Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-05-2008, 09:58

Default 7 Nights in PP/Pollensa

1st night, Tango - It has to be, must follow tradition. Not sure how far round the bay new restaurant was so jumped in taxi at r/about and 5euros later we were there. A warm welcome from Manolo & co, first beer sat on a bar stool overlooking the bay, magnificent. We had majorcan frito & prawn with avocado for starters followed by roast chicken with a pepper sauce & loin of pork, no sweets but had irish coffee & tia maria/coffee, all washed down with a bottle of faustino VII & water. I can't remember exactly but think bill was about 55euros. Looking around I will be surprised if they move back into town as this is and excellent venue and trade will increase will developments in Llenaire.
2nd night, Maxim - Wife's favourite starter was not on the menu this year so be both opted for MDD @ 20euros each. Both had chicken satay for starters followed by pork with calvados sauce & chicken in cream leek sauce, both had apple tart with ice cream. I had an irish coffee also but only because it helps me sleep. We had a couple of beers to start with a bottle of house white & water. An excellent meal for 55euros.
3rd night, Sis Pins - Still raining so didn't want to go far and did a MDD for 17euros each so we though we would give it a try. we started with avocado with prawns & gazpachio followed by roast loin of pork & chicken in a mushroom sauce, for sweet we had panacotta with blueberries & ice cream. included in price was a glass of wine. Overall, not bad, had better but equally paid more and had worse. Retired to bar for irish coffee.
4th night, Los Zarzarles - wifes favourite. Had a couple of beers whilst looking at menu but we already knew what we would be having. starters were soup & deep fried brie followed by suckling pig & lamb chops, no sweets. Had a bottle of cava & water, no irish coffee (i think i had a bad nights sleep) Total bill well worth 83euros.
5th night, Le Font de Gall - both had crab cakes to start followed by slow roast crispy pork (suckling pig) with colcannon mash and veg & monkfish and prawn ragout with saffron rice. Wife had a cranicon (not sure how you spell it) and I had an irish coffee (slept better) all for 87euros.
6th night, La Goleta - a favourite of ours but doesn't very often get a mention. We had frito majorcan & shrimps in garlic to start followed by cod majorcan style & chicken frostiere, we had crepes suzette cooked at our table for sweet, watched the alcohol going in, excellent. We sampled this years new house white, a chardonnay (thats all I know, but it tasted nice), a bottle of water, a couple of beers, a tia maria with cafe con leche & you've guessed it, an irish coffee. Worth every last cent of 94euros.
7th night, Bar Coral - Couldn't decide where to go tonight so we thought we would have a game of russian roulette, we wrote down 5 places, 1 to 5 and text our friends in england who come with us in september and asked them to pick a number, they chose 4 so Coral it was. For starters it was Mum's home made majorcan soup ( has to be tried) & mixed tapas, we both had chicken in pepper sauce, no sweets. A couple of beers, a bottle of water & house white, a snip at 54euros. had an irish coffee back at the hotel (just to help me sleep).
Must mention a lunch we had at LuLus in Pollensa, a couple of beers each, a ploughmans that would have fed a family and 4 mixed tapas for 25euros. Friendly service, good atmosphere, well worth a visit.
Sponsored Links
Old 21-05-2008, 11:33

Smile

Thanks for sharing your reviews on the restaurants visited. Font de Gall sounds nice. Can you tell me where this is?

Your comments on the Sis Pins were spot on.Although we stay there most years we have only had dinner on one occassion and although acceptable it was nothing to write home about. In fairness it does do a really nice buffet breakfast and is a great spot for lunch ,which is as good as any offering that you get along the front ranging from sardine salad ,chicken and chips etc .The location cannot be beaten being only seconds from my sunbed !

Scotty Lady
Old 21-05-2008, 14:13

Scotty,
Le Font de Gall is in Pollensa, go through the square and up the street between the church & cafe espanyol and you come to the fountain with the cockerill on, turn left and it is 20 yards on the right. It is meditterean food with a scottish twist.
Old 21-05-2008, 14:19

Hi Hamcas and scotty, have to recomend La font del Gall, its always on our must visit list, very nice food and very nice people, best to book as well as very popular
Old 21-05-2008, 14:23

I'd agree wholeheartedly with this recommendation. The haggis fritter is lovely, if a bit on the large side! By the way Hamcas, someone had stolen the cockerel from the fountain when we were there in April. Is nothing sacred?!
Old 21-05-2008, 14:48

Question

Looks like I will have to add this to my list .We usually go to Ca'n Costa in Pollensa I presume that it is on a par with this restaurant ?
Old 21-05-2008, 14:55

Hi Scotty, not been to ca'n costa so cant really say, I know others rave about it, you will just have to go to both
Thinking about it, I remember people going to La font for breakfast or bruch, so you could do that and eat dinner at Ca'n costa

Last edited by sws97sdg; 21-05-2008 at 14:58.
Old 21-05-2008, 21:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
Looks like I will have to add this to my list .We usually go to Ca'n Costa in Pollensa I presume that it is on a par with this restaurant ?
Speaking in all honesty, I have to say that I feel Ca'n Costa is just a step above La Font del Gall - I think it's because of the whole atmosphere of Ca'n Costa...the lovely seating area to relax in as you study the menu and the decor of the place. Plus the food is very special.

Nothing against La Font del Gall which is great, of course. Just my opinion!

Jane
Old 22-05-2008, 11:18

Hi Jane agree with all you say about Ca'n Costa, but this is why we prefer La Font, Ca'n Costa has always seemed exclusive and the sort of place that isn't as welcoming as La Font were the people are so friendly and put you at ease to enjoy your meal, Ca'n seems from the outside to be very stuffy and formal, as you say its personnel thing but with two young children before and now two teenagers aka Kevin and Perry, its the sort of place that wouldn't suit everyone, or perhaps just us. Once the kids have gone, we will would probably try it then, it does seem the place for a very special birthday like a 50th that may be coming up. Its the usual pleasant problem so many excellent restaurants to choose from.
Old 22-05-2008, 11:55

Hi SWS,

We have two young children aged 12 and 8 and we ate at Ca'n Costa last year twice. It may look stuffy and formal from the outside but it's not. The staff are very friendly and we saw numerous children in there last year. Please give it a try - you won't be disappointed!

I love La Font del Gall as well - especially the outside eating area which, in the height of the season, it's worth booking a table. They also do a lovely brunch and on market day it's nice to sit at a pavement cafe eating delicious food and watching the world go by!

It was also good to read Hamcas's report on Tango...we will probably pay it a visit this year!

Jane
Old 22-05-2008, 18:22

Default can casta

where abouts is can casta please
Old 22-05-2008, 19:24

Ca' Costa is in the old town of Pollensa. Standing in the main square and facing the church, take a narrow alleyway between the church and the Cafe Espanyol.

The road winds a little and you'll come out to a small square with a cockrel fountain. There's a newsagent/stationery shop on the right hand corner. Turn right here and walk a short way along this street. Ca'n Costa is on your left.

Please do read the Restaurant Reference threads at the top of the Eating and Drinking out section. There are lots of links to the various restaurant websites, plus maps and directions.

Jane