Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2007, 04:47

Default Tiberi

Unfortunately, the most memorable thing about this great, informal and friendly restaurant for me was the heat the night we ate there! It was seriously hot and humid and the fans at Bony’s were working overtime as we sat and had a drink, so when we left to walk to Tiberi just around the corner, the heat settled on us all like a heavy blanket.

Tiberi was lively and busy when we visited. We hadn’t booked a table but it was quite early and we were shown to our seats straight away. The menu is like a little book and has plenty of choice. We chose from the varied Tapas menu for our starters with hubby deciding on the onion rings and the rest of us going for the nachos covered in cheese. With hindsight, I wish we’d chosen just two starters as the portions were huge and all my son did was pick off the cheese and eat that! Hubby was overjoyed to find onion rings on the menu as they’re his favourite and he said they were delicious.

For our main courses we chose chicken wings, hamburgers and a pork steak in sauce. Again, the portion sizes were large but the food was very good. Each meal was accompanied by chips and my only complaint was that they were a little greasy. I was unable to finish my meal because it was so large and I must have drunk about a gallon of water in an attempt to cool down.

The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was great with lots of people eating and a constant procession walking past.

I’ll look forward to going back and being able to do justice to my main course next time!

Jane
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2007, 15:55

Hi Jane,

After this year I am afraid Tiberi is now off our list of favs. Apart from the very slow service I can't fault the staff who are always nice (and young and good looking!) but sadly the food was also disappointing and it wasn't good value for money. :rolleyes

I ordered a steak and it was a poor quality cut. It was only after it arrived that I remembered that the last time I'd had a steak there it was also a bit like "Pedigree Chum" but of course it was too late! It was undercooked (a good vet would have had it on it's feet) and when my friend insisted that I send it back it came back overdone - we are talking shoe leather here. Inedible. Hubby had some kind of rice dish which was really bland and disappointing and the portion was not enough to satisfy. Steak came without any chips or veg or even a wee bit garnish. SIde order of chips were salty, greasy yuck!

Bill came to 120euro for 4 adults and a young lady - one course each, bread, bottle wine, 2 beers and couple cokes. Ok doesn't eactly break the bank but other than my steak we were only eating burgers and pasta and we had eaten far better at other places for the same price - such as 2 starters, 5 adult mains, 3 puds, 2 bottles wine, beer, water, a juice and a coffee for same price at Manduca! Similar story at Tango where 2 of us had steak and one the suckling pig.

Shame as I like the setting with the red candles and sewing machine tables and handsome staff. Maybe we will return and stick to pasta but then there are other places who can do that so well... :rolleyes

Lala
Old 09-09-2007, 04:04

I have to say we had a great meal when we were there in July - we ate a just a little earlier than we would have liked as we were a part of 8 which included 3 young children...last year we made the mistake of ordering mixed tapas and also nachos as starters...too full to do the main courses justice,,,this year 2 of us had the porkfillet (1 with tomato and the other with the pepper sauce)..they were delicious. I had the rice instead of chips..the 2 hubbies at steak...huge and cooked to perfection...they may have been sirloin but were as tender as a fillet steak...1 burger...a fabulous homemade burger..3 childrens meals..the service was great and nothing was too much trouble...back on the eating list for October....
Old 02-06-2008, 17:04

at in here last week and the onion rings for starters are the best I have had in my life - very thinly cut sprinkled with a little garlic. Would highly recommend. I have never devoured a plate of food so fast in my life!