Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 19:02

Default Laup Bistro

Just thought I would let you know that we went to Laup Bistro on Saturday night which is now run by Chef Damien Loeffler and the food and service were very good. Pepe and Antonia are now at the Hotel cala San Vicente but I am sure Laup will be a great success especially with that wonderful garden. wonderful starters of fresh asparagus and tumbet with poached egg!! Mains of fillett steak cooked just right and Sea Bream and then a treat for desert - English style Gingerbread with ice cream. They must be the only restaurant in PP or even Mallorca offering gingerbread. Good variety on the menu and the best news of all was that they had decent prices also. GOOD LUCK TO DAMIEN.

Also, been to Guru a couple of times and as brilliant as ever - Concepcion and Ramon treat everyone like Kings - The customer is always right seems to be the motto which plenty of other places could learn from. They just want people to enjoy their meal and return and are trying to keep their prices the same as last year for as long as possible. Good luck to them both also. Genunine, hard working, nice people deserve to suceed.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2008, 21:12

Thanks so much for that report on L'Aup. It's one of our favourites and it's only across the road from the villa we're renting in August.

We will be back!!

Jane
Old 08-04-2008, 22:50
Super Moderator

Sounds really good,can you tell me where it is please.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:19

I absolutely love this place. So pleased to hear it hasn't deteriorated. Lunch there is fantastic, sitting under the trees, so peaceful - you wouldn't believe there was a road nearby.

cs... its on the left as you turn into the CSV road from the main port to Polllensa road, set quite far back.

Last edited by sandy; 09-04-2008 at 08:24.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:00
Super Moderator

Thanks for that Sandy, will give it a try when i am out next month.
Old 22-09-2008, 14:33

We’d been looking forward to dinner at L’Aup. It seemed to have everything going for it for a first night of the hols dinner – it’s easy to find, fairly close to the house, offered tables outside (such a treat after this year’s Brit summer) and seemed to have a menu firmly established in Mediterranean cuisine. And we were not disappointed.

Offered a choice of tables in the garden, surrounded by trees and shrubs, we were soon looking over the short menu. Drinks quickly came – Bitter Kas for me, glass of fino opposite – and good olives but fairly dismal bread.

A “special” starter of garlic king prawns was nothing more or less. Several well cooked prawns in garlic infused oil. The oil was pretty good for dunking the dismal bread (and improved it no end).

The other starter of tumbet was much better. A refined restaurant version of the Mallorcan peasant dish. Layers of potato, pepper & aubergine, interleaved with tomato – all fried separately so they retained their individual tastes and textures. Topped with a perfectly poached egg which added yet another taste layer. Clever chef!

I like my piggy and find Lechona hard to resist. Why is it so hard to find in British restaurants? I’m used to the suckling pig coming in large rustic chunks that you can hack about with knife & fork. Like the starter, this was a more refined cheffy version. And chef really knows how to cook this. Two good sized slices of tender tasty meat; the right amount of sweet fat and with a thin but very crispy skin. Not at all greasy as it often can be when there’s less skill in the kitchen. Underneath was a potato puree, very lightly flavoured with garlic but a bit too sloppy for my taste. Alongside, some fried tumbet veggies. An excellent well-crafted plate of food.

The other main was hake with “refried garlic” and potato. The fish had been cooked a tad too long but had good flavour. Can’t understand the “refried” thing with the garlic – perhaps they meant it had been precooked before being scattered on the fish skin while it cooked. The fish sat on slices of raw tomato which didn’t really add anything interesting in taste or texture. The potatoes had been slow fried with pimenton – or perhaps oil that previously cooked chorizo. It certainly gave it good flavour. The only problem with this dish is that it cried out for a contrast of texture – everything was just too soft.

We passed on dessert and finished with coffee. We’d had a couple bottles of water and my CiL had drunk about half the bottle of a Mallorcan dry white. Bill came to €93. Service had been very good so we were happy to round this up to €100.

L’Aup really is a cracker of a place.