Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-04-2008, 23:30

Default Cry God for Harry at La Placeta

It was St George's day last week. Bonyladette banned me from draping my big England footy flag over the balcony ( heck, it ain't gonna get much of an airing this year, folks !!!!!). She quietly explained it wasn't a very tasteful thing to do and then uttered some tripe about patriotism being the last refuge of a scoundrel, which, I think, came from some doctor geezer in 18th century London. Huh, what does he know ?

Determined not to let the day pass unobserved I therefore pinned a solitary red rose to me tee shirt. Out and about in the Port I received a couple of lecherous grins and come hither smiles from some strange guys during the day !!!!!

So, after market, this morning , we headed for the Son San Jordi ( geddit , guys ??) Hotel to have at least a drink in honour of the great guy.

The Son San Jordi, sits in one of the prettiest little squares in Pollenca with the tiny Iglesia San Jordi in one corner. Jazz singer Nicki was warming up ,accompanied by Derek, so we grab a table and settle down for a three course meal for 16.90 per head. Tempura prawns to start , dorada for BLT, steak para mi all washed down with a good Mallorquin Negra. Followed up with pud and coffee.

Kept moving the table further into the shade cos the sun really burning.Nice,home cooked food with fresh veg ( new potatoes, carrots, beans and cauliflower). Service friendly but not rushed and certainly not designed to get the punters in and out. It was like living in a kind of scene from a Mediterranean film set , perfect little place , sleepy but oh so full of atmosphere. Really happy couple of hours or so, enjoying the music as well.

Apparently they do Friday night Tapas and Montaditos, all accompanied by a spanish guitarist.

Cannot think of a nicer spot on a warm, balmy summer evening with a chilled bottle of white Rioja. If you can make it, it sounds idyllic.

Had a feeling old Jordi wouldn't let us down.

Cry God for Harry, England and St George !!!!!

BonysLad
Sponsored Links
Old 28-04-2008, 14:08

Thanks for the review, Bonyslad! I've added it to the RR thread!

Looks like a wonderful place! I also added the website as well and very tempted to eat there in August!

Jane
Old 28-04-2008, 14:14

You've done it again BL ....succeeded in making us all jealous! Cold and rainy here in blighty

Been meaning to go the the Son San Jordi for a while but have never got round to it. Will now !!!

Do they have jazz every Sunday?

7 weeks and 5 days...not that I'm counting or anything

Debs
Old 28-04-2008, 17:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
Been meaning to go the the Son San Jordi for a while but have never got round to it. Will now !!!* Do they have jazz every Sunday?Debs
Debs,
Yeah, Nicki sings every Sunday lunchtime, just joined by Derek on piano but he is off home to France next week til the Autumn so she'll probably be back to her taped backings. They're trying to get me to join em in the Autumn as well on me Sax. We'll see .........................Another one of BLT's little groundrules as I can only practice between 1700-1900 and only with a tea towel stuffed down the bell. However as it's getting warmer probably go on the roof so Sandy, close them windows !!!!BonysLad
Old 28-04-2008, 20:13

Son San Jordi is excellent. We stayed in it last March when we were looking for our apartment and had an excellent meal in it one night. The breakfast was also great.
Old 28-04-2008, 20:40

It's a definite for lunch in June ....

and count me in in the Autumn too when you are sax perfect Debs
Old 29-04-2008, 08:15

Bonyslad, if its a sax your playing, the windows will stay well and truly open! Can't think of anything sexier!!
Old 30-04-2008, 12:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy View Post
Bonyslad, if its a sax your playing, the windows will stay well and truly open! Can't think of anything sexier!!
Sandy,

Been looking for a gal who finds repeated Augmented Niinth chords sexy,

Give us a call !!!!!!

BonysLad
Old 30-04-2008, 14:20

No I am not going to say it