Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-10-2007, 21:57
kcdc230

Default Montenegro

Hi all,

My family and I have just returned from a week in Pollenca (rather wet and windy, but a good holiday all the same!).

We were planning on having dinner one evening at restaurant Montenegro as we had enjoyed many meals there over the years, only to discover that it's now a Chinese restaurant!!

Has anybody any ideas what happened to the restaurant? Have they moved (in which case, where to), or did they just close down?

Many Thanks,

David
Sponsored Links
Old 29-10-2007, 21:58
sleepybobby

Alas another good restaurant bites the dust and yet ANOTHER Chinese restaurant appears from the ashes.Dont know what the other members think but personally me thinks too many chinese restaurants are sprouting up.
Old 29-10-2007, 22:09

You're not alone, SB!

Have a look here:

p221.ezboard.com/fpollensaforumfrm13.showMessage?topicID=757.topic

Jane:rolleyes
Old 30-10-2007, 00:47
eande1

Met the ex-owner of Montenegro in Pollensa market, bad news is that they have closed down and sold the business.

The good news is that the chinese restaurant seems to have closed as well!!

Have to confess that for the first time in 20+ years going to PP we went into a chinese restaurant - but only because we got caught out in a thunder storm! Any port in a storm!

Can't really recommend the experience, chinese food just doesn't seem right in PP.
Old 30-10-2007, 05:43

Couldn't agree more eande 1..chinese food doesn't seem right in PP especially when our experience, like yours can't be recommended!

We were also caught out.. in winter, starving,and not many places open :rolleyes
Old 30-10-2007, 16:12
hoopy

Default montenegro

while Im not a great lover of chinese food there seems to be a lot of people who are, hence the reason that there are so many.

Perhaps if the O Lumes of this world were to be more pro-active in their advertising and location there wouldn't be the need for so many?

I also dont think it should be classed as "good news" that any business or restaurant has had to fold. Good luck to anybody, Chinese, Mallorcan or British who has a go and tries to provide a service.
Old 30-10-2007, 21:42

Default Re: montenegro

Hi hoopy!

Whilst I agree with you that it's never a good thing for a business to close, I don't think you can blame O Lume for the increase in Chinese (or Indian, etc) restaurants in PP!

I think O Lume relies on reviews from members for advertising (I could be wrong!) and also there are several threads on here asking for directions to the restaurant, which members are more than happy to give. And of course, this thread in itself is advertising!

I would be very wary of opening a restaurant in PP at the moment, Chinese or otherwise. When I was compiling the Restaurant Review thread, I was amazed at how many places there are to eat in the area! Competition must be very fierce.

I was very surprised about Montenegro - when we ate at Cap de Canto which was directly opposite, we saw that the place was packed with happy diners, but then I don't know the full story. It could be that rent or rates were raised and made it difficult to keep going.

Anyway...enough of my rambling. Let's hope that another business takes over the premises and is successful!

Jane
Old 30-10-2007, 21:43
kcdc230

Default RE: MONTENEGRO

Thanks to everyone for their responses - we come to PP once a year for our holiday (well actually this year we stayed in Pollensa itself for the first time, but we tended to come to PP for dinner most days !) and this year our daughter had all the evening meals planned before we left England, and top of the list was Suckling Pig at Montenegro, so you can imagine how gutted we were when we rounded the corner to find it had turned red and was covered in Chinese writing!!

Anyway, we still had a good time, and lots of good meals - I know it's probably not allowed for me to mention Pollensa on here, but Il Giardino on the square was superb, and very accomodating to our 5 month old granddaughter, who incidentally enjoyed every moment of her first holiday!

Thanks again
Old 30-10-2007, 22:29
Founder

Default Re: RE: MONTENEGRO

Of course you CAN mention Pollensa Town restaurants here- please do - as this website & forum covers Pollensa (the municipality) in general.

It's called puertopollensa.com as this is an area many tourists know.

So do keep the reviews coming in from all over 'Pollensa'.
Old 30-03-2008, 15:14

Exclamation New Restaurant Opens In Montenegros place...

Hi Again,
The new restaurant to open up in Montenegros place is an Indian Restaurant called "The taste of india house", the staff seem quite friendly.

And It opens on the 1st April 2008

Have a look at this Photo...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2463250...94020/sizes/l/ * http://www.flickr.com/photos/2463250...06535/sizes/l/ * http://www.flickr.com/photos/2463250...64011/sizes/l/ *

Last edited by Sea Captain; 06-04-2008 at 20:31.