Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-04-2008, 21:01

Default When you're smiling ( at Maxim's)

When you're smiling, oh when you're smiling, the whole world smiles with you !!!

So friends popped in for a drink or two. Well, for the sake of literary accuracy it turned out to be four to be absolutely precise, hic, !!!!!. We stumbled out of the Bonynest at 8.45 and made for the nearest eaterie which in , our case, was Maxim's, nearer by about three paces than El Posito.

Staggered to find the place packed , given the whole world here was engrossed in Barca v Manu but they managed to fit us in. "Menu Del Dia" at 20 Euros per head + IVA ain't too complicated when you've left your brains behind in some bottle !!! Choice of five starters plus five mains plus two puds. BLT had the rustic salad ( ham, rocket, parmesan and dates) , seafood ravioli para mi, then calves liver and bacon , pork fillets and friends tucked into sole. Nice food, well presented and well worth the money when you consider the vino was included in the 20 Euros.

Well, point of thread, this place has been criticised in past ,on this forum, for it's brusque staff and indifferent attitude to customer service. Personally, never had a prob cos known Claudia and Marcello from their Bony's days. However staff seem to have been to charm school over the winter cos they smiled and even laughed with the customers !!!!

If they're offering nice food at a reasonable price plus a SMILE they could be winners in a very competitive 2008 here !!!

What does anyone else think who's bben recently ??

BonysLad
Sponsored Links
Old 24-04-2008, 21:34

Chance would be a fine thing!!

As you well know BL it was closed on The Three Kings AND when we were out at Easter..boo

I've always found the service very friendly and always with a smile
Looking forward to going in June...please tell me the thai green curry is still on the menu?

Debs
Old 24-04-2008, 21:37

The Thai Green curry is good at Maxims and so is the ravoli in curry sauce starter
Old 24-04-2008, 21:57

I've always been one of the critics who mentioned the grumpiness of the staff but I've only ever visited in the height of summer. Perhaps by August they've had enough and I can understand that.

It will be interesting to see if the smiles are still in place on a hot August evening...

I look forward to finding out as the food can be sublime...

Jane
Old 25-04-2008, 09:54

Smile

Hi,
went to Maxim's last week for the menu and it was delicious
There were four of us, but we did stay on for an extra couple of drinks and the final bill was near 130 euros.However the staff were very friendly and helpful, I've never known them any different, but I don't go in August.
There is a saying here that you can get Augusitis with the tourists, very day being asked the same sometimes silly questions scrambles your brain in the heat of an August afternoon and you want to bite their heads off like a jelly baby.This isn't just confined to Maxim's, just watch some of the checkout girls in the supermarkets!
Cala san
Old 25-04-2008, 10:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cala san View Post
There is a saying here that you can get Augusitis with the tourists
I like to go in May/early June for lots of reasons the above being one of them - I think in general staff etc are nice and fresh and full of enthusiasm at the start of season,they must get a bit weary as the season goes on (not all!!!). Nowhere is too busy - usually get our little spot on the pinewalk all to ourselves with one or two kids passing with their little fishing nets. The weather has always been kind to us without an uncomfortable heat, everywhere feels more lush and not forgetting it is the best time of year for one of my favourite dishes - Lamb. At the end of the day, anytime in PP would be great!!
Definetely will give Maxims a visit! - Only two weeks to go!!!
Old 26-04-2008, 15:57

Smile Website for Maxims.

Hi All,
Maybe everyone knows this but there's a website for Maxims!

And a surprise to me to find that it's in a group with La Piazza!
Take a look...

www.maximpiazza.com

Adios
The Captain