Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-05-2008, 14:00

Default Weeks dining in PP..goes on a bit!

Davina and I just got back from a week in PP, first time, motivated by the restaurants discussed on the forum, here’s the culinary tour –
Saturday, arrived in the evening, checked into Las Velas and headed straight for Bonys. Jose recommended Los Faroles as El Posito was closed and Tango was shut for a refurbishment. Second best night of the week starting with whitebait and peppers padron followed by sea bream and Jon Dory, great buzz in the place – two bottles of Albarino!
Sunday, El Posito, food was ok but place was dead, over attentive service and food came too quickly, an ok tuna salad and a great anchovies in vinegar followed by suckling pig and a rather nice sea bass. More Albarino! Called in at Bonys for nightcaps.
Monday, lunchtime in old Pollensa, wandered into a locals lunchtime venue and had Iberian ham and manchego on crispy brown bread, no Albarino for once just beer! Had a look at the menu at Ca’n Costa, looked really special. Evening spent at Little Italy, couple of great Pizzas with a stunning Rioja, great table on the front row overlooking the bay.
Tuesday, late lunch at L’Olivera on the front, grilled sardines salad and chips, no Albarino just a couple of beers. Evening time dined at a typical Mallorcan restaurant next to Tots (cant remember the name) chicken casserole and mussels, I think I prefer the smaller green lipped mussels we get in the UK, nonetheless very pleasant, washed down with a bottle of Albarino.
Wednesday, back to Los Faroles for prawns in garlic starter (gorgeous) then sea bass and hake, more of the same in the way of wine!
Thursday, hired bikes and cycled down to old Alcudia and had lunch at Sa Taverna out in the courtyard, really nice selection of Iberian ham and cheese followed by just ok grilled sardines, very pleasant way to spend lunchtime but noticeable that two tables sent back chicken and prawns undercooked on the BBQ! Couples of beers followed by ice creams from an Italian café down the road. Evening took drinks inside at the Miramar and wandered up to Little Italy, again. We had reserved a specific table later that afternoon but when we arrived it was occupied, the attitude was dreadful from the owner who couldn’t have cared less, so dined a short distance back down the pine walk at a small hotel, cant remember the name (H. Bahia maybe?) but it had a narrow dining area next to a narrow bar area next to a narrow bar. Whitebait were a little fat but tasty enough, Davinas red peppers stuffed with cod and prawns were the star of the show but my Mallorcan risotto of tomatoes and mushroom were less so. Nice pleasant atmosphere again accompanied by more Albarino, followed by huge nightcaps at Bonys.
Friday, definitely saved the best till last at Stay, I have read mixed reviews on this forum but the night was quite stunning. Rose cava and more Albarino (!) shrimp soup and fisherman’s soup were as good as anything we had all week preceded by an amuse bouche (or whatever the Mallorcan equivalent is) of cauliflower puree with a blob of jelly in the base. Davina had a trio of grilled white fish in a dill sauce and I had Sole Meuniere, fresh as you like and mouthwateringly tasty. Desserts were quite nice, not special, of ice cream & hot raspberries; I had a tiramisu mousse with mocha ice cream and choc sauce. Had complimentary liqueurs, at these prices the very least I expected. All in all the best food eaten during the week.
Saturday, quick trip into Pollensa for lunch in the square, bought some ham quiche , chocolate truffles and apple tarts from a great bakery behind the main square and took them round to their bar and had a couple of glasses of wine and watched the (rainy) world go by. Flight home just in time to catch a takeaway from our favourite Indian The Kismet.
Got to say we became addicted to the bread and aioli served at every meal, great first trip to PP and the food (and Albarino) was very good as well. Next time we visit PP then the following will be on the hit list – Zarzales, Tango, Clivia, Ca’n Costa and Ca’n Cuarassa.
Sponsored Links
Old 17-05-2008, 16:51

Hi paneraiman! Welcome to the forum and what a great review!!!

Thanks for such a comprehensive post and it was a pleasure to read. I will be sure to include it in the Restaurant Reference thread as a recent multi-place review!!!

Hope to see more posts from you!
Jane

Last edited by JH02JLH; 17-05-2008 at 20:33.
Old 17-05-2008, 18:32

Hi Paneraiman and welcome to the site,

A very enjoyable review of your week in PP.

You really know how to enjoy life ! well done and we look forward to your next visit.
Old 17-05-2008, 21:58

Hi Paneraiman,

Sincere thanks for posting this - loved reading it! Sounds like a lovely hol.

Lala
Old 18-05-2008, 00:30

Hi - great review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in PP. I must admit I'm very surprised at your comment re. Little Italy. I've always found the staff there to be very friendly and welcoming, although there is a rather zealous French waiter who quite clearly has OCD!!! Sorry you had a not so favourable experience.
Old 18-05-2008, 01:36

Hi paneraiman, and welcome to the forum!
I really enjoyed reading you reviews, thanks for taking the time to write them.
I cant wait to get back to sample the delights of Stay. my fav restaurant.
Just one question....
Did you enjoy the Albarino!
Heh heh!
Old 18-05-2008, 09:14

Good summary there Paneraiman. Could I suggest next time you are in PP, you try the Albarino, I hear its lovely!