two boys (6 &3) and my sister, her husband and their little boy (2). Little Italy was only a couple of doors up from our villa and because the boys were hungry we decided to go there. Lovely pizzas for all, good service and boys got to play on the beach.

Sun – Los Pescadores – loved it on our last visit. Perfect again. I had fresh sea bream and the other adults had sea bass. All gorgeous. Children had spag bol which they always like from here. Staff very attentive and we love sitting on the pinewalk while the kids play in the sand. Watch out for ants on the tree stump tho.

Mon – Centric (lunch) to get out of the rain. Very good value and the owner was lovely. Homemade chips were gr8.
La Piazza (dinner) – we struggled to find anywhere open early enough for the little ones. Lovely setting in the square. My sister and her husband really enjoyed their meals (tagilatelle carbonarra and pork). Hubby and I didn’t enjoy ours (prawn pizza and spaghetti del mar) Possibly our bad choice tho rather than the restaurant’s fault, we seem to have gone off seafood a bit. Children had meatballs which they loved. Tiramisu was very disappointing.

Tue – Laroc (lunch). Just behind our villa. Excellent service and delicious pizza (better than Little Italy). Fantastic value. Only problem was smelly drains but think it was just that day.
Tapas & Beef club – (dinner) for sister and hubby – don’t know what they had, was a selection of about 14 dishes and they loved it.

Wed – Sis Pins (lunch) – average, just had sandwiches, salad or Spanish omlettes.
O’Lume (dinner) hubby and I. (see on O’Lume thread – fantastic!)

Thur – Dakota (in front of Corb Mari) – Not really our kind of food, but was ok as far as “chain restaurant” food goes.

Fri – Hotel Daina (lunch) – club sandwich ok – just usual stuff really.
Los Pescadoes (dinner). Usually didn’t bother with starters, but did this time, and kids meals came out with those. I had squid rings – which were good. Sea bass for main (delicious) and home made tiramisu (much better than la piazza). Cannot remember what the others had. Sorry it was our last night and the wine was flowing….

We did want to try Bahia (not sure if I’ve spelt that right) but they weren’t open early enough. Also plently more we wanted to try but never got round to. Oh well, we’ll just have to go again another year!

Cheers x
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2008, 15:14

Great review, cat! Thanks very much for posting and telling us poor souls stuck at home all about it!
Old 02-06-2008, 18:07

Hi Cat!

Enjoyed the read of your experiences, the great thing about PP and most especially in the area where you were staying, is that families with small children can get what they want, when they want and everyone is happy.

However...........

your last night.... I quote you

"Cannot remember what the others had. Sorry it was our last night and the wine was flowing…."

Criticise you??

No way!! Glad you enjoyed!

Know the feeling!

Bet next time can't come soon enough!
Old 02-06-2008, 20:00

Oops! didn't mean it to come out quite like that. We only had a couple of bottles between the four of us, don't think that's too bad, only 2 large glasses each.
I think I was just trying to excuse my poor memory. Anyway, we were on holiday!
Old 02-06-2008, 20:06

Really enjoyed your review Cat and in particular reading about your experience of dining with small children in PP. Mine are a little older now but still present me with a challenge when it comes to choosing a restaurant each evening. Thankfully the choice is so good we can usually manage to please everyone, though not necessarily all at the one time. Thanks for posting.
Old 04-06-2008, 21:06

Hi Cat

We had dinner at Centric last year - it was lunch time and okay. One thing we did not like was bread and olives (which we declined) was added to the bill. Now I know a lot of places say now it is already included but it does make us a bit angry when we say not thanks.

Years ago this was a freebie - Portugal always seemed to charge? When we go to La Fortelasa they are used to us saying no and don't charge?

beers is nice at Centric anyway.

regards

Sandrade
Old 04-06-2008, 21:39

Hi Sandra,

I posted a rant on bread and olives a while ago - and also wrote about how the price varies from restaurant to restaurant. In a lot of places, you just get them without being asked and of course they're added to the bill. They can certainly increase the cost of eating out if they multiply the price by each person. We've even had restaurants charging for the children even though they never touched them!

I've never been able to send them back and say no thanks! The trouble is most people are hungry when they arrive at a restaurant and the automatic thing is to pick at them while you study the menu.

Having said that, we often use them as a starter. L'Aup goes one step further and provides pate as well as bread and it's delicious and very reasonable!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:15

I often use them as a starter - just ask for some alioli as well and your made!
Old 05-06-2008, 10:56

I'm with Sandy - add some alioli and I'd happily sit and eat that all night - with a bottle of red of course!

They should really ask though - had a similar experience at Mojito when the bread was brick hard (had obviously been out for hours) and the butter had green mould. They weren't impressed when I complained politely either. That's one of the reasons we won't go back.

In Italy, they charge you for the table in some places. It's called "cover" and sometimes you get bread but sometimes you get absolutely nothing for it. It doesn't even count as a tip and you don't know about it until you get your bill!

Lala